What's new

Will the BNP strike a deal with New Delhi

I can't believe Munhsi posted this considering he's a known anti India rabble rouser! He's now batting for an India-BNP alliance against the West!

Pardon me Munshi, but your slip is showing! Your pro India sentiments don't suit your style. And we are disappointed as there will be lesser 'ROFLs' and 'LOLs' related to your posts!! And I do need a laugh a day to keep the doctor away! :cheesy:

Cheers!

Dude have you read the article properly? :undecided:

I do not agree to what you said in the first part because corruption in any form cannot be supported, and you are here giving some lame excuses. But I completely agree to what you said in the second part.

I am not justifying corruption in anyway. Corruption will always prevail during economic growth and look at countries like south korea, china, even japan. Expecting a government free from corruption would be way too idealistic and unrealistic given the present situation. We as voters have to choose a government which will work for the nation. Hypothetically I don't mind paying Tareque Rahman or even Sheikh Hasina an extra $$ to have a law passed which would bar Indian products to enter the market because it would destroy my own industry. Would you consider that as corruption? You can't really have black and white in corruption and not all corruption is the same.

I do not agree to what you said in the first part because corruption in any form cannot be supported, and you are here giving some lame excuses. But I completely agree to what you said in the second part.

Sir, corruption exists in every society. Even in Japan, underground economy exist.

underground+econ.bmp

http://www.economist.com/node/16784402?story_id=16784402&fsrc=scn/tw/dc/rss/dc

And now we know why Greece is a failed economy :lol:

The point is that corruption shouldn't be so extreme like in Tareq's case. The guy was completely out of control.

Corruption will always be there. It must not interfere with the country's development and order. Being in Thailand for many years, there is corruption. But, they develop fast and there's order. Their police are very corrupt, but they do their jobs to maintain order.

If we look back in 2008 CTG admin, many of them took way too extreme measures against businesses engaged in corruption. This directly interfered with the country's long term economic outlook.

Some economists in Bangladesh say that hit was so hard, that it'll take 20+ years to recover from that hit.

Not to mention that traitor, Moueen.

So, it goes both ways.

@Topic:
Very, very interesting discussion.

By the way Mr. Munshi, I've heard of reports that there are foreign agencies who are working toward making Dr. Yunus the head of state or something like that.

Is there anything new about the matter? I suppose the Indians do not like him much due to his good relations with the US. What's the Chinese view?

1.In 1975 another US Secy Gen, Kissinger, had visited BD ostensibly for parleys with Sheikh Mujib. Putting two into two it seems Kissinger had actually come to give the green signal to mount the coup that ousted Muijb killing him along with family.India, which was providing security for Mujib and his govt, apparently withdrew this for the coup to succeed.

2.We could not fail to note that Hillary did not get down from her aircraft for about 40 mins keeping BD FM and officials waiting on the tarmac.Instead some US officials had entered the aircraft to hold secretive meeting with her. Thereafter, Hillary had let her hair down and moved about as if on a holiday in the tropical sun.

3. Signs are ominous for Hasina & Co.

One person should not be able to make or break a country's future, just like in the old days, when we have a good king, the country survives, when we have a bad one, the country goes down. Why not democratize BNP, each party member should have one vote and should decide on all issues using internet voting. This way the whole party decides on an issue, instead of an individual. Since we do not have internet access for the masses yet, why not have this occupy style democratization and consensus decision making for BNP. This is the kind of reform I would like to see within BNP, so it can empower its lowest workers and become a much more effective and powerful force than what we have today, a show probably run at the whim of a few individuals?

Dude trust me or not, removing India factor from your political scene, BNP and AL are the opposite side of the same coin...If AL is taking support from India...then BNP counts support from Pakistan and China...But as a citizen and well wishers of BD...You guys should think....Is it the right way of political future that you are trying to envison for BD?.....Look at Pakistan...being suffered so much with the armchair rotation ploicy of governace of Nawaz sariff and Bhutto familly...their public is choosing a new icon and new hope with Imran Khan.. In the way Pakistan public is choosing Imran Khan ...This is a good lession for both India and BD....
That we guys has to move our ballot to untested candidate who gives a bright future...Do not keep on voting to BNP with the hope some thing drastic will happen...This will only lead to disappointing.....In India ...inspite of knowing the congress party with dynatic policy ...we the fool Indian people have voted corrupt Congress again...that is why we are bearing the fruit of lacklusture economy and so many other issues...

So if you want to bring a revolution then time has come in both India and BD...Follow the rise of Imran Khan in politics of Pakistan....I believe it is just another signal of change in the horizon....

Sir, corruption exists in every society. Even in Japan, underground economy exist.

underground+econ.bmp

Shadow economies: A lengthening shadow | The Economist

I think you have wrongly equated corruption with underground economy. Underground economy is something whereby private unregistered companies produce goods and services that they do not report to the govt/tax agencies. As a result, they do not pay taxes to the govt. This is how they make money and keeps the govt poor by not paying taxes. Little top level corruption is associated in this kind of businesses. They do not have to pay to Tarque Zia like people.

However, they may not be able to show off this black money. They may purchase fancy luxury goods, they may also keep on investing in their shadow businesses. But, it may hurt them if they want to buy real estate properties. Black money is not really produced by the corruption of the top poiticians.

By the way, the chart you have posted is educational and should better be posted also to the thread below to show the extent of underground economy in a country.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...stimated-data-updated-1-yr.html#ixzz1w3BY2qgD

Dude trust me or not, removing India factor from your political scene, BNP and AL are the opposite side of the same coin...If AL is taking support from India...then BNP counts support from Pakistan and China...But as a citizen and well wishers of BD...You guys should think....Is it the right way of political future that you are trying to envison for BD?.....Look at Pakistan...being suffered so much with the armchair rotation ploicy of governace of Nawaz sariff and Bhutto familly...their public is choosing a new icon and new hope with Imran Khan.. In the way Pakistan public is choosing Imran Khan ...This is a good lession for both India and BD....
That we guys has to move our ballot to untested candidate who gives a bright future...Do not keep on voting to BNP with the hope some thing drastic will happen...This will only lead to disappointing.....In India ...inspite of knowing the congress party with dynatic policy ...we the fool Indian people have voted corrupt Congress again...that is why we are bearing the fruit of lacklusture economy and so many other issues...

So if you want to bring a revolution then time has come in both India and BD...Follow the rise of Imran Khan in politics of Pakistan....I believe it is just another signal of change in the horizon....

You have it the wrong way around. Remove India from the equation and South Asia will be a prosperous region with peace reigning all over.

One person should not be able to make or break a country's future, just like in the old days, when we have a good king, the country survives, when we have a bad one, the country goes down. Why not democratize BNP, each party member should have one vote and should decide on all issues using internet voting. This way the whole party decides on an issue, instead of an individual. Since we do not have internet access for the masses yet, why not have this occupy style democratization and consensus decision making for BNP. This is the kind of reform I would like to see within BNP, so it can empower its lowest workers and become a much more effective and powerful force than what we have today, a show probably run at the whim of a few individuals?

This might take place only in dream. DGFI during interim govt. suggested reform in bal, bnp- like party will be complete democratic one, no family monarchy, party chairman will not chair prime minister ship at the same time. Now army has been dictator. Plz don't suggest anything good for these 2 thugs associations. Two-party politics is suitable only in 1st world, not in 3rd world. Look at india, does their exist any two-party system, people think of national interest 1st and eliminate any from power even if a saint is there. Also, look at USA, UK- how beautifully they are doing with two-party system, this is because they have finalized their national policy long ago, other nation will be pro US, pro UK, they don't need to be so. Our betterment is dormant in kicking out these two parties through fair election without any blood shed, if we want to secure our national interest and prosper.

underground+econ.bmp

Shadow economies: A lengthening shadow | The Economist

The point is that corruption shouldn't be so extreme like in Tareq's case. The guy was completely out of control.

Corruption will always be there. It must not interfere with the country's development and order. Being in Thailand for many years, there is corruption. But, they develop fast and there's order. Their police are very corrupt, but they do their jobs to maintain order.

If we look back in 2008 CTG admin, many of them took way too extreme measures against businesses engaged in corruption. This directly interfered with the country's long term economic outlook.

Some economists in Bangladesh say that hit was so hard, that it'll take 20+ years to recover from that hit.

Not to mention that traitor, Moueen.

So, it goes both ways.

@Topic:
Very, very interesting discussion.

By the way Mr. Munshi, I've heard of reports that there are foreign agencies who are working toward making Dr. Yunus the head of state or something like that.

Is there anything new about the matter? I suppose the Indians do not like him much due to his good relations with the US. What's the Chinese view?

Tareq became a dictator during last bnp tenure. Once I saw that he was misbehaving with a grass root level leader in a conference where all grass root leaders were invited to sit with central bnp leaders.

Corruption in Thailand is no way comparable to ours. Their police maybe corrupt but that does not touch civilian. Above all, that's a nation who regularly pays their standing respect twice at 6am and 6pm with national anthem bugle played every corner of Thailand which no Bangladeshi will even believe.

You can not compare BD with India. Both you Congress and BJP are patriotic and remain united
in major issues concerning the state. You don't have BAL type traitors in your country and India
being a regional bully can not be compared with the politics of BD or PAK. We don't have an
imran khan in BD and on top of that PAK never had a successful democratic period unlike BD. In
BD from 1990-2006 we had a successful democratic period albeit among some kind of Instability
mostly orchestrated by BAL. BAL in this country is known as the party of hartals and a party
that didn't think twice before vandalizing the supreme court for a verdict going against them.
BNP has always been the lesser evil of the two.

I personally like Mirza Fakhrul Islam. He is articulate, honest, educated and a gentleman. Mirza Fakhrul should be made prime minster if BNP led alliance mange to win next election. Tarique Rahman should stay aboard few more years, learn about international politics, get some real education and then come back to Bd for future prime minstership.

Well bro,there can be another possibility like tarek being the shadow PM like sonia ghandi in India.
Mirza fakrul or some other leader can become the PM but Tarek will also retain considerable influence in power. His
corruption charges are yet to be proved in court albeit there have been corruption no doubt but
the volume is blown way out of proportion. Tarek also envisioned some good policies like promotion
of agro-based industries. And the US congressman had a bad impression of him based on
info from none other than Awami dalals. SO who knows things may change. There is no reason for china
to despise him since BNP has always been China friendly. Any way its all mere speculation and
nothing is known yet.

You have it the wrong way around. Remove India from the equation and South Asia will be a prosperous region with peace reigning all over.

I can troll with you if you like...But i am not in a mood today....Just one thing....Simillarly India can wish that remove BD from the equation of NE India...NE will be prosperous....But this is my dream...Some dreams are supposed be for dream only....You guys should go and ask your political parties why they are so dependent on external factors??? Why AL has need a companion of India and BNP need China and Pakistan????....These are the fundamental questions that needs to be asked...If you remove India today...that vaccum will be created by another country...So the issue is not about who is filling up the vaccum rather than why the
why the vaccum is being created so that other countries try to fill it up?....

I know that you have hatred towards India...Mark my words..remove India from equation...then someone definitely fill up the bounty for BD...It may be USA for AL...I can see this is what is happening....That is my India is getting nervous...India never want USA in its backdrop....Even India can allign with BNP for this purpose...Because the presence of USA in India's immidiate neighour has lot of other implications....

You can try removing India but who knows there will be a another bigger monster will fill up the vaccum....So address the root cause ...dont blame the impact or effect of the root cause...Now the choice is yours...

Back
Top Bottom