What's new

Would you accept a Muslim as your boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure, if Obama was to state that he is Muslim, I doubt he would even have got his first democratic nomination back in 2009. Religious and race prejudice exist.

Well they have done surveys asking this question and 60% of people say they do not give a sh*t. As long as the policies of the person is attractive it would be a non-issue.

You Will not get the Muslim Personality like Muhammad (SAW) than i guarantee you for a Good BOSS which deal you as good as possible as a minority peoples...

you are not getting the point here. if my boss is muslim, it doesnt mean i am in a minority.

if you work in a MNC , for eg lets say citibank in US, you have a muslim boss, but he disappears in the afternoon for prayers and is not available when you need him. do you think he is a good boss or not? btw many muslims do that in secular work places.

Well they have done surveys asking this question and 60% of people say they do not give a sh*t. As long as the policies of the person is attractive it would be a non-issue.

What about the remaining 40%? They are not non issues.

Anyway, I will post the result of the survey once it is complete. The researcher promised me a copy of the report.

What about the remaining 40%? They are not non issues.

The 40% are mostly Republicans who wouldn't vote for anyone who is not a Christian and besides you do not need 100% of the vote to be President, nobody ever gets 100% of the vote.

The 40% are mostly Republicans who wouldn't vote for anyone who is not a Christian and besides you do not need 100% of the vote to be President, nobody ever gets 100% of the vote.

Anyway, I will post the result of the survey once it is complete. The researcher promised me a copy of the report once done.

you are not getting the point here. if my boss is muslim, it doesnt mean i am in a minority.

if you work in a MNC , for eg lets say citibank in US, you have a muslim boss, but he disappears in the afternoon for prayers and is not available when you need him. do you think he is a good boss or not? btw many muslims do that in secular work places.

I have a friend who works in Chase bank in NYC and they let him take prayer breaks, they do not care and he is not even the boss just a teller.

Anyway, I will post the result of the survey once it is complete. The researcher promised me a copy of the report once done.

Alright. :cheesy:

Well to be honest many westerners will be shocked to a see a Muslim in a position of authority. His every move will be scrutinized. If he messes up even a inch the obvious explanation will .... See he is a Muslim

does he compensate lost time by working longer?

No, he gets paid break and each prayer is 5 minutes. His work hours only go into 2 prayers so he only needs 10 minutes and the rest he has 20 minute break for lunch whenever.

As long as one doesnt bring religion into offices. Its not specific to Islam, applicable to all religion. Anyway, in this corporate world, if we see religion as a criterion, nobody would be getting jobs or able to give them.
What the boss looks for is a talent, irrespective of his religion.

As long as the manager has managerial qualities, I would work for him - Having stated that I have seen most Asian managers lack those skills - so I would err on the side of generalizing an Asian manager as lacking the skills and would avoid him/her as boss.

Every one has right of religious duty. if he have order to do this and at in some 10 min you must wait for it. I think this is not hurting you. If he go long and waste time in other work than you can say he is not good. Every pray maximum need time 15 min to do. Now best of luck i see this tread in hurry so a little bit mistake occur while i read the topic. I explain my opinion at National level & Macro levels.. Best of Luck.

A top Brazilian school is conducting a research survey on religious affiliations and boss and subordinate relationship.

The research is specific to Non Muslim countries only, hence doesn't apply to Muslim countries? The specific research question is how: Would you willingly accept a Muslim as your boss if you are a non Muslim? or How much are you comfortable with the idea of working under a Muslim?

Height of stupidity of Brazilian school if they are doing research on this subject :lol:

I have a friend who works in Chase bank in NYC and they let him take prayer breaks, they do not care and he is not even the boss just a teller.

Alright. :cheesy:

Same with my bank as well(will not say which bank) - we have prayer room to be used by everyone and I have a colleague who goes to pray there and we know he would not be available at certain times everyday for few mins. No big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom