What's new

HAL pegs price of Tejas fighter at Rs 162 crore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GORKHALI

JF-17s are built according to the schedule PAF has given to PAC for replacing their jets, in regards to flight hours.

We can't build them and put them in storage. The program has delivered what we asked of it.

@GORKHALI

JF-17s are built according to the schedule PAF has given to PAC for replacing their jets, in regards to flight hours.

We can't build them and put them in storage. The program has delivered what we asked of it.

Is it also possible that older aircraft are not being retired because the newer aircraft are yet to come? I can think of the IAF Mig21 as one example.

Is it also possible that older aircraft are not being retired because the newer aircraft are yet to come? I can think of the IAF Mig21 as one example.

What they are doing is to follow a set trajectory.

F-6, A-5 are gone, F-7Ps, Mirage 3/5 are next with the ROSE and F-7PG Thunder Bolt to be replaced at the end.

Since PAF runs PAC, they have their phase out schedule syncronized with the PAC's production line.

No, i don't think PAF is opting for a new jet before 2020. There are no funds and no immediate need either. At best we will buy more F-16s, used and new.

>Now JF17 production started since 2007 ,even after all those hulla hull ,you guys just assembled 50 Nos. Now 50 aircrafts without BVR ,IFR,basic EW and AOA of just 26°.

Granted, 50 fighters over 6 years is pretty darn slow. But this is because JF-17 is a very advanced plane, and this is Pakistan's first time producing fighter jets. 3 squadrons of JF-17 are about to be completed. Block 2 production is definitely much faster now that Pakistan is experienced at it. :p:

JF-17 is already capable of firing SD-10 and has very advanced EW.

"EW suite comprises of Self Production Jammer (SPJ), Missile Approach Warning System (MAWS), Radar Warning Receiver (RWR), Chaff & Flare Dispenser (CFD)."

JF-17 Avionics | JF-17 Thunder

Last edited:
JF 17 is super duper awesomely greatest excellent crazy stealthiest bad machine ever made in history. Created by its holiness Jesus Muhammad Budda gurunank and Krishna after full research of avionics weapons and frame.
I doubt there can be any machine which can be built similar to it.
I cry tears of joy even thinking about it.

But for god friggin sake cut this crap and get to topic.

see mafiya's post here in reply to Dontello. I will find Oscar's post too but I dont remember where he posted. Its been many days or even months.(well everyone knows that they(first block) would fire BVRs one day but not now).
JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5] | Page 123

Dude, thats what I'm saying...

When this post was written..there were speculations and we did not know anything. Now we have the deputy project director himself come out in lastest interview and confirmed that yes, SD-10As are integrated with JF-17 and fully operational. Project Director of JF-17 even said that before, when we inducted JF-17, it "could not" carry SD-10s and trials were being performed. Back then, it could only carry two PL-5Es WWR missiles...but now, JF-17 is a fully operational BVR weapon system.

Please read the interview..

Really?And who are you?LCA adds to Indian capability to design & develop a 4.5 (LCA mark 2 ) & 5 th generation fighter,avionics etc.It also adds to our capability in manufacturing modern airframes - Composite wings,structures..etc

Let me see what has JF 17 added to aircraft designing capabilty of Pakistan.And we will only see it when you guys embark on utilizing your designing & manufacturing capabilities for an indigenous project-like a Jet Trainer or something.

Till then...:wave:

First thing, Pakistani engineers and PAF officials were present all the way through JF-17 designing program. It is a "co-design" of Pakistanis and Chinese. So we DID get alot of help in design etc. Majority of avionics are being made in Pakistan..we are integrated all of our indigenous weapon systems on JF-17 because we designed and created the software ourselves too.

secondly, indians did not make any breakthrough in design. LCA's design is nothing "new" ...No new feature was introduced.

Also, as much as you would like to "console" yourself about this indigenous design thing, in real world..it does not matter. Tejas is a failed project now because its time has gone. It adds nothing new to iaf's strength..delays of DECADES as made it a useless project. And that is pretty much agreed by senior members of your country too...

Pakistan took the more efficient,smarter move and co-designed, co-developed a fighter aircraft with its most trusted ally...creating a superior platform than tejas..and the JF-17 project has been a supreme success, Mashallah. PAF is actually surprised how brilliant the project turned out to be! It has exceeded ALL expectations. All deliveries are on time (with little hitch-ups of few months ...thats it!)

tejas isn't even inducted yet...not to mention all the tests/trials and integration of weapon system that comes AFTER induction...while JF-17 has already completed more than 10,000+ active sorties! and work on block II has already begun..

Comparing tejas with JF-17 is now futile. One project has "decisively" took the lead due to better management and planning. Lets wait for block-III and Tejas IOC 2 or 3 to see how both fighters match up in 4.5 generation configuration. In current scenario, JF-17 has a "decisive" superiority over tejas as I stated.

Even Europeans "co-develop" their projects of aviation. Thats right, because THAT is a superior management approach...unless offcourse you are a mighty giant of Aerospace like United States is...

And let me tell you another story, multiple JF-17 were pitted against highly-upgraded multiple Chinese Flankers in DACT setting, and under different tactical situations..

Out of three engagements, JF-17s bested Flankers twice! It must tell you how capable and sophisticated JF-17 is and how mature, and reliable platform it has already become with over 10,000+ sorties!

Defeating very capable and highly agile Su-27/30 series in an air-to-air engagement is a pretty damn impressive deed, no matter what. I am not claiming that JF-17 can now face Su-30s etc, but you get the jist of JF-17's maturity and capability.

(The story above was first told by senior members here deployed in China working on JF-17 program...later, PAF's commander also confirmed it in an interview to an International Aviation Magazine ;) )

As I said, even PAF is surprised how brilliant jackpot they have hit in the form of JF-17 Thunder.

Therefore, PAF commander said in recent interview "There can be later blocks of JF-17 too..block IV, and V etc" ...

Last edited:
is the centre line loaded here :pop::pop:
LCA%2Bwith%2BBomb-706840.JPG

sxOemQ9.jpg

Why is this thread 31 pages long? India need to forget exporting LCA as India would not even purchase its only Jet fighter that it had created in decades in large quantity. The main Indian jet fighter are imported such as Mig 21, MKI, Mirage 2000 and now Rafale(it any deal is signed). Don't be fool by all the talks about LCA MKII because once this plane is available, PAKFA would be around the corner. Now, would you spend the limited Indian resources on LCA MKII ort PAKFA? the answer is obvious so India is not going to induct anything significant build in India in the near future.

One word .. bullcrap. I would argue .. but that would just be wasted time and energy, both of which I have little of.
So cheers , do live in your lil dream land and watch us inducting 250+ LCAs and selling them by the score to friendly nations.

HAL Tejas Technology demonstrator 1-rolled out in 1995,first flight 4 May 2001

02_tejas_100111.jpg

HAL Tejas Prototype Vehicle 1-first flight 25 November 2003

DSC00039-M.jpg

I guess you would need an eye surgery to see them..:omghaha:
Decades n counting ... Still not operational...

P.S: Did I say it's prototypes Dnt exist ?? Who needs a surgery you or me?

First develop a basic trainer aircraft on your own,then come to compare

K-8 JV.. Super Mushak is different from the old Mushak .. Which itself was improved one.. And both hundreds of them have been exported.. :lol:

What abt LCA a French design.. Israeli avionics.. Radar... Russian-Israeli weapons... American engine and still not inferior and not even operational..

Come back when you actually produce a successful product..

Did I say they are in Service?You were claiming it weren't even in series production which is wrong.It is already in series production.Weapons integration is underway.

First series production LCA as of December 2013

get.jpg

It's operational lmao? With all it's flaws can it even fire a medium ranged BVR missile? :lol:

Heck first reach the so called 15 or so *milestones* before bragging about stuff thts not even there at the moment..

I said it has the potential to reach 24 deg AoA as per FOC requirements.

Look at your pals false bs statements .. It has achieved 24deg AOA and set for 28 deg and superior to JFT with its 26 deg AOA etc etc..

There is nothing wrong with Hybrid MMR,its the composites used on radomes of current LSPs absorb radar waves.New quartz dome would be used in Series Production models.And I hope that gives an idea about RCS of Tejas which has one of the highest percentage of composites among fighters .

cacompositei.jpg

You should have spared us the lecture and a said nope.. We are stil working to fix it..and increase its detection rage by 80kn :lol:

As of composites .. Do you believe JFT block I with its small RCs has no composites .. While lca has an RCS of .1 as some indian fanboy claimed..:lol:

Can you prove that thrust produced would be less with a Y Duct on LCA?

Do I need to advocate some prototype? Tell me how is a DSI useless?

Till then enjoy this sexy JFT art :
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom