What's new

Zarif's world tour is in full swing

Well, it looks like Rouhani just blew the possibility of talks out of the water with his demand. So I'd like to ask him if he thinks the U.S. is hurting over the Iran sanctions or is it just us, what's the incentive for him to lift sanctions now?? I don't get the logic here.

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/or...ouhani-backpedals-hardliners-talks-trump.html

https://breakingdefense.com/2019/08/israel-to-trump-dont-talk-to-iran-look-at-north-korea/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+BreakingDefense+(Breaking+Defense)
Logic: Never negotiate when the other side is holding a gun at you. That is not negotiation; it is a surrender.

In all fairness to him, he wouldn't be allowed to even if he wanted to.

Well, it looks like Rouhani just blew the possibility of talks out of the water with his demand. So I'd like to ask him if he thinks the U.S. is hurting over the Iran sanctions or is it just us, what's the incentive for him to lift sanctions now?? I don't get the logic here.

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/or...ouhani-backpedals-hardliners-talks-trump.html

https://breakingdefense.com/2019/08/israel-to-trump-dont-talk-to-iran-look-at-north-korea/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+BreakingDefense+(Breaking+Defense)
Dadash, the logic is that iri are no fools. They know the game the orange clown plays. Just look how they negotiated, violated and re-negotiated the trade deal with the Mexicans. Literally screwing them for the world to see. And IRI is not in the business of getting played. IRI is a stone cold logical strategists. They don’t respond well to either empty promises or toothless threats.

Best strategy for Iran is to bury Trump and his hawkish admin altogether. Do everything possible so that he does not get re-elected nor his admin can come out. Iran's intelligence needs to dig out scandals and politically assassinate them under the burden of scandals.

In parallel, Iran needs to become independent of oil and gas, it needs to crush and root out corruption in a sustainable way, engage with neighbours and produce a local economy base on the region. Time is running out, and I am not talking about sanctions, I am talking about reduction in demand for fossil fuel and shrinkage in fossil fuel economy.

Best strategy for Iran is to bury Trump and his hawkish admin altogether. Do everything possible so that he does not get re-elected nor his admin can come out. Iran's intelligence needs to dig out scandals and politically assassinate them under the burden of scandals.

In parallel, Iran needs to become independent of oil and gas, it needs to crush and root out corruption in a sustainable way, engage with neighbours and produce a local economy base on the region. Time is running out, and I am not talking about sanctions, I am talking about reduction in demand for fossil fuel and shrinkage in fossil fuel economy.
Iran is moving and has to move to that direction. Iran will be known in history as one of the parties which shaked the "west-leaning" world order. A healthier balance is being created in the world in front of our eyes. However if Iran wants to fully benefit from this change, it also has to change from within.

Don't think I don't agree with you all, I do, but a strategist would also strategize about the possibility of a Trump 2nd term. Also you should also be cognizant of maybe it's a good thing when Israel and other enemies are already worried about the possibility of talks.

I don't want anything bad to happen to the US politically. As the situation there is already horrible with rapidly declining demographics, free speech and rampant corporate infringement of freedoms.

I propose the following plan

"limit" iranian missiles to 2000km (it's already limited to that so who cares)

allow inspections of nuclear sites anytime, before was 48 hrs

calm down with naval encounters, this can be done before the negotiation process as a sign of goodwill

actively work to soften domestic rhetoric, no more flag burning or margbar amrika chants. for the sake of practicality I would also do the same with israel, albeit on a lesser scale. so there's still rhetoric but not as bad. it's good optics as it would lull trump and his admin into a false sense of security, and he could use it to quell israel's concerns.

make promises to "open up" iranian economy to US investment, remind trump of the multi-billion dollar boeing deal that fell through and could help him domestically with reelection. Also his boomer base will eat that shit up if he gets quippy tweets in talking about how America is "receiving BILLIONS from Iran", "more money coming into AMERICA, less into TERRORISTS" or something like that w/e.

Trump won't start a war with Iran. As it will destroy his credibility to his supporters and destroy his chance for reelection. As well as doom the world into the worst economic recession it's ever seen.

Don't think I don't agree with you all, I do, but a strategist would also strategize about the possibility of a Trump 2nd term. Also you should also be cognizant of maybe it's a good thing when Israel and other enemies are already worried about the possibility of talks.

I agree, I implicitly implied we need to act independent of US' governance regime. However what I was suggesting was for short term. There is no point going back to negotiation except for US to reverse everything and Iran would simply go back to default compliance and not one bit more.

Iran needs to become sanction proof, that is when it's ultimately independent.

If we learned anything from 2016 it's that scandals don't matter for Trump. He literally bragged about sexual assault on video and still got elected.

The only thing that can prevent his re-election is a recession. He has kept the economy afloat for now using pain killers. Let's see if he can hold it for another 1.5 years.

The only thing that can prevent his re-election is a recession. He has kept the economy afloat for now using pain killers. Let's see if he can hold it for another 1.5 years.

China's recent counter-tariffs will put on some pressure. They have recently upped Iran oil imports as trade talks collapsed. This is good for Iran.

Well, we need to delineate ourselves from Israel....we need to be better than these bloodsuckers, call me an idealist but I don't think we should lose the moral high ground to people like Netanyahu. We've been around for thousands of years and we are storied people. We don't have a soiled record like Israel or the U.S. and I think we should keep it that way.

Lose the moral high ground to netanyahu? Even Chengiz khan couldn't do that! A man that attacks other countries, impose sanctions and is behind the deaths of more innocent people than any one else?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom