What's new

Why Tejas were not deployed on 26/27th LoC skirmish

Ra's al Ghul

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Indian members said its a 4+ Gen fighter, better than JF-17, so my question is where were tejas during 26/27th skirmish with PAF. shouldnt IAF deployed its 4+ Gen fighter aircraft knowing JF-17s are no match against tejas, why they need to send their 44 years old Migs as interceptor, it should be tejas role to counter JF-17s and F-16s.
all i heard from indian member that it has only one squadron which is deployed far from border in peace time somewhere near bangladeshi border, so they didnt have time to deployed it on time. seems like a lame excuse.
even if it has one squadron, its a 4+ Gen fighter, it should be deployed near LoC, if not on 27th, than IAF should deploy it now, its better than 44 year old Migs, or its the other way around ?

India is a caste based society!!! If you're at the lower tier too bad!!! You have to do all the menial jobs...

If you want to go to the upper tiers you've to die after leading a life pleasing the upper tiers!!! No wonder IAF Mig-21s don't mind dying enthusuastically by tons....

Last edited:
Indian members said its a 4+ Gen fighter, better than JF-17, so my question is where were tejas during 26/27th skirmish with PAF. shouldnt IAF deployed its 4+ Gen fighter aircraft knowing JF-17s are no match against tejas, why they need to send their 44 years old Migs as interceptor, it should be tejas role to counter JF-17s and F-16s.
all i heard from indian member that it has only one squadron which is deployed far from border in peace time somewhere near bangladeshi border, so they didnt have time to deployed it on time. seems like a lame excuse.
even if it has one squadron, its a 4+ Gen fighter, it should be deployed near LoC, if not on 27th, than IAF should deploy it now, its better than 44 year old Migs, or its the other way around ?
I read somewhere that more half the units of tejas deployed are just prototypes.

It cant even compete with MiG-21's ; the most action its ever seen is when the truck driver transporting it went near the border once.

I read somewhere that more half the units of tejas deployed are just prototypes.

what ? what the hell ? what kind of Airforce in the world raised the whole squadron on based on prototypes and called it an actual combat aircraft fighter ?

well this is a serious issue for IAF or indian members that they cant deploy their 4+ Gen fighter in actual combat. looks like no one ask in india about tejas ?

This thread become troll feast and flame baiting, so why you started this useless thread every one know Currently Tejas are in low in numbers, recently they get sqrn level, @Ra's al Ghul
@waz @The Eagle @Horus please close this useless tread thanks

Sorry i didnt have any intention for trolling. but it was a genuine question. i havent seen one thread about it since last feb. no one mention tejas in 27th feb skirmish.

I wanted them loose 20 rather than 2??

they sent their best aircraft first SU-30 MKi. when both of them got detected and 1 got destroyed without being able to fire at pakistani jets because of its RCS and size.. the thought the smallest plane the MIG 21 having smallest RCS would be able to get close enough to pakistani jets by hugging terrain they sent 2nd best option the MIg 21 with their best trained Pilot and best squardron of interceptors.. guess that tactic blew up in their face too.

tejas has bigger Rc's and size than the Mig 21 so they didn't try that. Until India has 100 km+ ranged missiles they wont try anything till that day.. and when they do get 100 or 150+ km missiles there is an even bigger surprise waiting them in the battle skies.

tejas needs time.. its 5+ years away from being front line fighter.

Did somebody wake up from Coma? Tejas squadron has only 14 right now and they achieved FOC only this Feb, 2019 just weeks before the skirmish. The first 20 aircrafts will be in IOC configuration will be upgraded to FOC soon. Moreover it takes time to design war tactics for IAF pilots and takes time to know its strength and weaknesses. It perhaps wont see any CAP before 2022-23.
Even Rafales inducted now wont see any CAP before atleast 2023.

Back
Top Bottom