What's new

Zindagi, Pakistan shows a hit in India

i guess already several indian channels showing Pakistani Soaps.....and its strange tht indians are now getting freedom and their govt is getting open and allowing Pakistani entertainment i hope they will also allow some popular Pakistani channels so that indians can watch more amazing and better Drama serials from Pakistan. Pakistani Dramas now have already grabbed more than 90% market in Pakistan back and now womens and even mens:D can be seen discussing dramas of ARY, GEO, HUM, Aplus etc...

Why should I "shut up" ? If u got problems to cry .. Coz I Dnt give a .... Abt u or South India.. No do I give a damn abt u guys..

calm down young blood. Work out your aggression on the punching bag.

There is a big difference between Pak-North Indian culture .. Compare tht with South Indian culture.. It's like me a Baluch liking South Indian movies ..:lol:

Not really .. Some are quiet interestin .. I watched a few episodes of a soap based on the ottomans..

it even showed up on BBC news

try the classic Pakistani ones, you will change your mind

The upper middle class Indians are more into the English stuff.

Game of thrones.

Last edited:
Cant comment on pakistani serials never seen one.Indian serials are my pet hate i sit there while my mum watches them and stew inside thinking how can she watch this and why does the camera have to zoom in on everyones face in the room with sound effects included.
But there are good ones too like Maharana Pratap and Mahabharata.

But there are good ones too like Maharana Pratap and Mahabharata.
Maharana Pratap isnt telecast here, but the Mahabharatha one is actually good imo. The gave it a modern spin on many issues, and pretty nice explanations for some problems. Except the cgi work in some parts are really bad, but they were working with 100 crores for the whole serial, so I guess something had to be sacrificed.

There are currently 3 versions of MB running on Tamil Channels, dubbed and straight takes :lol: The star plus dubbed one is the best though, it also has a pretty cool soundtrack.

i guess already several indian channels showing Pakistani Soaps.....and its strange tht indians are now getting freedom and their govt is getting open and allowing Pakistani entertainment i hope they will also allow some popular Pakistani channels so that indians can watch more amazing and better Drama serials from Pakistan. Pakistani Dramas now have already grabbed more than 90% market in Pakistan back and now womens and even mens:D can be seen discussing dramas of ARY, GEO, HUM, Aplus etc...

Immediate interest will be generated because of the curiosity factor. A good barometer would be to see what TRP's are being generated in, say 6 months or a year. That will give a clear picture.

imran-abbas-at-zees-channel.jpg

Zee launched a new entertainment channel ‘Zindagi’ that breaks all differences between India and Pakistan with their new set of soaps. It is the first time an Indian TV entertainment channel is promoting mutual harmony between the two countries by airing soaps which will have lives of Pakistani people.

Ahead of their launch the channel held a meet with around 500 bloggers from Mumbai and Delhi. Present at the event was one of the leading Pakistani TV actor, Imran Abbas. The channel which went on air from Monday will initially have Pakistan TV’s top rated shows but will later air global content from places like Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Latin America, Egypt, Iran and Turkey.

While talking about how similar the lives of Pakistanis are to that of Indians, Imran Abbas said, “The culture, food, values and lives of people are same in both the countries; we are from the same soil. It is only some political turmoil and misunderstandings that causes difficulty, otherwise everything is the same.”

When asked about the upcoming shows, he said, “We make soaps of 25 episodes, which makes the story to the point and precise. We do not believe in elongating stories just to fill in space.”

Woman broadcaster from Pakistan, Sultana Siddiqui also joined the meet through web forum. She said, ” There is a huge fan base for Indian soaps in Pakistan, Indian serials are top rated here, we hope similarly Indians would love and support ours.”

A channel official also said that there would no high drama, mahaepisodes, loud and garish make ups or much hyped deaths and births of people. With the screenplay so real and crisp, there’s no scope for it to be boring and the shows will end in a month. They also have a new concept of short film that will be aired every night, in which a woman’s story would be described, which will have Kirron Kher as the sutradhar. Two of the soaps that are going to be aired soon are Aunn Zara and Zindagi Gulzar Hai.

Zindagi Gulzar Hai will air at 8 pm and Aunn Zara at 8.55 pm, Monday to Sunday on new Zee channel Zindagi.

Zee launches new channel ‘Zindagi’ with serials from Pakistan | Latest News & Gossip on Popular Trends at India.com

Okay thats nice.. I read they've bought about 200 Pak dramas..
But one thing is indigestible.

Since when do indian soaps have top ratings in Pakistan?
That was ancient times like 2005 after that the time stretch comprising of a millions light years bored us and anyways Pakistani drama industry is way better

Indian soaps are no comparison.
Apart from Pakistani shows Turkish are new fashion
Indian are totally out and never coming back.

Who wants to see women sleeping with 5 kilos of makeup and hear only two lines of dialogue in a thirty minute show..
A few days ago I stumbled on urdu one and guess what It WAS STILL SHOWING THE GOPI DRAMA!!!
When will it end..even the cast is so ugly..:rolleyes:

they should have bought gud Pakistani dramas ... all the one i saw in advertisement above are average

Oh please they are the best and obviously the best when compared to your silly soaps that dont end for centuries

So what AUNZARA is my ultimate fav. I don't like people calling it average and sabar rakho
Theyve imported 200 dramas ahista ahista chala dein ge..
That reminds me I love Ahista Ahista too..

Back
Top Bottom