What's new

Why Punjabis in Pakistan Have Abandoned Punjabi

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Pakistan literally EVERBODY has the chance to be elected and be a politician. Check the ethnicities of our PMs and Presidents of the last few decades. Punjabi dominated much, right?

Its just a weak *** propaganda point used by Indians and some of their paid agents in Pakistan.

My ancestors migrated from Ludhiana to Toba Tek Singh and Faisalabad. A lot of them were brutally murdered by Punjabi Sikhs. Four of my great grandmother's sons sacrificed their life to so that my great mother could come here. My father told that she used to cry daily and never recovered from that trauma.

These unfortunate events are etched in our collective memories. And these are not your typical Pakistan Studies chapters. These are things we have heard from our grandparents. Only a fool would confuse our hospitality with a loss of memory.

Just an attempt to sow seeds of discord amongst Pakistanis...

They do propaganda day and night that Punjabis are usurping the rights of other ethnic groups of Pakistan. And then do propaganda that Punjabis were better in the “good old days”.

Basically the only real outcome they want is to make Pakistanis fight each other.

Its just a weak *** propaganda point used by Indians and some of their paid agents in Pakistan.

These unfortunate events are etched in our collective memories. And these are not your typical Pakistan Studies chapters. These are things we have heard from our grandparents. Only a fool would confuse our hospitality with a loss of memory.
My great grandma witnessed her sons getting slaughtered in half. Each of one them sacrificed themselves by creating a distracting so that others could move ahead. In end the I believe only one son remained while others were martyred.

Many years ago, the renowned Indian writer Maheep Singh, wrote an article in the Punjabi daily Ajit. “When I went to lahnde Punjab for the first time, an elderly woman embraced me and said, ‘My life is yours my son. During Partition we lost our gold-like Sikh sons and only the bidi-smokers and paan-chewers fell in our lot.’” She was alluding to the Muslims from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar who moved to Pakistan in 1947.
We Sindhis feel her pain more than anyone else.
@waz @WebMaster @Horus @Irfan Baloch @Foxtrot Alpha @LeGenD @Slav Defence @Moonlight @BHarwana @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Adios Amigo @Arsalan
Plz don't allow these type of things here

Last edited:
Convenience? It's good if there is one language where all people can communicate.

This is perhaps the dumbest article I’ve read.. the elite of any community comprises of like 5-10% of the total population and it’s not like they have Punjabi banned in their households or someone has a gun pointed at them telling them not to speak it..

Apart from Hindi none of the other regional languages sound polished. Even Gujarati sounds funny, Marathi is too Ghawti/rural.
South Indian languages? Do you think Pakistanis would fall in love with Tamil language if they hear it ?

West Pakistanis even had a derogatory attitude towards Bangla and considered it as an inferior language spoken by feminine fish eaters.

Anda punda bro we actually make fun of Tamil all the time lol

Punjabi should be compulsory in the schools of Punjab.
Urdu is should be our main communication language all over Pakistan.
but Punjabi should have its right place in Punjab. for signboards and instruction on roads, we should use Punjabi. office language of Punjab should be Punjabi.

To be honest punjabi sounds like a village version of hindustani...it doesnt have that dignified sound like say hindi gujarati marathi or south indian languages.
I think that is the reason it is abandoned by educated people.
i think you are bhaya from up? Punjabi is older than third-class language hindi. name one hindi poet who can compete with bulleh shah?
don't bring Urdu poets because urdu is not hindi.
south languages are a pain for our ears.indey mindey
nalley angey arey

Last edited:
We Sindhis feel her pain more than anyone else.

U feel nothing. Go and check what is being done to the cities under complete influence of your sindhi speaking folks. Be it larkana, badin, thatta, dadu.

They look just like a village.

Wakeup man rather than buying the stupid propagnda that urdu speaking took the sindh land u should ask your leaders why there is no developmeny despite bhutto family being in power since 1965. Even after remaining in power for more than 80% of time in last 55 years PPP says to u its due to urdu speaking ... why u guys just leave the third class urdu speaking and focus on development of sindhi speaking majoirty city ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom