What's new

WOW:Syria militants attack Hezbollah positions in Lebanon: FSA

Hezbollah are not militants, they are a fine, well disciplined "army" using brilliant tactics.

well that's why I said that FSA simply has no chance against Hezbollah. It's not even a debate. The israelis under-estimated Hezbollah and found out that Southern Lebanon could be worse than entering hell.

Hezbollah capability-wise is more conventional of an army than some other Arab national armies. They are disciplined fighters, and the organizational/command structure (critical) is almost along the lines of a professional army (infantry batallions, specialized batallions (intel/signals,radio & psychological warfare, etc. etc.)

FSA or these other groups like Al Nusra dont fight conventionally. They use guerilla tactics. They have no weapons training or weapons discipline; they fire RPGs from inside apartment buildings and then scream in joy and think they are succeeding just because they put holes in a few buildings. They are a force to be reckoned with, and a threat to Assad's regime (which also has a lot of blood on its hands). But to think that "outsiders" can steer these proxies towards one of their objective (de-fanging Hezbollah and/or limiting Iran influence) is very naiive thinking. Theyre using some Syrians as pawns.

Hezbollah is considered a guerilla force though they very much do fight conventionally. Just ask the israeli officers whose Merkavas were surrounded on both sides; they even had a ground-based naval defence team/unit (psychologically this left a huge mark during 2006 war) which secured a few kills against naval assets (gunboats, missile boats etc)

this is a very elementary assessment based on what comes off the top of my head. I'm not an expert on the region nor am I an expert on Hezbollah. But I followed them closely in 2006 and I was astonished at what formidable fighters they are -- despite having no air or armor cover or support provided by the Lebanese National Air Force

You should ask that Hezbollah. Why they are killing Syrians who want freedom instead fighting Israel.

and how do you know that after attaining this "freedom" that they wont turn their guns on you?

the irony is that if these FSA did take over, israelis would probably be praying for Assad b/c the latter at least respected the ceasefire with israel (despite the 2 countries still 'officially' being in a state of war)

clever post though --- hey, if i were in your shoes I'd be also working hand-in-glove to divide Muslims and divide the foes. However, Syria (Al-Sham) is a country with an ancient history which existed long long long before israel or a lot of the other countries in the region did.

well that's why I said that FSA simply has no chance against Hezbollah. It's not even a debate. The israelis under-estimated Hezbollah and found out that Southern Lebanon could be worse than entering hell.
Israelis overestimated Hezbollah.

Hezbollah capability-wise is more conventional of an army than some other Arab national armies. They are disciplined fighters, and the organizational/command structure (critical) is almost along the lines of a professional army (infantry batallions, specialized batallions (intel/signals,radio & psychological warfare, etc. etc.)
While Hezbollah has large budget and modern weapons they are no match to any army. Their tactics is to sit behind human shields and fire rockets.

FSA or these other groups like Al Nusra dont fight conventionally. They use guerilla tactics. They have no weapons training or weapons discipline; they fire RPGs from inside apartment buildings and then scream in joy and think they are succeeding just because they put holes in a few buildings. They are a force to be reckoned with, and a threat to Assad's regime (which also has a lot of blood on its hands). But to think that "outsiders" can steer these proxies towards one of their objective (de-fanging Hezbollah and/or limiting Iran influence) is very naiive thinking. Theyre using some Syrians as pawns.
FSA managed to capture large territory, unlike Hezbollah that never could capture a single inch.

FSA also captured hundreds of Syrian soldiers Hezbollah could not a single Israeli.

So while FSA are poorly trained and armed they are much more like conventional army, than Hezbollah.

and how do you know that after attaining this "freedom" that they wont turn their guns on you?
I dont know. thats why I would prefer Assad to win. But nothing depends on me. Assad is going to lose.

clever post though --- hey, if i were in your shoes I'd be also working hand-in-glove to divide Muslims and divide the foes.
Its Hezbollah and Iran who are supporting falling dictator, not Israel. Without foreign support Assad would escape to Venezuela just like Ben Ali did and civil war would be spared.

However, Syria (Al-Sham) is a country with an ancient history which existed long long long before israel or a lot of the other countries in the region did.
Syria is a creation of European powers.

iran Syria Hezbollah All of these Guys are fighting against terrorism and and their survivals fight i say If they unit can beat the **** of these bloody free syrian army @$$.Hls lol some one even posted video of their leader who was having ....... with a girl ON SKYPE lol low life people

i dont agree, but that may be your opinion of it

While Hezbollah has large budget and modern weapons they are no match to any army. Their tactics is to sit behind human shields and fire rockets.

i dont know their budget; but they are a defensive force not an offensive force per se. They did manage to defend Southern Lebanon from any major invasion. Aerial threats they couldnt do too much about --- especially when israelis have LGBs and night vision capability (FLIR)

FSA managed to capture large territory, unlike Hezbollah that never could capture a single inch.

Hezbollah is not fighting in Syria; it's a Lebanese resistance group. So why would they need to capture Syrian territory? I think thus far theyve been cautious not to get embroiled just yet.

FSA also captured hundreds of Syrian soldiers Hezbollah could not a single Israeli.

Hezbollah did capture israeli soldiers bro; that's one reason why the war began in the first place!!!

So while FSA are poorly trained and armed they are much more like conventional army, than Hezbollah.

no they arent......though FSA also does draw some of its senior leadership from defected Syrian army individuals (regulars, officers)

I dont know. thats why I would prefer Assad to win. But nothing depends on me. Assad is going to lose.

it is a possibility, for sure. . .

i think the israelis have calculated that while FSA could be a med-long term threat, they just want to see a major thorn in their side taken care of (Hezbollah-Lebanon-Iran)

Whether that actually happens, we'll have to see.

Its Hezbollah and Iran who are supporting falling dictator, not Israel. Without foreign support Assad would escape to Venezuela just like Ben Ali did and civil war would be spared.

it already is a civil war, too late.

Syria is a creation of European powers.

and israel? :laugh:

Syria is an ancient phenomenon my dear friend -- just google "Al Sham"

it existed long before anyone was talking about tel aviv or zionist-motivated immigration to the middle east

i dont know their budget; but they are a defensive force not an offensive force per se.
No force without offensive capability can be called an army.

They did manage to defend Southern Lebanon from any major invasion. Aerial threats they couldnt do too much about --- especially when israelis have LGBs and night vision capability (FLIR)
Yet Israel did invade, using only part of its force.

Hezbollah is not fighting in Syria; it's a Lebanese resistance group. So why would they need to capture Syrian territory? I think thus far theyve been cautious not to get embroiled just yet.
I am talking about capturing territory from Israeli army. They are simply unable to conduct any offensive operation.

On the other hand FSA only recently captured two major airfields, dam, 80th brigade position. Today they captured 113th brigade position in Deir ez Zor.

Hezbollah did capture israeli soldiers bro; that's one reason why the war began in the first place!!!
They captured bodies, not alive prisoners.

no they arent......though FSA also does draw some of its senior leadership from defected Syrian army individuals (regulars, officers)
Well FSA uses both offence and defence. Thats army quality. Hezbollah - only static defence.

it already is a civil war, too late.
Its a civil war thanks to help of Iran, Hezbollah, Russia.

and israel? :laugh:
Israel created itself after Europeans left.

Syria is an ancient phenomenon my dear friend -- just google "Al Sham"
Its just geographic term like Balkans or Scandinavia.

I used to support Assad and think that FSA is just a terrorist phenomenon, but when so many people are being slaughtered (~45000) it must be something more. I hope Russia withdraws supporting Assad as any small benefit which may've been gained by supporting him is far outweighed by the damaging effect it has on the relationship with other Arab countries.

I also don't think FSA would be successful against Assad alone. It would only drag the conflict for long and cause more loss of lives. A military intervention by either Jordan, Turkey or Saudi Arabia is necessary to quickly oust him and bring stability.

that's why you could not penetrate Lebanon even for 20 km after 30 day of attacking them with a force 15 time the size of their force and even after ran out of bombs so USA had to ship you NATO reserves in Europe ?

that's why you could not penetrate Lebanon even for 20 km after 30 day of attacking them with a force 15 time the size of their force and even after ran out of bombs so USA had to ship you NATO reserves in Europe ?
Yawn, again same lame propaganda.

1) We penetrated as much as we wanted. Not a single time Hezbollah could stop or even delay our advance.
2) We used only a small part of our force.
3) We did not ran out of any reserves. Bombs were ordered before the war.

^ don't you thing it is unfair to compare a strong military with the latest high tech weapons to a militia which has incompetitant weapons. I mean sure it is totaly natural to for Israel to take out more casualties especially with the air force which Hezbollah cannot really do anything about. The Israeli officers stated that they took out hezbollahs attack capability in the first few days, next thing you know rockets were flying all over Israel. And the only reason Israel stopped the war was because it use consuming billions of dollars and also because of hezbollahs threat to target Tel Aviv.Sure Hezbollah didn't gain a victory (other than the prisoners), But Israel didn't achieve a victory neither, Israel was not able to decapitate Hezbollahs threat. Anyways this is not the subject so I won't go any further with that.

You all Asadis , Fasadis ( FSA) and their backend supporters ( Turkey , Iran, Arabs , Russia and America) carry the weight of excessive pain of many Fathers who had to carry their dead child , many mothers whose happiness and smile have forever been stolen away , many men who are just concerned about putting food on the table of his family and don't gives a shyt who is controlling everything .

All these war of regime control won't benefit people who are only concerned about putting food on the tables of their families and give them best education they can afford for better lives of their kids .

in 5 decades you could not do a shyt about Palestinians , and now are ruining the lives of syrians .

Karma is a Bytch and for all the blood shed by all your rulers , dictators , kings and government , they will pay . If not in this world then in other world . There is someone up above who keep records of all your doings .

7mkVM.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom