What's new

Why your next new car will be Made In China: More Chinese-built cars sold in Australia than Korean or German vehicles

Whoever controls battery supply chain controls EVs.

爆发性增长的原因呢?2021年九月份比亚迪的月销量是七万,今年九月是二十万,难道就在一年内中国人突然变得"brand loyalty×2"了吗?
你到现在还咬死比亚迪只是靠价格吗?
Really explosive growth, skyrocketing

BYD’s monthly auto sales in Sept. 2022 surpass 200,000 units for first time, overtaking Tesla
6380068555959510254561579.JPG

Last edited:
爆发性增长的原因呢?2021年九月份比亚迪的月销量是七万,今年九月是二十万,难道就在一年内中国人突然变得"brand loyalty×2"了吗?
你到现在还咬死比亚迪只是靠价格吗?
Do you even know what is brand loyalty?

Another issue is, do Chinese even have a choice? With overseas brand like Tesla quoting 2 to 3 sometime 4 years before they can delivery their vehicle, and then that's before the chip shortage, and the shipment stopped due to COVID quarantine. That's mostly the reason why BYD hiked twice the sale in China to begin with.

Again, my point is, YOU CANNOT COMPARE WHAT HAPPENED IN CHINA TO OVERSEAS. It's different here in Australia, we have several brands we can choose from, and there is no brand loyalty for Chinese car here, we can literally choose from any car. Is that really that hard to understand??

Do you even know what is brand loyalty?

Another issue is, do Chinese even have a choice? With overseas brand like Tesla quoting 2 to 3 sometime 4 years before they can delivery their vehicle, and then that's before the chip shortage, and the shipment stopped due to COVID quarantine. That's mostly the reason why BYD hiked twice the sale in China to begin with.

Again, my point is, YOU CANNOT COMPARE WHAT HAPPENED IN CHINA TO OVERSEAS. It's different here in Australia, we have several brands we can choose from, and there is no brand loyalty for Chinese car here, we can literally choose from any car. Is that really that hard to understand??
呵呵,一副自认为了解中国市场其实是骨子里的偏见的样子真是有点尴尬了,哦哦哦,原来比亚迪的销量暴涨是因为特斯拉不交车...
应该更新一下你的信息了,特斯拉中国交车是按周来算的,比亚迪交车时间比特斯拉久的多哦,你的话完全不成立哦.

呵呵,一副自认为了解中国市场其实是骨子里的偏见的样子真是有点尴尬了,哦哦哦,原来比亚迪的销量暴涨是因为特斯拉不交车...
应该更新一下你的信息了,特斯拉中国交车是按周来算的,比亚迪交车时间比特斯拉久的多哦,你的话完全不成立哦.
I did not say I know how Chinese market work, I said you don't know how Overseas market work.....

I am going to say this one final time. Whatever you think work in China for BYD probably are not going to work in Australia or US or Germany or any place not China, how hard is it to understand Chinese market usually prefer Chinese own brand one way or another, be it price, quality or simple national patriotism, unless Chinese buyer developed some Brand Loyalty to other brand (like Ferrari or BMW) otherwise the default is ALWAYS going to be China, in China.

I did not say I know how Chinese market work, I said you don't know how Overseas market work.....

I am going to say this one final time. Whatever you think work in China for BYD probably are not going to work in Australia or US or Germany or any place not China, how hard is it to understand Chinese market usually prefer Chinese own brand one way or another, be it price, quality or simple national patriotism, unless Chinese buyer developed some Brand Loyalty to other brand (like Ferrari or BMW) otherwise the default is ALWAYS going to be China, in China.
With overseas brand like Tesla quoting 2 to 3 sometime 4 years before they can delivery their vehicle, and then that's before the chip shortage, and the shipment stopped due to COVID quarantine. That's mostly the reason why BYD hiked twice the sale in China to begin with.
Explained the bold part first, I can tell you it doesnt take them years to deliver but weeks(, so your assumption was invalid.

Last edited:
Explained the bold part first, I can tell you it doesnt take them years to deliver but weeks, so your assumption was invalid.
Lol, weeks? When is it? 5 years ago?

If I buy a Model 3 now, in Australia, I will have to wait 12 months for it to deliver to me.

Other models have a longer waiting list

Bear in mind, Australia do not have entrant restriction like they are in China, now, unless you are saying Tesla prefer Chinese market (which I very much doubt) so they prioritise their delivery in China first, then they would have been waiting for a Tesla for at least a year. Maybe more.

And yes, you cannot expect the buying pattern in Australia or US or Germany would be the same than in China, that's two different countries, you have to be a lot better than the local automotive industry to be consider buying from overseas, that's why you don't see regular range BMW (series 1 or i3) sell great outside Europe.

Last edited:
https://www.reuters.com/business/au...-model-y-deliveries-china-website-2022-09-07/

At least its not years according to you, maybe you forgot there is a tesla plant in Shanghai, thats why?
According to Tesla own website - AU version

Tesla.jpg

And tesla have it's own Gigafactory in the US along with the headquarter and such. This is their delivery time

Tesla US.jpg

So you are saying a US Car company having one of the biggest car factory in the US can only deliver a car up to 3 months in US, and they can deliver a Tesla for less than a week in China? Well.......maybe you are right? I don't know. I don't live in China.

So you are saying, in this down turn, Australia buy 160,000 cars in a month?? 1/4 of the the combine of previous 6 months?? I found that hard to believe.

By the way, Half Yearly almost always means Jan 1 - June 30, which is basically Jan - July, and Australia cutoff date are July 1 because that is the day your tax was charged. We call it "END OF FINANCIAL YEAR" So, no, if people say First six month (ie Jan 1 to June 30) would have been the same as saying from Jan to July, which would have seen 715,000 new car cars sold.

Secondly, Chinese car are "CHEAP" as in the correspondent category. For example, a MG Z2 2022 model will set you back $45,960, while a Hyundai Ioniq Will set you back $55,990. A 2022 Tesla Model 3 will set you back $74995

Of course, if you compare EV to traditional internal combustion engine vehicle, then, there are no comparsion, you compare EV to EV, ICE to ICE.

And lol, richer neighborhood drive BMW i8 or Porsche or even Ferrari. Nobody in upscale suburb (North Sydney, Double Bay and all) will be caught with a BYD or MG......Don't be daft. Again, I am going downtown to the airport next Tuesday I am going to post that trip online. we can see then.

And I don't know what to tell you, except maybe your "list" is wrong, because 46000 USD = around 70,000 AUD. There are no way Chinese car on average sold for $70,000, As I quoted, I can walk off a dealer with a MG ZS from 44990 and that's from MG dealer too. And I am showing you Chinese car price in Australia.

MG - https://mgmotor.com.au/models/mg-zsev/

Chery - https://www.drive.com.au/news/electric-2023-chery-omoda-5-for-australia/

BYD https://bydautomotive.com.au/config...l5f9kcHfZLlqpgUhr2lIeNFTT0Mw6HeMr?ref=website

Haval - https://www.blacktowncitygwmhaval.com.au/stock/all-cars-for-sale/Haval

I don't see any car from all these dealer selling over 50,000 per. Unless this is some kind of scam and you really have to pay 70,000 for a Chinese car even tho those dealer have an asking price of 45,000-49,000. I mean, I am not about to find out. You can if you want to come here and try it.
Don't you know that export data can't be fabricated? Because the importing country has the same data that can be verified.

It is not that I use new energy vehicles to compare internal combustion engine vehicles, but that there are no new energy vehicles in your videos. You should go to more affluent communities, communities that can afford new energy vehicles.

Tesla is more of a Chinese company than US, the whole Tesla manufacturing supply chain is in China

Tesla's Transformation Into A Chinese Company Seems Unstoppable​

According to Tesla own website - AU version

View attachment 885323

And tesla have it's own Gigafactory in the US along with the headquarter and such. This is their delivery time

View attachment 885324

So you are saying a US Car company having one of the biggest car factory in the US can only deliver a car up to 3 months in US, and they can deliver a Tesla for less than a week in China? Well.......maybe you are right? I don't know. I don't live in China.
If you can spend a few seconds and click on the top right corner and choose China mainland and you will see estimated delivery time 4-8 weeks. :)

Screenshot_20221008_014148_edit_26843893287570.jpg

All these beside fast charging and battery swap are tangible measurement, other are just opinion. I mean, how do you measure which "finishing" is better, and what sound proof have to do with cars anyway?? "Oh, I am not going to buy a Tesla 3 because I can hear music from outside the car when window is up??"

On the other hand, Tesla 3 can supercharge to 100% in 63 minutes. And if you want to swap battery (Which I don't understand why you need to, to begin with) you can by Model Y for it.

I think you are in denial...

Regarding, the outside noise can be easily heard inside Tesla 3 while even Xpeng P7 has better sound proof than Tesla 3.

Back
Top Bottom