What's new

Why russia is offering pak its best weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see till then read the paper news Pakistan already signed billions worth defense deals this year lets see how much Russia will get. Personally i don't like Russia junk they are quite accident prone stuff quality standards are quite low as compare to western products. I hope Pakistan will not sign major deal with Russia like jets etc.
Your all weather friend feel proud to buy these Russian product you called junks .

Your superior JF-17 uses same Russian engine's and brag about it capabilities

Your all weather friend feel proud to buy these Russian product you called junks .

Your superior JF-17 uses same Russian engine's and brag about it capabilities
Engine only and WS-13 is advance stages.
Why u people always sarcastic ?

It is part of India-Russia master plan- to sell Su-35s with kill switches. In case of war, they will drop like flies or Mig-21s.

I am alluding to the below.

The Straits have been of urgent maritime strategic importance since the Trojan War was fought near the Aegean entrance. In the declining days of the Ottoman Empire the "Straits Question" involved the diplomats of Europe and the Ottoman Empire.
By the terms of the London Straits Convention concluded on July 13, 1841, between the Great Powers of EuropeRussia, the United Kingdom, France, Austria and Prussia — the "ancient rule" of the Ottoman Empire was re-established by closing the Turkish straits to all warships whatsoever, barring those of the sultan's allies during wartime. It thus benefited British naval power at the expense of Russian as the latter lacked direct access for its navy to the Mediterranean.[1]
The treaty is one in a series dealing with access to the Bosphorus, the Sea of Marmara, and the Dardanelles. It evolved from the secret 1833 Treaty of Hünkâr İskelesi (Unkiar Skelessi), in which the Ottoman Empire guaranteed exclusive use of the Straits to "Black Sea Powers" (i.e., Ottoman Empire and Russian Empire) warships in the case of a general war.
The modern treaty controlling relations is the 1936 Montreux Convention Regarding the Regime of the Turkish Straits, which is still in force. It gives Republic of Turkey control over warships entering the straits but guarantees the free passage of civilian vessels in peacetime

"Montreux Convention" redirects here. For the 1937 treaty that abolished the extraterritorial legal system for foreigners in Egypt, see Montreux Convention Regarding the Abolition of the Capitulations in Egypt.
The Montreux Convention Regarding the Regime of the Straits is a 1936 agreement that gives Turkey control over the Bosporus Straits and the Dardanelles and regulates the transit of naval warships. The Convention gives Turkey full control over the Straits and guarantees the free passage of civilian vessels in peacetime. It restricts the passage of naval ships not belonging to Black Sea states. The terms of the convention have been the source of controversy over the years, most notably concerning the Soviet Union's military access to the Mediterranean Sea.
Signed on 20 July 1936 at the Montreux Palace [1] in Switzerland, it permitted Turkey to remilitarise the Straits. It went into effect on 9 November 1936 and was registered in League of Nations Treaty Series on 11 December 1936.[2] It is still in force today, with some amendments.
The proposed controversial 21st century Kanal İstanbul project may constitute a possible by-pass to the Montreux Convention and force greater Turkish autonomy with respect to the passage of military ships from the Black Sea to the Sea of Marmara.[3][4]

Montreux Convention Regarding the Regime of the Straits - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bosphorus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Turkish Straits - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not applicable anymore...The passages on the mountains of Afghanistan and erstwhile pakistan were important to reach India...Not anymore.

Russia is not losing Indian market in near future even if India tries to do so. This is for the obvious reasons that India has still got lots of its frontline hardware of Russian origin. In my view Russia is entering the world's market of arms and ammunition with a new outlook and just like USA it will sell weapons to all the parties and at the same time would maintain good relations with both. Win win situation for Russia.

defence.pk/threads/pak-russia-relations-why-pakistan-is-important-for-russia-now.392545/

This might help you a lot.

i was thinking for some days and came up that
Russia is not foolish that it will sell weapons and will lose Indian defense market share
BUT they are most intelligent
but if u see that if pakistan buy weapons from russia then many arab countries would buy and they would gain more profit
just like pak buying weapons from china and countries like Egypt bought it and even Chinese missile were bought buy ksa even though Chinese thing are recognized as degraded in Arab world but after pak bought it many Arab world did it

so in my opinion i would say russia is selling pak its weapons because pakistan will pave road for russia to sell its weapon to arab world amd make trple profit
@MastanKhan

Best Russian weapons
PAK FA T-50 = No
S-400/500=No

Russian AESA =No

Armata MBT= No

Nuclear Subs =No

Aircraft Carrier =No

Brahmos = No

Many more Like Like Such
First PAK FA will entered in Russian Airforce in 2016 and after than India can be able to get the first PAKFA in 2020 or 2022 .
Pakistan and Russia had signed a bilateral defence cooperationagreement aimed at strengthening military-to-military relations.
Russian has supplied the Mi-35 helicopters to Pakistan and now PAF can choose the Su-35s.
we can choose and select the any thing according to Pakistan required Standered calibar it is the just begening please wait and see.

First PAK FA will entered in Russian Airforce in 2016 and after than India can be able to get the first PAKFA in 2020 or 2022 .
So you are insider Let me tell you India Already have Infrastructure and Capabilities too Manufacture FGFA or T-50 in india the Time Frame you are Giving is of HAL Manufactured FGFA
Pakistan and Russia had signed a bilateral defence cooperation agreement aimed at strengthening military-to-military relations.
That Doesn't Mean that Russia Will Not Supply India with Spares and Technical Support in Case of War with Pakistan
Russian has supplied the Mi-35 helicopters to Pakistan and now PAF can choose the Su-35s.
Its not Point what Pakistan Choose But About its Relevance 4 Mi-35 Helicopters will not Shifts Any Dynamic with Power Balance Btw India and Pakistan. As for Su-35 i Will See to it,Hope it doesn't Turn out to be Another J-10B Kind of News

indians trying to bash pakistanis on their hopes for russian equipment stop being so jealous,look most of us pakistanis love the sukhoi flanker all versions ,but that doesn't mean we are desperate for them its not like russia will give them away in aid like our loved and hated uncle sam does uncle ivan has yet to prove his worth ,russia can supply india all the spare india needs as long as they promise us to supply simultaneously otherwise no deal , pak-fa is truly a brilliant aircraft too bad indian airforce will probably keep them safe and put them away for showing off rather then actual power projection like f-22's hidden away in some alaska base well we will probaly get j-31 to counter the pak-fa threat unless russia decides to sell it to us now that would really make new delhi jealous and angry ,anyhow pakistan should stick with french,chinese and american aircrafts for now russian technology can indirectly find its way to pakistan through china so dont worry pakistani brethren !and chill indians no need to be jealous of something that has'nt happened yet

Let me tell you India Already have Infrastructure and Capabilities too Manufacture FGFA or T-50 in india
Tejas is prime example :no:
ts not Point what Pakistan Choose But About its Relevance 4 Mi-35 Helicopters will not Shifts Any Dynamic with Power Balance Btw India and Pakistan
Doors are open. And this is what matters a lot
:tup:.
As for Su-35 i Will See to it,Hope it doesn't Turn out to be Another J-10B Kind of News
Every one curious.
Still J10b deal reputation is way better than Rafale deal reputation :coffee:

Didn't Russia offer China the Su-35 at first! But the Chinese weren't willing to purchase a big number (they wanted half of the 48 Russia wanted to sell them). So, if Russia can sell some of its most advanced weapons to China (S-400), it can sell them to Pakistan too.

Also, India has reduced its dependency on Russian weapons (going for Rafale instead of Su-35), thus Russia needs new customers to meet the gap and they can't be picky with their current economical condition. But Russia will not offer joint-production weapons (PAK-FA and Brahmos) to countries like Pakistan or China without India's approval.

And for those saying why would Russia need Pakistan. It doesn't, but it needs China, they bailed them out during the recent sanctions or did the most they could. And China needs Pakistan as an ally to deal with India. Not saying they can't take them alone but they have too many countries in the region (South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, etc) to do it all alone.

a lot of countries have offered good stuff to pakistan.

back in the early 2000's they were offered the rafale and the typhoon. and across the pond during the bush era early 2000's before the blk52 they were offered f15's and f18's but they never took them as they either they never needed them or due to financial constraints.

now because india is leaning towards the "west" russia needs to fill the void that will get left behind. now pakistan is a good option. also this is also used to spoof india into staying with them. russia will always regard india as a highly valued customer, the number of deals they are doing is big. from helicopters to 5th gen fighters to leasing nuclear submarines and buying aircraft carriers.

pakistan is simply being offered this stuff. which is normal and typical. actually buying them is a whole new story.

So you are insider Let me tell you India Already have Infrastructure and Capabilities too Manufacture FGFA or T-50 in india the Time Frame you are Giving is of HAL Manufactured FGFA

That Doesn't Mean that Russia Will Not Supply India with Spares and Technical Support in Case of War with Pakistan

Its not Point what Pakistan Choose But About its Relevance 4 Mi-35 Helicopters will not Shifts Any Dynamic with Power Balance Btw India and Pakistan. As for Su-35 i Will See to it,Hope it doesn't Turn out to be Another J-10B Kind of News
we can choose and select the any thing according to Pakistan required Standered and calibar it is the just begening please wait and see. As you know Pakistan and Russia had signed a bilateral defence cooperation agreement .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom