What's new

Why Punjabis in Pakistan Have Abandoned Punjabi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan REJECTED their LOCAL language/culture/religion and LANGUAGE too....

Hindi overtook Sanskrit so should we say India Abandoned Sanskrit. Even you Hindi is not a pure Hindi but a blended version with Urdu words. Most of your songs in your movies are Urdu songs. There is such a thing as language evolution. Latin was once most widely spoken language but it evolved into various other language with English being most popular language of communication. Same is with Urdu it is a plain simple language easier on tongue with no tongue twisters like other languages. Language is form of communication and over time our languages need to improve to allow ease of of communication not make it hard. Urdu is also an official language of Pakistan and being most easiest language to learn it has been adopted by every province not just Punjab.

@Bouncer @zain41 @_NOBODY_ @Iltutmish @Pappa Alpha @masterchief_mirza @DESERT FIGHTER

Please report the OP and this blatantly false propaganda thread by Indians.

This is deeply offensive towards Pakistani Punjabis like myself. Our ancestors did not die by being killed, raped, burned alive by Sikh/Hindu militias so they can claim we are fake Punjabis and they are only real ones.

Actually Sikh Punjabi is based on Pakistani region's Punjabi which was modified to remove certain words used by Muslims, Persians, Turks, Arabs, Pukhtoons, etc. and their faith is based on old religion of Rajputs before Islam.

What part of Bharat did Aryans come from? I'm serious. Enlighten me as I'd like to visit the home of the Aryans to bask in ancient Aryan glory and feel inspired to reclaim my lost heritage.
Aryan invasion/migration is a FAKE THEORY propagated by British colonial invaders to CONVERT NATIVE people to their religion.

Hindi overtook Sanskrit so should we say India Abandoned Sanskrit. Even you Hindi is not a pure Hindi but a blended version with Urdu words. Most of your songs in your movies are Urdu songs. There is such a thing as language evolution. Latin was once most widely spoken language but it evolved into various other language with English being most popular language of communication. Same is with Urdu it is a plain simple language easier on tongue with no tongue twisters like other languages. Language is form of communication and over time our languages need to improve to allow ease of of communication not make it hard. Urdu is also an official language of Pakistan and being most easiest language to learn it has been adopted by every province not just Punjab.

More than 30% Words in English have German &French roots,some muslims tried to inject Farsi&Arabic words in Khariboli (UP language) won't became a new language. :lol:

In few years we will replace ALL those FORCEFUL inserted words from Hindi then obviously it will become 'Shuddh Hindi',it started long ago as u see all our Hindi TV/news channels doing right job.

Aryan invasion/migration is a FAKE THEORY propagated by British colonial invaders to CONVERT NATIVE people to their religion.
So just tell me where is their ancient capital based in Bharat, so I may visit and pay my respects. They're my ancestors too right? If there's any Aryan in me, I owe it to them to pay homage. Where is their genetic source code, their ancient artefacts, their ruined cities? They were sons of our soil right? So do clarify for me.

Oh how cruel a fate, that I should never know of my forefathers and their native cultures and their native faith and their native ways. Woe betide me!

OP should be banned, he deserves it.

This is racism against Punjabis of Pakistan. We should not allow this.

Kis akheya assan panjaabi chhor diti hai?

Hor parosiya yu kehndey aa, sannu punjabi bolan ni ondi?

Aa vi kaddi Lhor avey, dekhange inne kinni punjabi alfaz andey aa.

:lol:

Punjabi di mahavira hegga, "Lhor de kuttan billiyan vi punjabi boldi aa."

:pakistan: We are proud of our Punjabi culture and identity. Indians can burn in their jealousy.

So just tell me where is their ancient capital based in Bharat, so I may visit and pay my respects. They're my ancestors too right? If there's any Aryan in me, I owe it to them to pay homage. Where is their genetic source code, their ancient artefacts, their ruined cities? They were sons of our soil right? So do clarify for me.

Oh how cruel a fate, that I should never know of my forefathers and their native cultures and their native faith and their native ways. Woe betide me!
5000 year old continuous civilization, SOME cowards converted to invaders religion/culture but 80% still carry it to their next generation.
Indus_Valley_Civilization%2C_Mature_Phase_%282600-1900_BCE%29.png

@Bouncer @zain41 @_NOBODY_ @Iltutmish @Pappa Alpha @masterchief_mirza @DESERT FIGHTER

Please report the OP and this blatantly false propaganda thread by Indians.

This is deeply offensive towards Pakistani Punjabis like myself. Our ancestors did not die by being killed, raped, burned alive by Sikh/Hindu militias so they can claim we are fake Punjabis and they are only real ones.

Actually Sikh Punjabi is based on Pakistani region's Punjabi which was modified to remove certain words used by Muslims, Persians, Turks, Arabs, Pukhtoons, etc. and their faith is based on old religion of Rajputs before Islam.
You're right of course. It is a very offensive thread. Punjabis haven't "abandoned" Punjabi in the slightest. It's a beautiful language, as is Urdu. Pakistanis are mature enough to appreciate the realities of a diverse nation state and the need for a single unifying national language. Pakistanis are also not so childish and offended by the existence of English as the international "lingua franca" and language of media, science etc, so as to demand its banning. It is simple expediency and PRAGMATISM that has given Pakistan nationwide use of Urdu and English. Punjabi, sindhi, and all regional dialects and languages remain invaluable to our nation and will always be treasured by us all. Indians can't comprehend that punjabis love balochis or that sindhis love kashmiris - we're one big house with lots of rooms within which we are all welcome.

Likewise, we're proud of our diverse sources of origin from both east and west that gave rise to our nation, its disparate languages and its cultural milieu.

Meanwhile, the Delhi shogunate to our east - having staked its whole destiny on some pithy revisionist theory of hindutva dominion over the whole subcontinent - must now follow through by eradicating every trace of lexicon, inflexion or intonation that is perceived as having a connection to the "invaders" as defined and villified by Delhi (mughals and brits), while gleefully endorsing that which is bequeathed by a different group of invaders (Aryans) worshipped by the Delhi regime. It's majoritarianism resulting in an extreme and dysfunctional mess.

More than 30% Words in English have German &French roots,some muslims tried to inject Farsi&Arabic words in Khariboli (UP language) won't became a new language. :lol:

In few years we will replace ALL those FORCEFUL inserted words from Hindi then obviously it will become 'Shuddh Hindi',it started long ago as u see all our Hindi TV/news channels doing right job.

German, French and English are were derived from Latin so yeah all of them have common words. Just as there are common words in Turkish, Persian and Urdu as they were all have roots in Arabic.

Yeah we shall see when you people will adopt shudh hindi. When that happens come back and let me know.

Your Gujrati marathi and others only sound like this:
Yanna gadda patta amru yatna ama pada yenta benta antu binda Kum Kum batana yana rascala mind it!
To be honest punjabi sounds like a village version of hindustani...it doesnt have that dignified sound like say hindi gujarati marathi or south indian languages.
I think that is the reason it is abandoned by educated people.

German, French and English are were derived from Latin so yeah all of them have common words. Just as there are common words in Turkish, Persian and Urdu as they were all have roots in Arabic.

Yeah we shall see when you people will adopt shudh hindi. When that happens come back and let me know.

M talking about MODERN ENGLISH not latin... fyi Turkish &Farsi have OWN scripts ... IS urdu has a script?? :rofl:

They are trying to compete with the coolness of Karachiites :enjoy:

Just joking.

Actually Punjabis specially Lahori elite are perhaps the only folks in Pakistan who don't teach their kids their mother tongue. Listen to this guy he very eloquently explains it.

It is a very small population, vast vast majority of Punjabis speak Punjabi day to day for everything.

You're right of course. It is a very offensive thread. Punjabis haven't "abandoned" Punjabi in the slightest. It's a beautiful language, as is Urdu. Pakistanis are mature enough to appreciate the realities of a diverse nation state and the need for a single unifying national language. Pakistanis are also not so childish and offended by the existence of English as the international "lingua franca" and language of media, science etc, so as to demand its banning. It is simple expediency and PRAGMATISM that has given Pakistan nationwide use of Urdu and English. Punjabi, sindhi, and all regional dialects and languages remain invaluable to our nation and will always be treasured by us all. Indians can't comprehend that punjabis love balochis or that sindhis love kashmiris - we're one big house with lots of rooms within which we are all welcome.

Likewise, we're proud of our diverse sources of origin from both east and west that gave rise to our nation, its disparate languages and its cultural milieu.

Meanwhile, the Delhi shogunate to our east - having staked its whole destiny on some pithy revisionist theory of hindutva dominion over the whole subcontinent - must now follow through by eradicating every trace of lexicon, inflexion or intonation that is perceived as having a connection to the "invaders" as defined and villified by Delhi (mughals and brits), while gleefully endorsing that which is bequeathed by a different group of invaders (Aryans) worshipped by the Delhi regime. It's majoritarianism resulting in an extreme and dysfunctional mess.

You cannot buy "Gaaram oondey" from a seller in the street without knowing Punjabi in Lahore, and these people think Punjabi is in danger.

When I go to Pakistan, some switch activates in me and I start speaking only Punjabi and no English, urdu with anyone. No one I meet or interact with speaks any language other than Punjabi either.

I don't know why some people create this story that Punjabi is in danger. It is not.

Even Pukhtoons, Urdu speakers, and Afghans throughout Punjab speak Punjabi. They have to, to live and work in Punjab.

Ermm... Someone wanna tell Marco Polo here that this is a map of the IVC, Harrapan civilisation.....nothing to do with Aryans and gangetic fraudsters.

NOBODY KNOW WHICH NAME THAT PLACE/CITY is called 5000 years ago, so they just named harappa by after British first excavated.Anyway,it won't become HARAPPA'S civilization as it is Sindu-Saraswati river civilization later expanded to east&south.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom