What's new

Zindagi, Pakistan shows a hit in India

Free market capitalism bub.

Gotta spend cash to make cash.

Speaking of, I wonder which part of the country would be the largest market for across-the-border entertainment? I've also noticed that there is no mention of the name 'Pakistan' in their ads.

Cant comment on pakistani serials never seen one.Indian serials are my pet hate i sit there while my mum watches them and stew inside thinking how can she watch this and why does the camera have to zoom in on everyones face in the room with sound effects included.
It is a tactic used to keep you stick onto serial and not change and also so that you don't get distracted to things going on nearby you. And I think it's very well working :lol:

Speaking of, I wonder which part of the country would be the largest market for across-the-border entertainment? I've also noticed that there is no mention of the name 'Pakistan' in their ads.

possibly to avoid the plethora of Hindu fundamentalists. A major terrorist attack, and I definitely know that the fundoos will go nuts over Terrorist TV soaps in our screens.

My guess is the big cities first. Personally, I think this is a good thing. More money for creative arts in pakistan is not a bad thing, depending on whether Zee gives money to the original artists.

as I reiterated before, the usual suspects who foam at the mouth to post vitriol at India is now falling all over themselves to recommend Pakistani Soaps.

That is amusing Bombaywalla Bhai. That is amusing.

You know, from the way your countrymen post here, it seems like they have no understanding of India or Indians.

Normally, I accuse Indians of being ignorant about Pakistan.

also it's a bit weird seeing Pakistanis all getting super excited for this.

You guys do realise that this is a money making venture for Zee right? It's a capitalistic venture. Zee knows they are going to mint some money from the curiosity factor.

as @Bang Galore said, wait for a few months to see what happens. For me, that will determine whether Indians will see this as an exotic flavor or not.

On the same channel, you have turkish, Egyptian and latin american soaps as well.

Although the Pakistani soaps have some seriously pale girls acting. That is a major plus in Indian TV.

After a certain shad of brown, you cannot appear on Indian TV :lol:

:(

@Jzaib aren't Indian TV shows and movies banned in Pakistan?
yaar indian movies is available every cable and cinemas.. recently due to the rise of so many private channels in Pakistan nad they are doing a fantastic job, indian serials have viewership have gone down.. .. all indian news channels are blocked .. without being baised .. Indian serials was very popular till 2005, for many decades people preffer starplus, colour on the drams on PTV ... as there was no private channels available .. but now Pakistani channels have become more popular in Pakistan ..

most of the Pakistani people see India through indian movies .. the kind of impression they have of india is what they see on TV ..

I never watch pakistani shows or dramas,just news :)

I have to say, as a South Indian, I feel like Pakistani news just never mentions us. All the love/hate goes to Delhi.

Never mention the fact that, of the some news shows I watched, it seems they have zero knowledge on Hinduism or take liberties with it.

But that being said, it is less hyperactive, and less nationalistic than Indian media.

yaar indian movies is available every cable and cinemas.. recently due to the rise of so many private channels in Pakistan nad they are doing a fantastic job, indian serials have viewership have gone down.. .. all indian news channels are blocked .. without being baised .. Indian serials was very popular till 2005, for many decades people preffer starplus, colour on the drams on PTV ... as there was no private channels available .. but now Pakistani channels have become more popular in Pakistan ..

most of the Pakistani people see India through indian movies .. the kind of impression they have of india is what they see on TV ..

that's pretty poor knowledge. A lot of the time, it is Punjabi culture masquerading as Pan-Indian culture. I think I sort of understand now why there is familiarity sans Pakistan.

Look at Bollywood, the actors are kapoors, Khannas and the producers are Chopras etc.

It is only very recently that Bollywood has decided to branch out. So you have terrible movies like Humshakals and movies like Gangs of Wasseypur.

as long as you have fair skinned beauties, the TV shows will do well. No matter the content :D

@Jzaib

where from pakistan are you from bro :-)

Last edited:
as long as you have fair skinned beauties, the TV shows will do well. No matter the content :D
tharki bacha :P

u know na in our culture people dnt like to come on tv .. girls frm gud families dnt come on TV .. Pakistan has way more beauties then what appears on TV .. specially the people from North West are very good looking .,.. but there is almost no representation of them on tvshows .. pathanis are way hot someday u might get to see them on TV .. taab taak tu sunny leon se guzara chala loo :0

@Ravi Nair im from lahore .. its very near to the border .,.. u should visit it sometym .. it might change the impression of Pakistan ..I think u already understand Pakistan better then most indians.

as I reiterated before, the usual suspects who foam at the mouth to post vitriol at India is now falling all over themselves to recommend Pakistani Soaps.

That is amusing Bombaywalla Bhai. That is amusing.

Very amusing indeed, but not unexpected; there seems to be no dearth of hypocrites anywhere you look. I'm so sick of their nonsense and useless rhetoric, that it's a lot easier to pretend these scumbags don't exist.

u know na in our culture people dnt like to come on tv .. girls frm gud families dnt come on TV .. Pakistan has way more beauties then what appears on TV .. specially the people from North West are very good looking .,.. but there is almost no representation of them on tvshows .. pathanis are way hot someday u might get to see them on TV .. taab taak tu sunny leon se guzara chala loo :0

@Ravi Nair im from lahore .. its very near to the border .,.. u should visit it sometym .. it might change the impression of Pakistan ..I think u already understand Pakistan better then most indians.

@Jzaib the situation in India is that a lot of beautiful women, because they are dark skinned, gets passed up for roles.

so a lot of actresses gets looked over because of their skin tone :( even though they are excellent actresses.

While talking about how similar the lives of Pakistanis are to that of Indians, Imran Abbas said, “The culture, food, values and lives of people are same in both the countries; we are from the same soil. It is only some political turmoil and misunderstandings that causes difficulty, otherwise everything is the same.”

Really ?????????Puhleez

Last edited:
Very amusing indeed, but not unexpected; there seems to be no dearth of hypocrites anywhere you look. I'm so sick of their nonsense and useless rhetoric, that it's a lot easier to pretend these scumbags don't exist.

you are speaking way over your head. None of the people here are hypocrites.

They are just praising Pakistani dramas and if it takes Indians to hear the praise they would do it.

Replace all the Indians here with Iranians or Afghans, and you would see no difference

@Ravi Nair

Nagpur,Maharashtra

nice to know you are from Nagpur. My grandma, in 1942 went there with her father for fruit wholesale trade

@Jzaib the situation in India is that a lot of beautiful women, because they are dark skinned, gets passed up for roles.

so a lot of actresses gets looked over because of their skin tone :( even though they are excellent actresses.

keralam is a beautiful place

The most stupid comment i have ever read in PDF from a Pakistani.....u must go out of ur home to see the big change already happened. Now most of the new and talented Pakistani actors and actresses are highly qualified from reputed Pakistani and international schools......soo dont open the shit hole when u know nothing abt whole Pakistan if u r living in waziristan u think whole pakistan is the same...too bad

Back
Top Bottom