What's new

Will india build its own defence equipments?

Mattadwell

New Recruit

Reaction score
India is one of the top defence countries in the world, but all other nations in the top are having their own defence systems, equipments and vehicles.. India always depends on foreign equipments like russia,israel,US and other countries.. why does india lacks developing its own defense needs?

brother,
We do make our own goods and you yoursef know that. We do export our goods,supply engines etc. Then
Why this?

i think india is late as compared to other countries in terms of manufacturing its own defense equipment but they are catching on fast. i think they got late cause they were emphasizing on there economy which is the right approach. it seems they are going on with a vision and goal unlike us whose leadership worries about hanging on to the power only and grab as much money as they can before they are thrown out of power.

India was one of the poorest countries to start with. After the independence there was a huge shortfall of food grains. We had to mortgage our gold to import wheat from US. How could we have spent on RnD ?

Contrast the situation with present. Not a day goes by when a foreign defence contractor offers us something since we have the pockets for it. ( Although they provide what we have already developed is a different issue )

With more and more push towards indigenous manufacturing, "own" production will pick up soon.

India is one of the top defence countries in the world, but all other nations in the top are having their own defence systems, equipments and vehicles.. India always depends on foreign equipments like russia,israel,US and other countries.. why does india lacks developing its own defense needs?

Are you kidding or what? What more defence equipments one can build apart from this?

1) Aircraft carrier
2) Nuclear submarine
3) SLBM
4) ICBM
5) Ballistic missile defence
6) Stealth frigates and destroyers
7) Military satellites
8) Satellite navigation
9) Future soldier system
10) AWACS
11) Next generation EW systems
12) Torpedos, sonars
13) Laser weapons
14) small, medium, large AESA

What do you need? :confused:

Next we need to build this may be?
Rom1.jpg

You gotta be kidding me!! India isn't building it's own equipments?:rofl: I guess you need to come out of your dreamy world.

We are building our own equipments for quite long time.. Outside people always tend to see a delayed LCA project only. But there are lots of other programmes as well.

Will india build its own defence equipments?
WTF is this question all about ??? I mean even pakistan is producing a couple of defence equipments....you should specify some specific field....

Are you kidding or what? What more defence equipments one can build apart from this?

1) Aircraft carrier
2) Nuclear submarine
3) SLBM
4) ICBM
5) Ballistic missile defence
6) Stealth frigates and destroyers
7) Military satellites
8) Satellite navigation
9) Future soldier system
10) AWACS
11) Next generation EW systems
12) Torpedos, sonars
13) Laser weapons
14) small, medium, large AESA

What do you need?
You forgot Cruise missiles like Brahmos and the up-coming Nirbhay crusie missile.
Various kinds of defence systems and SAMS
BVR and ATGM
Various kinds of Radars
Fighter jet both airforce version and naval version.
MBTs
Various kinds of helicopters like LCH, LUH, Dhruv, IMRH
MALE and HALE UAVs
Various kinds of mini and micro UAVs
Self propelled Howitzer
Unmanned Ground Robotic Vehicles

Proposed and Ongoing Project :
Two 5th gen fighter projects
One UCAV
Future MBT
Future ICV
Indigenous SSN
Indigenous SSK
LPDs
Howitzer

Why are we even bothering to answer him?
He can do his bit of searching from net, sooner or later this thread will be a flame thread. :disagree: :flame:

After yesterday's semi final i was expecting the flood of this type of threads.

Doubt it.

Hindia does not have that sort of confidence in itself, which isn't their fault. Some countries; like China, does NOT like to be dependent on others and will do whatever to break away from any external shackles. However, in Hindia it is much the opposite. ******** take pride in importing hi-tech weapons from the west.

It's like, why should I learn to cook when I can order food? China is different in that it is determined to learn how to cook, the food might taste bad in the beginning, but you learn from it. And that is the main difference.

Doubt it.

Hindia does not have that sort of confidence in itself, which isn't their fault. Some countries; like China, does NOT like to be dependent on others and will do whatever to break away from any external shackles. However, in Hindia it is much the opposite. ******** take pride in importing hi-tech weapons from the west.

It's like, why should I learn to cook when I can order food? China is different in that it is determined to learn how to cook, the food might taste bad in the beginning, but you learn from it. And that is the main difference.

Correction .. It is India not Hindia..
And till last year China was the top importer of weapon systems.It took a lot of time for China to come at this place where it is ..
India is on a similiar trajectory .. just 10 years back

Doubt it.

We don't like to steal others tech and make them own.
And we are getting the best technologies from all over the world coming towards us and in return learning from them,while China isn't getting the world's best tech to learn from,you are building your own a technical base that isn't the best,while India is importing tech from all over the world and thus learning from it,therefore we have a much secured future.

Think deeply!,who's getting better tech,India or China..

Back
Top Bottom