What's new

Will the BNP strike a deal with New Delhi

Will the BNP ultimately strike a deal with New Delhi to keep Tareque Rahman in politics?

I won't be surprised if that happens. The guy was corrupt to the core.

Although, it's at best a possibility for now.

I fully agree, this current AL government is going nowhere. I simply can't express my anger in words.

Now what is going on with Tareq, why US does not like Tareq, what is their problem with him? Could you please explain in detail.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=201716

BNP might approach India, but India is still going to put its money on AL. Too much risk involved with BNP and too many Chinese and PAkistani dalals in BNP.

AL will return in the next election, by hook or crook. US and Indian objectives are the same in the region, US is in Bangladesh because India brought them in, ditto with Myanmar.

You are trolling...literally!!

I won't be surprised if that happens. The guy was corrupt to the core.

Although, it's at best a possibility for now.

I fully agree, this current AL government is going nowhere. I simply can't express my anger in words.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=201716

You are trolling...literally!!

Thanks for posting the article. I went through it in full. I more or less agree with this version of events. I knew about Hawa Bhaban, as it is not far from my residence in Dhaka. If it was not for Tareq and his idiotic corruptions, RAWamy traitors would not be in power today. Indeed he is a black sheep for his family, specially as a son of Zia, who was of a completely different material. I actually met Tareq a few times at a govt. office many years ago and my gut feeling was that he was not very bright and my instinct was not to get close to him, even though he called me a few times. I never returned his calls. I thought power and limited intelligence is a dangerous combination and it turns out that my gut feeling was correct.

Now, I am not sure how this shows the ability of Khaleda Zia, who could not control her way ward son. How do we know that she will not continue the corruption using somebody new, lets hope she has learned her lessons. That is why we need more democracy within BNP, instead of the autocracy we have now. BNP needs Khaleda Zia, as a figure head, as she represents Zia family and the Brand Zia, but the party should be run by a more capable team, instead of being hostage to the whim of one person.

Interesting times ahead for Bangladesh.

As for US taking orders from India about Bangladesh and Myanmar, keep dreaming delusional Indians.

I think if the BNP made a declaration that Tareque Rahman has retired from politics they have a good chance of coming to power with American approval but if they remain ambiguous about Tareque's future role we could be heading for something else as all parties are now unacceptable to either the masses or the international community or both. We are in a real fix this time .....

Nothing is clear now which way things will be moving. There has been lots of propaganda talk and report to paint picture that is not true. We have to wait little longer to say which way things will move. Until then making conclusion may be bit early.

Considering the very friendly tone of yours it seems you are already trusting a DECEPTIVE India.

I think if the BNP made a declaration that Tareque Rahman has retired from politics they have a good chance of coming to power with American approval but if they remain ambiguous about Tareque's future role we could be heading for something else as all parties are now unacceptable to either the masses or the international community or both. We are in a real fix this time .....

Tarek Zia will be the next prime minister if BNP comes...mark my words!

Tarek Zia will be the next prime minister if BNP comes...mark my words!

Then he will just be another stooge of the Indians as he is totally unacceptable to the West. I am not entirely clear why they dislike him so much but they are definitely against his comeback. Apparently the Chinese don't want him either.

Since the AL is clearly a gone case the Indians either have to hedge their bets with the BNP or some form of military takeover. I think they would prefer the BNP.

Then he will just be another stooge of the Indians as he is totally unacceptable to the West. I am not entirely clear why they dislike him so much but they are definitely against his comeback. Apparently the Chinese don't want him either.

Since the AL is clearly a gone case the Indians either have to hedge their bets with the BNP or some form of military takeover. I think they would prefer the BNP.

Are there anyone left in Bangladesh who is not and Indian stooge.

No such thing as 'unacceptable' in politics; its all negotiation and diplomacy. If Tarek Zia was unacceptable to the west he wouldnt have been allowed to live in the UK. The same UK that helped create RAB. Most of the news in the media about tarek zia is nothing but propaganda. Tarek Zia will be part of BNP whether anyone likes it or not and BNP will most likely form the next government in Bangladesh. Awami League's reputation has been totally broken this term.

There also hasn't been any proof that khaleda Zia made a back hand deal with India, its all a guessing game and a wild goose chase at the current moment.

No such thing as 'unacceptable' in politics; its all negotiation and diplomacy. If Tarek Zia was unacceptable to the west he wouldnt have been allowed to live in the UK. The same UK that helped create RAB. Most of the news in the media about tarek zia is nothing but propaganda. Tarek Zia will be part of BNP whether anyone likes it or not and BNP will most likely form the next government in Bangladesh. Awami League's reputation has been totally broken this term.

There also hasn't been any proof that khaleda Zia made a back hand deal with India, its all a guessing game and a wild goose chase at the current moment.

A wild goose chase perpetrated by The Economist. This should indicate something.

But don't hold your breath for a Tareque comeback. He is the only thing holding back the BNP from coming to power. KZ's speech in Gazipur was interesting. At the time I didn't think anything of it but connected to other information it could mean everything.

Sorry, I don't think you will be able to make a good stooge.

I'll take that as a compliment ......

What is clear is that the Indians have started the process of hedging their bets amongst the various contenders for power in Bangladesh. I merely explored their options.

There is a reason why the US/West and China don't like him. My guess is that it is because he has proven himself to be an idiot of the first order, without any doubt whatsoever. And there is a saying that it is better to have an intelligent enemy than a stupid friend. As I said before power and lack of intelligence is a very dangerous combination, so I guess the dislike for Tareq. But then delusional Indians being short-sighted themselves who have had the grand strategy of shooting at their feet by messing with us with the creation of RAWamy League, want to find another idiot Mujib, that is why Tareq is a perfect candidate for them.

And I don't know Munshi Bhai well, but I would prefer him over any other candidate, if he was to run for PM to keep us safely away from Indian interference. I still think it is better to have KZ as PM, why not Munshi Bhai become a special adviser to KZ as the next PM.

Thanks for posting the article. I went through it in full. I more or less agree with this version of events. I knew about Hawa Bhaban, as it is not far from my residence in Dhaka. If it was not for Tareq and his idiotic corruptions, RAWamy traitors would not be in power today. Indeed he is a black sheep for his family, specially as a son of Zia, who was of a completely different material. I actually met Tareq a few times at a govt. office many years ago and my gut feeling was that he was not very bright and my instinct was not to get close to him, even though he called me a few times. I never returned his calls. I thought power and limited intelligence is a dangerous combination and it turns out that my gut feeling was correct.

Now, I am not sure how this shows the ability of Khaleda Zia, who could not control her way ward son. How do we know that she will not continue the corruption using somebody new, lets hope she has learned her lessons. That is why we need more democracy within BNP, instead of the autocracy we have now. BNP needs Khaleda Zia, as a figure head, as she represents Zia family and the Brand Zia, but the party should be run by a more capable team, instead of being hostage to the whim of one person.

Interesting times ahead for Bangladesh.

As for US taking orders from India about Bangladesh and Myanmar, keep dreaming delusional Indians.

Both sons of Zia need to be DNA tested, most dynamic Banglaee's sons are most corrupt, drugged, scoundrel :undecided: .

Back
Top Bottom