What's new

Y-20 heavy transport aircraft News & Discussions

Does anyone know if this guy - Iron Eagle - has his own site ??

Y-20 artwork 11051 + 10052.jpg

More looks like Russia DK-30 engines ... i think we still not read any news about the Y-20 engine, maybe those Y-20 used DK-30, later waiting for domestic WS-20 engines. If i doing this engine project, 1 step is import DK-30 or copy engine (WS-18), 2 step is developing domestic WS-20 engine, two ways running together for China Y-20.

WS-18 physical appearance is no difference from DK-30P2. China has stop importing DK30 engine since 2 years ago and the fact, Y-20 needs better engine. We can be sure its domestic made and not Ruisisn import.

Found this bit of information from a poster in CJDBY. These are indirectly relevent to Y20 production during next few years.

Briefly, there are
around 20 IL-76 in transport role
4 in KJ-2000 AWAC role
2 as flying testbed
3 as fuel tanker
2 non-flying aircraft for testing and training.

A large number of these are refurbished used aircraft with limited life span left. 14 were imported in 1990s.

And this one regarding C-17 deliveries.
00111.jpg

国内IL-76能飞和不能飞的真还不少

90年代进口14架,其中后来专职运输10架,4架成了KJ-2000
2000年A-50I项目机体1架,这架飞机目前在试飞院仍然充当预警机试验平台
90年代长春飞行学院搞到1架报废IL-76T,充当教学器具
2000年后研制预警机KJ-2000,搞来1架IL-76机体,不能飞
2000年后试飞院进口1架IL-76,发动机试验平台
2013年后开始从白俄罗斯、俄罗斯、乌克兰的退役封存机中淘旧货,大修,改装。进口IL-78加油机 3架,IL-76MD/TD到目前约9-10架,还在持续搜罗中

因此国内IL-76基本情况大概是
运输型 20架
预警机 4架
试验平台 2架
加油机 3架
报废机体 2架

Last edited:
I think Y-20 is still a bit small in its dimensions and maximum cargo payload. I think they should aim to develop an enlarged upgrade soon, of which C-17 should be the measured against.

I think Y-20 is still a bit small in its dimensions and maximum cargo payload. I think they should aim to develop an enlarged upgrade soon, of which C-17 should be the measured against.

China should make Y20 fly with full payload first.

Last edited:
no. Not sourgrape, I always keen to watch Y20 fly with full payload, it is even better if powered by domestic engines, but I dont know when. Why you want to ignore the fact that Y20 must be done first before any larger one to be developped?

Vietnam has not big demand enough for something like C17, and we have choice to buy a few of them from Western or Russia. So if we need one now, we will have it after 1 or 2 year.

no. Not sourgrape, I always keen to watch Y20 fly with full payload, it is even better if powered by domestic engines, but I dont know when.

Vietnam has not big demand enough for something like C17, and we have choice to buy a few of them from Western or Russia. So if we need one now, we will have it after 1 or 2 year.
If you are keen , you shall know y-20 has already passed all Test require and achieving certification that included max payload test. The design phase is closed and project completed(See link below).

You are trying to imply shabby testing of Chinese or simply trolling by mentioning Y-20 still has not conduct any max payload test and hastily entering service as a failed product? You want me to quote back what u say? Or you want to edit your comment to try hide your shameful action? And even being a hypocrite by claiming you are concern for Y-20? What a pack of lies. More of a sourgrape. Too bad Vietnam is a poor and backward countries that cannot conduct such project in next 100 years. :lol: you must be very jealous while shameful at the same time :enjoy:

http://www.avic.com.cn/cn/xwzx/tpcl/421053.shtml

@Deino
Please come and clean the thread. Some sourgraped is here to create problem again.

Last edited:
Show me the interior of Y-20 cargo bay, ok?
The cheaper, better way for Vietnam is purchasing some because that choice is available, ok?
Even India chose that way. not any bad choice.

Are you physically or mentally handicap or both???
Who should be responsible to spoon feed a troller like you???
OH wait, what should i expected from proud citizen of a handicap race, who most famously for exporting their women for money as the co-called "BRIDE"
Y-20 interest huh???
Never mind any cheap purchase from a bottom feeder nation still depending military supplies from the "Vietnam War era"
Bottom line is : you're simply dirt poor period

One's time would better spent reading a telephone directory than replying to trolls from that ungraceful country. :lol::D

Back
Top Bottom