What's new

With Love, From Turkey

I will be frank in my point of view. I don't like Mustafa Kamal Attaturk not even one bit. But Turkey for me is equally important as is Pakistan I love them equally and if get a chance would love to fight for both. People of Turkey are my brothers they are family and this sentiment is shared by most Pakistanis.

With all respect, Mustafa Kemal Pasha is a source of extreme sensibilities and sensitivities in Turkey. I think no need to go to the myriad of reasons. Especially after the last July 15 coup attempt to capitulate Turkey, many conservative folks have come to the conclusion that no need to touch upon the sensitive subjects which can raise storms in a tea cup. Better to respect each other's sensitive points since the boat, somehow sailing on through a tempest with extremely painstaking efforts to keep the rudder straight, is shared by all.

Now, let me elaborate on a historical anecdote. It was the graduation ceremony at the War College in Istanbul during the reign of Sultan Abdul Hamid (K)Han. Newly graduated staff officers were coming to the dais, saluting the Sultan and receiving their certificates. When Staff Captain Mustafa Kemal reached the dais to salute the Sultan he looked at him and said, "Ahh! You have come at last". From then on the Sultan used to call himself the "Last Sultan". Needless to say it was Mustafa Kemal Pasha who abolished the Saltanat and Hilafet. These are all parts of the Murad-i Ilahi, and let's keep it that way...

As you can see,its not about religion(Ummah bs) people.
There is a bond that cannot be explained.its just there.

I rarely give people "thank you" on posts.
But you got it. :lol:

Ummah died a century ago....yet our brotherly relation still stands....

Zarvan, if all of the Pakistanis convert to ateists over a night, our feelings still wouldn't change.

Well that's a fact, one of the reason of affection is sharing of same religion.
If it not the main reason, then it is one of the factor.
:)

Written by a Pakistani. haha.
I dont think Turkish people know much about Pakistan or Pakistanis to be honest. There isn't a big shared history so they don't really hear about Pakistan at school, may be only a little in the geography class.

Historically, they didn't have much interaction with Pakistanis either (through the Ottoman Empire or any time earlier).

The current rapprochement with Pakistan comes from the realization that Turkey have no regional allies. Other than political ties there are no common ground between people of Turkey and Pakistan.
The only favourable situation we got is Pakistan is a Muslim country, and they respect Pakistan fot that reason.

Haha okay we are exception too.Long Life Pak Turk Friendship.Better now.

@T-123456 @Sinan This guy is a jealous indian false flagger, ignore him.

@Horus @waz @Aether Please remove this ganges critter!

Welcome to #kardesh Pres. Erdogan.
#Hoşgeldin
It was an impressive welcome a 21 gun salute only accorded only to Chinese premier before. Probably shows how much Pakistan value relationship with Turkey and Pres. Erdogan, with Islamabad and Lahore decorated with red flags as well as uv systems. This is the mall road, Lahore decorated for Pres. Erdogan motorcade protocol

I dont think Turkish people know much about Pakistan or Pakistanis to be honest. There isn't a big shared history so they don't really hear about Pakistan at school, may be only a little in the geography class.

Historically, they didn't have much interaction with Pakistanis either (through the Ottoman Empire or any time earlier).

The current rapprochement with Pakistan comes from the realization that Turkey have no regional allies. Other than political ties there are no common ground between people of Turkey and Pakistan.
The only favourable situation we got is Pakistan is a Muslim country, and they respect Pakistan fot that reason.
I share a completely different opinion as I visited Turkey 10 years ago and the first thing I was introduced to were Turks curious to know where i was from. I went with 3 other friends who trace their ancestral heritage to northern Punjab and are much taller and have a lighter skin tone then me who blended in well with the local Turkish population. However my family roots are from south of Pakistan so I stood out as a tourist and many Turks would approache and greet me with merhaba' then in broken English 'where you from'. On replying Pakistan they would smile and shake my hand. This became a regular occurance from policeman, airport workers/ cleaners, taxi drivers, shop vendors, market traders and even the imam of the Blue Mosque once, after evening prayers. The greatest memory I have during my vacation was the last few days a fearsome police guard at Top Kapi museum stopped me from entering the compound as it was closing time, I was disappointed but he had a duty to do and politely told me 'closed'. I was disappointed and walked away with my friends but before I completely left the sight of the guard he asked me 'which country are you from, friend' I replied Pakistan and his response was one to remember, he replied 'jive jive Pakistan' and saluted. That was a great gesture by the guard which I will never forget. From my experience the Turks that I met in Istanbul, ordinary Turks knew about Pakistan and its people. One elderly gentleman even sat with me after Isha Salah outside a beautiful park full of life and families, not forgetting wild cats everywhere sipping his chai and telling me the history of independence of India & Pakistan in 1947 through an interpreter who was his son. Also at time President Musharaf was in power and he was fluent in Turkish as he spent his early years in Ankara and one airport staff worker said 'your musharraf good Turkish speak'. I even came across ordinary Turks who had visited Pakistan for business eapecially in the garment trade. Two Turkish market traders regularly went to Faisalabad and Peahawar to buy garments and cloth. These are my examples just an ordinary chap on holiday to Turkey meeting ordinary Turkish people. Even when you visit Morroco Tunisia Egypt and the local population will know about Pakistani politicians mainly Imran Khan being the most famous. @Selim I

Last edited:

There're plenty of articles like this one written by Turks too.
And you'd be surprised to see how many in Turkey love Pakistan/Pakistanis.

We truly have a special bond with each other... The amount of respect Turks, show for Pakistanis is soo heart warming.. My uncle's family visited Turkey few yrs ago, and they told, how they were warmly greeted anywhere in Turkey, after knowing tht they were Pakistani.... Long live Pak Turk brotherhood... We also plan to visit Turkey, hopefully next year...

My parents visited Turkey in the 90s and said the same thing, where ever they went when the locals found out that they were from Pakistan, they were treated with extra love. My parents still rate Turkey as the best place they have ever visited.

Ummah always was and always will be there. As long as Quran is there and Muslims love for RASOOL SAW is there Ummah will remain alive. For us Turkey is brother due to faith. I am ready to stand and fight and die for Pakistan and Turkey because I consider it religious obligation and most Pakistani think same. The special is also because of the political history we share the Khilafat movement and other things @T-123456

What Ummah are you talking about? Ummah is dead killed by the Arabs themselves, except in the eyes of Pakistanis. Let me prove it to you.

1. According to the Ummah terminology, all Muslims weather Black, White, Brown, Arab or non-Arab are equals, if that was the case then a Pakistani man can go and marry a Saudi girl, right? But no Saudis or any Arab country will give away their daughters to non-Arab Muslims......unless they were off the Caucasian race.

2. Can a Pakistani or any non-Arab Muslim get citizenship of these Arab Ummah countries?

3. When you travel to these Arab countries of the Ummah, are you treated as an equal?

This is the reality of your Ummah.......it died centuries ago

I agree with @T-123456 our love for Turkey started because they are a Muslims but it far exceeds that now

It's great post for me better help before your post i don't know about this just thanks

My parents visited Turkey in the 90s and said the same thing, where ever they went when the locals found out that they were from Pakistan, they were treated with extra love. My parents still rate Turkey as the best place they have ever visited.

What Ummah are you talking about? Ummah is dead killed by the Arabs themselves, except in the eyes of Pakistanis. Let me prove it to you.

1. According to the Ummah terminology, all Muslims weather Black, White, Brown, Arab or non-Arab are equals, if that was the case then a Pakistani man can go and marry a Saudi girl, right? But no Saudis or any Arab country will give away their daughters to non-Arab Muslims......unless they were off the Caucasian race.

2. Can a Pakistani or any non-Arab Muslim get citizenship of these Arab Ummah countries?

3. When you travel to these Arab countries of the Ummah, are you treated as an equal?

This is the reality of your Ummah.......it died centuries ago

I agree with @T-123456 our love for Turkey started because they are a Muslims but it far exceeds that now
Your confusing Ummah with Arab Bedouin nationalism! Big difference from the Arab rulers of today and those Sahabas RA during the time of the noble Prophet PBUH.

Your confusing Ummah with Arab Bedouin nationalism! Big difference from the Arab rulers of today and those Sahabas RA during the time of the noble Prophet PBUH.
Pakistanis are of a Caucasian race. We certainly do not fall into the category of negroid or mongloid groups.

Ummah always was and always will be there. As long as Quran is there and Muslims love for RASOOL SAW is there Ummah will remain alive. For us Turkey is brother due to faith. I am ready to stand and fight and die for Pakistan and Turkey because I consider it religious obligation and most Pakistani think same. The special is also because of the political history we share the Khilafat movement and other things @T-123456
Our great relationship initially might have started out of religious sympathy, but as time goes by our relationship will evolve and encompass much more than common religion alone. Good deeds will always be remembered, and so Pakistan will not be forgotten nor made to be forgotten. Rationally speaking religion is a choice, but remembering and upholding exceptional relationship with the nation/people that helped us in our darkest hour is not a choice, it's a duty that will be passed on, even if Pakistan goes full atheism tomorrow. If religion alone would have sufficed, then through Ummah we all would have perfect relationship with all muslim countries, well, no need to comment more.

Pakistanis are of a Caucasian race. We certainly do not fall into the category of negroid or mongloid groups.

Ok please tell me where can i witness this Ummah?

Secondly today the definition of Caucasian = white-skinned; of European origin, not the 19th century meaning that you are referring to.

Back
Top Bottom