What's new

Why your next new car will be Made In China: More Chinese-built cars sold in Australia than Korean or German vehicles

We as consumers must boycott chinese products until they change their mind. Buy Vietnam or Asean products.
Good luck.

微信图片_20221006215453.png

Not sure which decade you are talking about but there's no more Holdens. Ford shut down their Geelong plant years ago. The Holden Vs Ford love affair is long over. Both are doomed. It's still early days for Chinease but MG & Haval are doing well. Go to canberra you will see most Highway Petrol cars are MG.
There are still a lot of new holden and ford, just not made in Australia. Also, as I said, a lot of Aussie still buy second hand Holden and Ford. You are naive to say "Holden v Ford" is long over.

Nowadays as the performance drive article suggest, it's mostly Toyota this day if we talk about new car,

On the other hand, MG did have a lot of boosted sale, but then it still far from the other hot brand You are talking about less than 40,000 new sale for MG vs more than 200,000 new sale of Toyota. And as I explained, most people don't know MG are Chinese brand anyway, they think they are still British.

And I will say if you come to NSW, you will see Mitsubishi and Kia is all around, so what's the point?

He is a bot working for American, pretend to live in Australia. All his words are lies and full of misleading to paint USA in good picture.
Speak for yourself.

This is a video I took just this morning from my daily travel between Seven Hills (Near my home) and Blacktown Westpoint Shopping Center, it's a 8 minutes drive in one of the poorest suburb in Sydney, I would have just took route 630 bus on a normal day, and I jump in my wife car and record this for you

Blacktown is one of the poorest suburb in Sydney, which is the most likely you will see a Chinese car on the road, I am doing this during the rush hour. Can you count how many Chinese Car you can pick up on the road?

I will do another car travel next week to pick up someone on the Airport and I will drove to Tempe, that's a 40km drive, I WILL post the footage next Tuesday, we can see how many Chinese car on the road to the City Central then.

Chinese support Russia war against Ukraine. They support separatists. They support deaths and destruction. We as consumers must boycott chinese products until they change their mind. Buy Vietnam or Asean products.
About Vinfast, it’s a new comer. Will take some time.
Lol, old man, how are u lately

There are still a lot of new holden and ford, just not made in Australia. Also, as I said, a lot of Aussie still buy second hand Holden and Ford. You are naive to say "Holden v Ford" is long over.

Nowadays as the performance drive article suggest, it's mostly Toyota this day if we talk about new car,

On the other hand, MG did have a lot of boosted sale, but then it still far from the other hot brand You are talking about less than 40,000 new sale for MG vs more than 200,000 new sale of Toyota. And as I explained, most people don't know MG are Chinese brand anyway, they think they are still British.

And I will say if you come to NSW, you will see Mitsubishi and Kia is all around, so what's the point?
We are not discussing second hand. Those car will swap hands until end of life. Holden Brand is gone, I don't know what new models they are offering. Ford ute is doing ok but apart from that no new sedan models such as falcon or mondeo are making headlines. Korean/Japanease brands are doing good because they are established and have a wide range of cars. MG only started 4-5 years ago. It doesnot have wide range of cars yet, just hatch-back and SUVs. Look around in Sydney you will see fair amount of MGs & Haval. Their sales got boost due high price second hand cars. Basic MG ZS was only 21K with 7 years unlimited Kms warranty. Why would some one in their right mind buy an expensive second hand SUV when they can buy a brand new for less. The point is they are on the rise & you can't negate their presence.

We are not discussing second hand. Those car will swap hands until end of life. Holden Brand is gone, I don't know what new models they are offering. Ford ute is doing ok but apart from that no new sedan models such as falcon or mondeo are making headlines. Korean/Japanease brands are doing good because they are established and have a wide range of cars. MG only started 4-5 years ago. It doesnot have wide range of cars yet, just hatch-back and SUVs. Look around in Sydney you will see fair amount of MGs & Haval. Their sales got boost due high price second hand cars. Basic MG ZS was only 21K with 7 years unlimited Kms warranty. Why would some one in their right mind buy an expensive second hand SUV when they can buy a brand new for less. The point is they are on the rise & you can't negate their presence.
Holden still have rebranded Chevy car. Bear in mind holden is a GM subsidary, they are still selling GM branded car even if they don't make holden in Australia anymore.

Also, MG does not just start 4 to 5 years ago, not counting the old MG brand (the one that start in 1920), the MG brand we have today had started since 2010 in Australia. Which is 12 years ago. MG Brand were acquired by SAIC in 2006 by the way. Even with @beijingwalker own list at his own post, it stated MG start selling in 2010,

As ever, the numbers tell the story. Here are the April year-to-date figures for new motor vehicles from China:
  • 2022: 32,444
  • 2021: 20,909
  • 2020: 6576
  • 2019: 4480
  • 2018: 2445
  • 2017: 1396
  • 2016: 836
  • 2015: 760
  • 2014: 1467
  • 2013: 2756
  • 2012: 4240
  • 2011: 2749
  • 2010: 1816
And again, even in 2021 with almost 50% boost, there are less than 40,000 sale of MG car, Havel was even less, how does that make it "Fair Amount" on Sydney Street with 10 million cars seen daily. Unless you have a VERY LOOSE definition of "Fair Amount". I travel quite a lot because I live in Blacktown, and I used to work at Goulburn NSW Police academy (2 hours' drive one way) until they move that to Western Sydney Uni. I used to drive 4 hours every day and I didn't see that much Chinese Car, as I said, maybe I saw one very 500+ car I see, does that make it "Fair Amount"?

OTOH I made this trip on a rush hour between Seven Hills and Blacktown, how many Chinese car can you see?

The point is not whether they are on the rise, there are cars and there are always people buying up and down, I mean as you said, look at Holden, they used to top Australian car sale up to maybe 2000, where did they go now? The point is whether or not the Chinese car was made to the standard and quality to the Japanese, or Korean or European car so people will consider them without looking at their value, it's not mobile phone market, people want a car they don't necessarily go with the cheapest option, unless Chinese brand car can shake this image, it's always going to be just in their own corner.

And finally, do you know how big is secondhand car market? It's like 4 or 5 times bigger than New Car market, which mean what is your next ride should be looking at the trend of secondhand cars, not new cars, because I won't necessarily buy a new car as my next car.

Last edited:
The way things are going I won't be surprised one day any thing you touch or use will be made in China. They already call Walmart little China.

Holden still have rebranded Chevy car. Bear in mind holden is a GM subsidary, they are still selling GM branded car even if they don't make holden in Australia anymore.

Also, MG does not just start 4 to 5 years ago, not counting the old MG brand (the one that start in 1920), the MG brand we have today had started since 2010 in Australia. Which is 12 years ago. MG Brand were acquired by SAIC in 2006 by the way. Even with @beijingwalker own list at his own post, it stated MG start selling in 2010,

And again, even in 2021 with almost 50% boost, there are less than 40,000 sale of MG car, Havel was even less, how does that make it "Fair Amount" on Sydney Street with 10 million cars seen daily. Unless you have a VERY LOOSE definition of "Fair Amount". I travel quite a lot because I live in Blacktown, and I used to work at Goulburn NSW Police academy (2 hours' drive one way) until they move that to Western Sydney Uni. I used to drive 4 hours every day and I didn't see that much Chinese Car, as I said, maybe I saw one very 500+ car I see, does that make it "Fair Amount"?

OTOH I made this trip on a rush hour between Seven Hills and Blacktown, how many Chinese car can you see?

The point is not whether they are on the rise, there are cars and there are always people buying up and down, I mean as you said, look at Holden, they used to top Australian car sale up to maybe 2000, where did they go now? The point is whether or not the Chinese car was made to the standard and quality to the Japanese, or Korean or European car so people will consider them without looking at their value, it's not mobile phone market, people want a car they don't necessarily go with the cheapest option, unless Chinese brand car can shake this image, it's always going to be just in their own corner.

And finally, do you know how big is secondhand car market? It's like 4 or 5 times bigger than New Car market, which mean what is your next ride should be looking at the trend of secondhand cars, not new cars, because I won't necessarily buy a new car as my next car.
不知道你怎么看比亚迪的崛起,如果你有听说过的话,很多事是在你不知道或者不愿意去了解的地方发生的.

Chinese support Russia war against Ukraine. They support separatists. They support deaths and destruction. We as consumers must boycott chinese products until they change their mind. Buy Vietnam or Asean products.
About Vinfast, it’s a new comer. Will take some time.
What shitty products can your country make to replace Chinese made, keep halucinating.

不知道你怎么看比亚迪的崛起,如果你有听说过的话,很多事是在你不知道或者不愿意去了解的地方发生的.
I am well aware of BYD. By the way BYD weren't really that big outside China, I mean they are not at Telsa Level if you discounted the Chinese market. Other than SIXT order, their present weren't at all good in Europe. On the other hand,Hertz brought 175,000 GM EV at the same time.

EV is the way to go for future Rental Car market because EU start replacing combustion engine car with EV, different company go with different brand, and looking at SIXT ordered Atto 3, which is the cheapest of the BYD range in Europe, cost concern probably being put on priority, most car rental company did that, because they don't own their car for everyday ride, they own their car to make profits.

Problem is, what you do not understand is the general sentiment toward Chinese car. And that remain unchanged in most Western Country. that's why Chinese Car market overseas is not really understand car culture in rest of the world. There are no brand loyalty for Chinese brand in the West, which mean you have to be on the standard with the western car if you want to break into Western market, price is not really a concern for most people.

Last edited:

BYD helps create first 100% electric bus fleet for U.S. school district

October 2, 2022 | by Bus & Motorcoach News |

BYD (Build Your Dreams) is partnering with a California school district to create the first U.S. school district with a 100% zero-emissions bus fleet.

The deal with Los Olivos Elementary School District will bring a BYD Type A electric school bus, “The Achiever,” to students in Santa Barbara County.

BYD.jpeg

BYD Type A electric school bus
Members of the Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation (SMART) Workers Union, Local 105, will perform the final assembly of the bus at BYD’s manufacturing facility in Lancaster, California.

“Since we began this process, our goal was to be the first school district in the Santa Ynez Valley to have a fleet that could serve our students and our community. And, through this partnership, we have accomplished just that,” said Ray Vazquez, Superintendent/Principal of Los Olivos Elementary School District, in a statement. “Our electric buses will provide cleaner transportation and benefit our community by decreasing our carbon footprint. On behalf of the Los Olivos school district and the community, we are thrilled to partner with BYD.”

An important milestone

BYD Senior Vice President of Operations Patrick Duan said the purchase marks an important milestone in the community.

“BYD’s innovative and safe battery technology will not only bring the students of Los Olivos to school in style, but will also provide comfort to their parents, who can expect safety, reliability and long-lasting performance from the BYD Achiever Type A school bus.”

Los Olivos parent and volunteer Kathryn Rohrer praised the partnership.

“We are deeply grateful to BYD’s school bus team for their encouragement and genuine enthusiasm for our little school district’s giant dream of investing in a healthier future by going electric,” she said. “This is an incredible opportunity to share with our students, and our neighbors throughout the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, that even the smallest among us can help advance the goals of sustainable infrastructure and environmental justice.”

Achieving sustainability goals

ChargePoint, a leading electric vehicle charging network, will provide charging infrastructure to Los Olivos Elementary School District for the Type A school bus.

“Through our partnership with BYD, we are delivering a turnkey solution to school districts looking to achieve their sustainability goals through electrifying their bus fleets,” said Rich Mohr, Vice President, Fleet Solutions, at ChargePoint.

“Forward-thinking districts like Los Olivos are making a positive impact within their community by implementing the infrastructure required to support electrification,” Mohr said. “With this project, not only has Los Olivos electrified the school bus fleet, but it has also expanded the charging network into the workplace, providing public vehicle charging for staff and visitors.”

What shitty products can your country make to replace Chinese made, keep halucinating.
The message is more important, that is the goal my friend. Europe don’t buy any Russian products. trades must be reduced to hostile countries as China, Iran. It can’t be you make big profits while others people suffer.

Back
Top Bottom