What's new

Y-20 heavy transport aircraft News & Discussions

Nice artwork, even if I can't understand why he chose the wrong number 50260 !??

Y-20 11051 4. Div - but wrong number.jpg

Another one ...

Y-20 11051 4. Div - service entry 15.6.16 - 4.png

IMO this number is far, far, far too much exaggerated !

Not even the USAF or the RuAF have such a huge fleet of transports even if You add all C-17, C-130 and C-5 in the USA or in Russia Il-78 + An-12 + An-124.

I think indeed that the PLAAF will purchase a larger number - maybe 200 - to establish a strategic lift capability and to bolster its transport fleet not only for military but also other "national" assets like emergency and disaster missions, but alone my "small" number of 200 would require about 10-12 new or transformed divisions; at all a completely new force structure.

Overall I won't be surprised if the PLAAF and other national assets would purchase between 200-300 Y-20s and maybe a few more for civil transport operators + some for export, but surely far less of these reported 1000.

Just my 2 cents,
Deino

IMO, 200-300 planes is rational considering the urgent needs and production capabilities in 10 years.

In a long term, figures will definitely reach 1000 no matter there emerges new models in the coming years. Demands create products not the willingness. But the situations keep changing. Who knows. Just like C17 keep manufacturing for years and nobody can predict how many planes they will build eventually.

But it's a good signal to us that the Y20 lead the aviation industry to an new era.

here,my friend,i got more information abort this beautiful girl. she came from Yanliang and the ceremony was holded in Qionglai city Sichuang province.

What I would like to know is how many Y-20s have been produced so far ?

And any info on that reported no. 11053 ?? ... or was this simply mixed with 11052 ?

Last edited:
China currently has less than 30 units of large transport (not counting those IL-76 converted to AWAC aircraft), so an addition of 3 aircraft meant 10% increase.

We will see a great transformation in PLAAF airlift capabilities in next few months.

And I am very sure development of other variants in AWAC, air tanker and others will be carried out if not done already.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom