What's new

Would you accept a Muslim as your boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:blink:

I've worked for a Christian before; he was a pain in the arse whenever I came late or on giving me leave-from-work, but otherwise why should a person's religion figure in work-context ? Its a work-contract thats signed not a social or political one !

It is a very important question. The survey is conducted by a very respected Brazilian Business School. Religion is an very important parameter by which a person is judged (especially after 09/11). Why do you think that there are few Muslims in top positions or board members in companies while Jews are over represented.

What a lame question. Ofcourse anyone would do as long as the 'manager' keeps his religion a private issue and maintains professionalism.

Religion is more ingrained in our consciousness than we would like to admit

what a stupid survey..

It is not a stupid survey, but would define the work dynamics of work places.

A top Brazilian school is conducting a research survey on religious affiliations and boss and subordinate relationship.

The research is specific to Non Muslim countries only, hence doesn't apply to Muslim countries? The specific research question is how: Would you willingly accept a Muslim as your boss if you are a non Muslim? or How much are you comfortable with the idea of working under a Muslim?

Link please

It is a very important question. The survey is conducted by a very respected Brazilian Business School. Religion is an very important parameter by which a person is judged (especially after 09/11). Why do you think that there are few Muslims in top positions or board members in companies while Jews are over represented.

Because of :

(a) Support Network

(b) Strong educational trend across the society

(c) Being a minority they are a much more mature, well integrated & resilient society !

(d) A strong societal trend towards being business oriented

You'd find the same thing amongst the Parsis, the Agha Khani Ismailis, the Bahais, the Bohras & the Ahmedis.

What it may, however, give an insight into is whether media imagery & rhetoric has managed to create a subtle to a conspicuous disapproval of Muslims in general & religions Muslims in particular even in the workplace. But this trend would not be see in countries like India or Mauritius which have significant Muslim minorities that you can't help but bump into one every other day.

If he pays for wage and under law, any one can be my boss, boss has no relation with religion

I think the survey itself may be loaded....you know, meant to elicit a specific response. Other than that, i dont see any point in conducting one along such ridiculous lines.

Yeah might be true..must have a look at the whole survey before coming to the conclusion..

Is there any on line link to that ?

Stupid survey. If the person is sitting in the boss's chair, he must be a competent person. I don't have any issues working under a competent boss, whatever his religion is.

JEDDAH – Arab countries imported more than $3.6 billion worth of goods from Brazil during the first half of 2012, while Arab exports to Brazil reached nearly $4 billion during the same period, reaffirming the importance of Brazil as a key trade partner of the Arab world.

Must be Nice to be in Brazil where people looking for a job can pick and choose their own bosses cause last i checked its the boss who has the last word.

Why do you think that there are few Muslims in top positions or board members in companies while Jews are over represented.
It Might have something to do with control of the western economy plus

why do u think Jews are over represented in Hollywood then even the majority Christians?

Why do you think that there are few Hindus in top positions or board members in companies while Jews are over represented ?

:blink:

I've worked for a Christian before; he was a pain in the arse whenever I came late or on giving me leave-from-work, but otherwise why should a person's religion figure in work-context ? Its a work-contract thats signed not a social or political one !

See, Bosses are ' expected ' to be a pain in the butt. At least thats how most employees see them. Religion has nothing to do with it.

There's that old joke .. " Bosses look down and see monkeys below while when an employee looks up all he sees is an Arse Hole ' !

@ the subject, I think this is most silly & racist thing to do.

Armies of non muslims are commended by muslim and vice versa.

Where can there be a need for greater leadership skill than in battle ?

Muslim or not, I don't mind any boss even if she's from Mars - as long as she's sexy! :girl_wacko:

Stupid survey. If the person is sitting in the boss's chair, he must be a competent person. I don't have any issues working under a competent boss, whatever his religion is.

No it is not. Let me ask this way. Would Obama have been the president of US if he were a Muslim?

For an Indian having a Muslim boss will never be a problem. For other countries I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom