What's new

Zoroastrian elected to city council in Yazd

Some nice ones stayed behind. As you well know, the ones who moved were the umm, rovers, wanderers, fiddlefooted people.

Sir we have all heard the story about how the Parsis came to our country etc. And I know all of us respect the community a lot for what it has contributed to our country and all. But you are right. I think only cowards run away in the face of atrocities. The ones who stayed behind and stayed true to their motherland therefore have greater respect from me. Granted there might have been hardships. But after the worst was over, why did they not go back?

Sir we have all heard the story about how the Parsis came to our country etc. And I know all of us respect the community a lot for what it has contributed to our country and all. But you are right. I think only cowards run away in the face of atrocities. The ones who stayed behind and stayed true to their motherland therefore have greater respect from me. Granted there might have been hardships. But after the worst was over, why did they not go back?

You should know I was pulling your leg.

I apologise for any liberties taken. The question of you and your families lacking courage does not arise. Your revered elder is and will always remain a venerated figure for every Indian.

It was a lapse of manners and I am very sorry.

Staying somewhere that you know you will be killed for your belief, is called stupidity, not bravery. It's really unappreciative to call Parsis who have contributed much more than their population to India as cowards.
So according to you, those families who fled away from Nazis or allies were also cowards? You may want to know that those who fled to India from Arab invasion were mostly normal families who couldn't do anything except getting killed, not soldiers or fighters.

Staying somewhere that you know you will be killed for your belief, is called stupidity, not bravery. It's really unappreciative to call Parsis who have contributed much more than their population to India as cowards.
So according to you, those families who fled away from Nazis or allies were also cowards? You may want to know that those who fled to India from Arab invasion were mostly normal families who couldn't do anything except getting killed, not soldiers or fighters.

I have heard there were many soldiers with them as well, and our King asked that they lay down their arms as one of the pre-requisites to allowing them sanctuary? I am sorry but I cannot imagine anything that would make me leave my own land without fighting for it. I would rather die trying.

I have heard there were many soldiers with them as well, and our King asked that they lay down their arms as one of the pre-requisites to allowing them sanctuary? I am sorry but I cannot imagine anything that would make me leave my own land without fighting for it. I would rather die trying.

Personal choice not everyone prefers it.

Guardian council is an Islamic organization, Iran being 98% muslims and having an Islamic constitution. Do you expect a zoarastrian to join?

Can a muslim, hindu, zoarastrian, even an atheist ever become the president of united states??

You have to appeal to the majority. common sense.

zoarastrian are protected minority in Parliament and are allowed to run for elections. Iran is 100 steps ahead of other muslim countries.

Malaysia is way higher then you and even Pakistan is way better as far as democratic credentials go. When Mullahs decide the very candidates who can run its not really democracy anymore.

Well that's your opinion, but not everyone's. Nationalism comes with sanity and reasoning, or it will turn in to Nazism or something like that.
You 'heard' there were soldiers with them? From where? We are talking about 1400 years ago, not a week ago,we can't exactly tell who was with them unless it is documented well. Besides, have you heard anything about retreat in wars? According to you it's also cowardliness, not a war tactic, right?

Well that's your opinion, but not everyone's. Nationalism comes with sanity and reasoning, or it will turn in to Nazism or something like that.
You 'heard' there were soldiers with them? From where? We are talking about 1400 years ago, not a week ago,we can't exactly tell who was with them unless it is documented well. Besides, have you heard anything about retreat in wars? According to you it's also cowardliness, not a war tactic, right?

Bro I am sorry for causing offense. I will take back the coward part. I actually knew a Parsi girl in school. Very sweet nerdy girl with specs and plaits. They are good docile people. But sadly not fighters.

Bro I am sorry for causing offense. I will take back the coward part. I actually knew a Parsi girl in school. Very sweet nerdy girl with specs and plaits. They are good docile people. But sadly not fighters.

I didn't take any offense mate, we are having a discussion, I respect your opinion, but we can disagree with each other. :)

PS: They may not have been fighters, but we also had pretty good fighters, they have became legends now.
Here's one, Babak Khorramdin.I visited his castle few days ago. The man was a war genius.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babak_Khorramdin

In Iran, the ruling regime, a miniscule percentage of the Iranian population bars minorities from becoming the leaders of the nation while in the US the society bars minorities from becoming leaders of the nation. A non-christian WILL NEVER IN A THOUSAND MILLENIA become the president of the US (unless something profound happens that changes the Americans society). In any case the end result is the same.

So she's right.

There is a huge difference in systematic barring of minorities and an open system where minorities are given an even chance to compete. Mind it what you are saying about Non-Christians was also claimed for African Americans and women.

I didn't take any offense mate, we are having a discussion, I respect your opinion, but we can disagree with each other. :)

PS: They may not have been fighters, but we also had pretty good fighters, they have became legends now.
Here's one, Babak Khorramdin.I visited his castle few days ago. The man was a war genius.

Babak Khorramdin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course the whole world knows of your military history bro. Which is why most Indians are surprised at how affable and docile and nerdy the Parsis are. They look big and strong, and abuse a lot, but are basically mild mannered if you push them around. Are Iranians also like that?

There is a huge difference in systematic barring of minorities and an open system where minorities are given an even chance to compete. Mind it what you are saying about Non-Christians was also claimed for African Americans and women.

In the US, the barring of minorities from higher office comes from the MAJORITY (American society), while in Iran it comes from a handful of individuals in power (a miniscule minority). I would argue that there's a more systematic barrier in the United States than Iran.

And while the same arguement was made for black people, it was not made for women. The reason the barrier was removed for black people was b/c of the "profound" events I talked about in the other post (American society drastically shifted towards accepting black christians as human beings).

You will never see a religous minority, a "rag head" specially (muslim/hindu/sikh etc...), achieve presidency. So again, the barrier to entry is stronger and more systematic in the US than Iran. All we need in Iran is for the hanful of individuals in power to **** off to Arabia and we're good to go. In the US you need half a century at minimum for the society to even shift its opinion in the slightest bit.

Of course the whole world knows of your military history bro. Which is why most Indians are surprised at how affable and docile and nerdy the Parsis are. They look big and strong, and abuse a lot, but are basically mild mannered if you push them around. Are Iranians also like that?

Iranians are quite sanguineous.

Anyway, Parsis have greatly contributed to India.

Parsis are not big and strong. Black people are big and strong.

Back
Top Bottom