What's new

Iran prepares for Western invasion as thaw in relations with the outside world boosts tourism indust

I don't know what you are talking about but negative incidents happens in every country
Negative incidents happen but there's no chance of getting into trouble for something simple like dress code in Europe.

Negative incidents happen but there's no chance of getting into trouble for something simple like dress code.

Dress code only really exists for women doesn't it

Dress code only really exists for women doesn't it
No, it exists for men too and if one mistake happens unintentionally like taking a picture of a place that I am not supposed to take then I am in trouble.

That is very promising to see! People of different cultures and nationalities only benefit each other by interacting. It quickly shreds any pre-conceived notions that our governments or media put into our minds.

Every Iranian I have had the pleasure of speaking with in person has been nothing but respectful and frankly very knowledgeable. I know it will be at least another decade or two before non-Iranian Americans are welcome to travel to Iran, but it will happen eventually. :tup:

those iranians you had a pleasure to speak to are also most of the " Bhavi" ( i know I am spelling it wrong) sect that is banned in Iran...and have migrated to the US

No, it exists for men too and if one mistake happens unintentionally like taking a picture of a place that I am not supposed to take then I am in trouble.

What is the dress code for men? :lol:

That guy Dan looks really ugly. Perhaps the Iranians felt sorry for him, hence the warm hospitality :D

On a more serious note, my father has been to Iran on about 3 occasions. He claims that it is one of the best countries in the world

Send your father our regards and that he, his family and all Indians are always welcome to visit. :)

Negative incidents happen but there's no chance of getting into trouble for something simple like dress code in Europe.
Unless as a male, you go out maybe in 'full nude' mode, it's unlikely that you get into trouble for your dress code. Men in Iran basically wear what their western counterparts generally wear in streets. There are some exaggerations about this in western media. About women dress code, I agree that they should be more careful. But it doesn't usually get people in to real trouble, especially for tourists, because they are thought not to be familiar with laws or dress code.

One does not simply take pictures 'unintentionally' from places they are not supposed to take.

those iranians you had a pleasure to speak to are also most of the " Bhavi" ( i know I am spelling it wrong) sect that is banned in Iran...and have migrated to the US

It's Bahai faith, and no, you can't say that, because they are an absolute minority among Iranian-Americans.

I also want to visit Iran someday.... But i remember, a Turkish tv went there to film Iran. They have detained by the police (released a few hours later) for several times.

Because gas is cheap in Iran they were filming the Gas station and they were telling about government allows people to buy a predefined amount and because of the cheap gas traffic is insane... and stuff like that. Then suddenly police appeared and detained the crew although the had all the necessary papers.

It made me think, if police detains tv crew for filming.... what would became of me if i accidentally film something that i shouldn't ( No way,i would knew that filming the gas stations are illegal !!!)

Unless as a male, you go out maybe in 'full nude' mode, it's unlikely that you get into trouble for your dress code. Men in Iran basically wear what their western counterparts generally wear in streets. There are some exaggerations about this in western media. About women dress code, I agree that they should be more careful. But it doesn't usually get people in to real trouble, especially for tourists, because they are thought not to be familiar with laws or dress code.

Abii here said he was arrested for wearing a T-shirt. By the way, is it true that rules are practiced according to the province or city? For instance, in Shiraz rules are relaxed while in Qom it's very serious. And lots of sources say that shorts are not allowed.

One does not simply take pictures 'unintentionally' from places they are not supposed to take.

Please refer to Sinan's post. That's what I was talking about.

it seems foreigners are more familiar with Iran than Iranians !!!

just stop talking bullshix & experience it by yourself ...

about the tight pants ...

don't worry ... but be careful about homosexuals :D

it seems foreigners are more familiar with Iran than Iranians !!!

just stop talking bullshix & experience it by yourself ...

about the tight pants ...

don't worry ... but be careful about homosexuals :D

Mate, i'm serious.

Here is that video which i was talking about.

After 41:00 reporter tells, how it was difficult to film in Iran, even in the bus station and parks police came up (both uniformed and civil police) and asked for Permission "Mocevviz" .... they got detained for 2.5 hours for filming a gas station. Also citizens noticed police about their filming, etc...

Imagine, i'm coming to Iran and being detained for filming a park in Isfahan..... :frown:

Mate, i'm serious.

Here is that video which i was talking about.

After 41:00 reporter tells, how it was difficult to film in Iran, even in the bus station and parks police came up (both uniformed and civil police) and asked for Permission "Mocevviz" .... they got detained for 2.5 hours for filming a gas station. Also citizens noticed police about their filming, etc...

Imagine, i'm coming to Iran and being detained for filming a park in Isfahan..... :frown:

Don't worry brother, if you read some of my posts you'll know that I'm not really a fan of Mullahs, but rest assured that Iran is not what it is portrayed by Western propaganda "bullshit" agencies. Yes, recording in Iran could be problematic but only if you're recording with professional equipment. If you use handycam there will be no problem (of course if you're recording images of military installments, bases, police stations, etc... then you're in for trouble)

The reason that you'll need permit to record in Iran is obvious, some Western agencies used to come to Iran and overstep their boundaries by exaggerating some issues that exist in Iran.

I was in Sweden about 5 months ago, one of the channels (I don't rmember which) was broadcasting nonsense about Iran, they had gone to a remote village and were portraying Iran as if all Iranians live like the people in that village, so of course they MUST NOT be given permit as a matter of fact their equipment should have been broken and their asses deported back to Sweden.

Unfortunately some recent comments by very influential person(s) in Iran can only delay the opportunity for more Americans to visit and see/meet the real Iran and the real Iranians. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom