What's new

Why Punjabis in Pakistan Have Abandoned Punjabi

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be a blessing in disguise, safety of the sovereignty of state if provincial languages die and urdu emerges as the only means of communication.
I am ready for the backlash for posting this though

U need to comprehend what I said...before u run ur mouth.
"Punjabi doesn't have many different levels of such formality and is relatively blunt(not disrespectful but blunt...as compared to Urdu)."

Do u know how comparisons work?

And what do u mean "don't insult my language?" Who made u the owner...I'm also a Punjabi u moron.
Its your words when i talk someone with respect i use urdu when i insult someone i use punjabi.
So punjabi is a tool of disrespect and insult for you.
And see you call me moron because i disagree with your point of view and i didnot used any abusive word for in my post.it show its not problem of the language its a problem that your parents didn't teach or you didn't learn how to talk with others respectfully.
I know in your next post you will use more abusive words to prove my point that problem is you now punjabi.and being a punjabi does not make you proud of punjabi show your inferiority complex.
Its reality punjabis abandoning their own sweet language because of inferiority complex.
Because they think punjabi is not the level of urdu.
Urdu speakers i am not against urdu.urdu should be our national language and main language of communication between all provinces as i already said.i am proud of punjabi and urdu both.
I can proudly speak punjabi urdu.
I can also speak Arabic and English.in all languages i know how to respect others.
Can anybody tell me what is Arabic words for aap and tum or tu.

Its your words when i talk someone with respect i use urdu when i insult someone i use punjabi.
So punjabi is a tool of disrespect and insult for you.
And see you call me moron because i disagree with your point of view and i didnot used any abusive word for in my post.it show its not problem of the language its a problem that your parents didn't teach or you didn't learn how to talk with others respectfully.
I know in your next post you will use more abusive words to prove my point that problem is you now punjabi.and being a punjabi does not make you proud of punjabi show your inferiority complex.
Its reality punjabis abandoning their own sweet language because of inferiority complex.
Because they think punjabi is not the level of urdu.
Urdu speakers i am not against urdu.urdu should be our national language and main language of communication between all provinces as i already said.i am proud of punjabi and urdu both.
I can proudly speak punjabi urdu.
I can also speak Arabic and English.in all languages i know how to respect others.
Can anybody tell me what is Arabic words for aap and tum or tu.
A normal person would say "my bad I misunderstood"...but only a moron digs down deeper into his idiotic ways.
Here it's clearly written in my post...
"Punjabi doesn't have many different levels of such formality and is relatively blunt(not disrespectful but blunt...as compared to Urdu)."

Btw I called u a moron not bcuz u disagree...but bcuz u can't seem to comprehend something that's written right there in my post.

I'm not expecting u to understand still...it's obvious ur IQ needs work. So u can either try to comprehend what I said...or cling to ur lack of comprehension, think whatever u want and stop quoting me.

This is prevalent in upper middle class and above where the punjabis feel ashamed to speak their own language and feel it is a language of paindus and will make them look less refined.

A normal person would say "my bad I misunderstood"...but only a moron digs down deeper into his idiotic ways.
Here it's clearly written in my post...

Btw I called u a moron not bcuz u disagree...but bcuz u can't seem to comprehend something that's written right there in my post.

I'm not expecting u to understand still...it's obvious ur IQ needs work. So u can either try to comprehend what I said...or cling to ur lack of comprehension, think whatever u want and stop quoting me.
See again its not problem in the language you can be disrespect in any language.its only what manners you taught or your parents fail to teach you respect.
Carry on now.

This is prevalent in upper middle class and above where the punjabis feel ashamed to speak their own language and feel it is a language of paindus and will make them look less refined.
Inferiority complex as i already mentioned in above posts.

See again its not problem in the language you can be disrespect in any language.its only what manners you taught or your parents fail to teach you respect.
Carry on now.
I never said it's a problem in the language...I never said Punjabi is disrespectful...these are all words u r putting in my mouth. All bcuz u misunderstood...and ur ego is not allowing u to back down. It's not that my parents failed to teach me respect...they taught me plenty...
But to get respect u have to give respect. It was u who started jumping down my throat rather than spending a few seconds to read my post properly...
...rather it seems ur parents failed to teach u principles like "think before u speak"(in this case read and understand before u speak)...
...and things like humility and admitting when u r wrong. All these are useful things to be a better person.

It says CLEARLY in my post that Punjabi isn't disrespectful...but for some reason u r having issues understanding that.

tell me why do educated people talk in urdu in pak? Why is talking in punjabi considered as cheap? I read many articles of pakistanis which say that speaking in punjabi in public is considered demeaning..people who talk punjabi in public are called gawara..

Nonsense. Educated people from all walks of life have no problem speaking Punjabi in public, especially within Punjab.

If punjabi isnt a village or unedcuated version of urdu why isnt it taught in schools?

There are entire degrees based on different aspects of the language. It is not taught until beyond high school because our education system is defunct. Also the reason why other languages were not taught in school until the government made it compulsory only recently. Even then, they are only being taught by a hand full of schools.

Why dont poets write poems in punjabi?why are your poets like iqbal and faiz ahmad faiz write in urdu and not punjabi?

Waris Shah, Bulleh Shah, Fariduddin Ganjshakar, Khwaja Ghulam Farid, and Shah Hussain are massive literary icons who wrote mostly in Punjabi. Their work is a part of almost every household in Pakistan. Btw, Iqbal wrote in Punjabi as well.

Why do proceedings in punjab assembly happen in urdu and not punjabi?

Same reason why all the other provincial assemblies use Urdu as well; it is the official language.

Why arent there any news channels in punjabi?why arent there any movies or entertainment channels in punjabi?

.........the Pakistani movie industry, for the longest time, was standing on Punjabi movies. There are plenty of Punjabi channels out there as well.

Sindhi,balochi and pashto are taught in schools..they have great poets...their assemblies are run in those languages..because those languages have that air of formality..a royal history...punjabi for the most part was just a broken dialect of hindustani.
Educated punjabis know that..thats why nobody talks in punjabi in public.

That's all wrong. Your entire argument is based on falsified facts.

Last edited:
Urdu is the king of languages of South Asia.

Urdu is the language of the Muslims of South Asia while Punjabi is historical Hindu language which does not have any more relevance as Punjabhis have left Hinduism.

Punjabi best language.

Even my pashtun cleaning lady from swat can understand Punjabi thanks to me.

She told today me that she doesn’t want to make rotis anymore because I don’t pay her enough. I’m paying her 5000 per month to clean one room, mop the floors every other day and to do laundry(machine) along with roti for breakfast. That’s beside the point.

Anyways she says I don’t want to make roti because you don’t pay me enough.

So I say to her in Punjabi:

Chal koi ne meri phen, aaj ata goon de fe kaal me tinu fer raazi kar loon ga.

:lol:

it was so funny that even she laughed. And then prepared the dough for the rotis.

Point being, Punjabi is also a very funny and endearing language. And although I agree swearing is best done in punjabi, that is not the only thing the language is good for.

I agree with this entirely;

Punjabi should be compulsory in the schools of Punjab.
Urdu is should be our main communication language all over Pakistan.
but Punjabi should have its right place in Punjab. for signboards and instruction on roads, we should use Punjabi. office language of Punjab should be Punjabi.

It's interesting to see how people view Punjabi, especially those who claim they are native speakers describing it in such derogatory fashion. Do speakers of other regional languages feel the same I wonder. Do the Pashtuns, Balochis, and Sindis feel that Urdu is superior in terms of conveying respect, while their own languages are best employed to insult and abuse?

No doubt Punjabi has a rich literary heritage, just a cursory reading of history will prove that. So why do misconceptions cemented is our colonial past, persist.

Point being, Punjabi is also a very funny and endearing language. And although I agree swearing is best done in punjabi, that is not the only thing the language is good for.
This is one of the examples I gave...and some idiot started jumping up and down. He went as far as to conclude that I have an inferiority complex against speaking Punjabi...
...the guy doesn't even know my name...he read my one post and boldly declared all of this about me.

As for Urdu/Hindi being one language...
...they are referred to as "mutually intelligible"...but Hindi is definitely bastardized version of Urdu.
You have zero knowledge of history of hindi and linguistics.
Hindi evolved out of khari boli which evolved out of sanskrit....what you call urdu is the bastardised version of hindi...
Urdu has persian and arabic nouns more compared to hindi...nouns dont make a language...verbs,post positions,prepositions make a language..can you tell me just one verb ,post position that is not of sanskrit origin in urdu?
Just because you have a few different nouns(for formal languagr) in urdu it doesnt make it a different language from hindi...
For example..in hindi they say modi hindustan ka pradhan mantri hai.
In urd.u you say modi hindustan ka wazeer e azam hai...just because you use wazeer e azam it doesnt make it a different language.
Todays children say Modi hamara Prime Minister hai...children these days insert many english words in hindi...according to your argument we should call it with some other name and not hindi simply because they are using english nouns in a hindi sentence.
No linguist in the world considers urdu and hindi different languages..they cant even be called different dialects of a same language...they are one and the same language.
https://matadornetwork.com/abroad/why-hindi-urdu-is-one-language-and-arabic-is-several/

You have zero knowledge of history of hindi and linguistics.
Hindi evolved out of khari boli which evolved out of sanskrit....what you call urdu is the bastardised version of hindi...
Urdu has persian and arabic nouns more compared to hindi...nouns dont make a language...verbs,post positions,prepositions make a language..can you tell me just one verb ,post position that is not of sanskrit origin?
Just because you have a few different nouns(for formal languagr) in urdu it doesnt make it a different language from hindi...
For example..in hindi they say modi hindustan ka pradhan mantri hai.
In urd.u you say modi hindustan ka wazeer e azam hai...just because you use wazeer e azam it doesnt make it a different language.
Todays children says Modi hamara Prime Minister hai...children these days insert many english words in hindi...according to your argument we should call it with some other name and not hindi simply because they are using english nouns in a hindi sentence.
No linguist in the world considers urdu and hindi different languages..they cant even be called different dialects of a same language...they are one and the same language.
https://matadornetwork.com/abroad/why-hindi-urdu-is-one-language-and-arabic-is-several/
The history of the language u r describing here is "Hindustani"...there was a split...the devangari script(used for the language which became Hindi) and Person/Arabic script(used for Urdu). They diverged over time...with Hindi purging Persian derived words and replacing them with equivalent Sanskrit words. Moreover modern day Hindi speakers don't even pronounce the words correctly...
...an example that comes to mind is that recent fake "audio call" that came out after the fake "surgical strike"...saying "bum fattay"(bombs blasted). The correct word would be "phattay" having a distinct P sound and a distinct H sound...not an F sound.

So yes...Hindi in its current form is bastardized...when u start speaking Hindustani...let me know.

Tired of these fake feel good type propaganda stories between Pakistani and Indian Punjabis. All such pieces have three common themes; Punjabis dominate other provinces in Pakistan, Punjabis on both sides of the border miss the good old days, Pakistani Punjabis have given up on their language while Indian Punjabis are the holding on to it.

Punjabis are represented according to their population in Pakistan. But they do NOT dominate politics, military or any part of the establishment. If this word domination were to be used, I'd argue that Punjabi-Pushtun domination can be seen in Pakistan. And then there's also the fact that there are more Balochs in Punjab than Balochistan itself. And Puhstuns in Punjab are alhamdulillah in a lot of villages, every town and every city and doing very well. So Punjab by composition has to adapt Urdu, the national language.

So no, Punjabis are not oppressing anyone in Pakistan despite what Indian narrative would like us to believe. And surely Punjabis are hospitable people and treat every guest with respect, including the ones at Kartarpura, but do not mistake it for a loss of memory. Old wounds from partition and new ones from Kashmir are remembered. And same is expected from Indian Punjabis.
Spot on. It's a desperate attempt by Indians to divide Pakistanis. Extremely desperate.

Also, as soon as any article says "the powerful Pakistani military", I switch off, knowing full well what the implication and contextualisation of such a statement is.

Indeed, our military is powerful, because our nation and our people are powerful. Our people are one with our military. The foreign or foreigner-supporting elements who use this phrase "Pakistan's powerful military" invariably use it in the context of a military that controls and coerces us as dictators would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom