What's new

Why Navy’s rejection of Naval LCA is wrong

What is the combat radius of MK2? That's all I care.
fact is MK2 is not ready as yet but MK1 with new digital engine mangement and new next gen lighter Avionicks suits with GaN based AESA radar & comined EW+ECM + Internal Jammer Suites with OBOGS & IFR has internal fuel capacty of some 2480Kgs that gives it combat radius 450Km withfull waepons load (3.5tonne) in 6-8 Km flight altitude rest u can specualte yourself

fact is MK2 is not ready as yet but MK1 with new digital engine mangement and new next gen lighter Avionicks suits with GaN based AESA radar & comined EW+ECM + Internal Jammer Suites with OBOGS & IFR has internal fuel capacty of some 2480Kgs that gives it combat radius 450Km withfull waepons load (3.5tonne) in 6-8 Km flight altitude rest u can specualte yourself
450KM? What's wrong I call it airport protector.

450KM? What's wrong I call it airport protector.
well its a point defnce fighter for internal air defnce role and with 100Nm track & scan range for a clean configuration F16 type target with 7 or more 100+Km range I Derby ER or Astra2 type BVR its perfectly suited for that job its not a long range fighter bomber those roles are already assigned for MKI ,rafales , Jaguars , M2K9s and Mig29s @wanglaokan hope you get the picture

This is just more than an excuse for HAL to stay relevant. INdian navy won't accept it.

Can you enlarge the LCA' fuselage or make it longer, bigger fuselage means more ranger. Or it will be merely a airport protector.
I dont think its required at all at this time, you have to understand LCA is a world smallest fighter plan and we plan to keep them in southern side, more of a defensive weapon with offensive missiles and tech. The best thing is that we would have our own source code of this plan, This will allow us to upgrade make changes according to our needs. Please find the below mentioned link.

http://www.tejas.gov.in/ADA-Tejas Brochure-2015.pdf

One more thing, we are not coming to china on LCA, but because its equipt with worlds best missiles and radar to take down any aircraft unless its 5th Gen in real terms.

I dont think its required at all at this time, you have to understand LCA is a world smallest fighter plan and we plan to keep them in southern side, more of a defensive weapon with offensive missiles and tech. The best thing is that we would have our own source code of this plan, This will allow us to upgrade make changes according to our needs. Please find the below mentioned link.

http://www.tejas.gov.in/ADA-Tejas Brochure-2015.pdf

One more thing, we are not coming to china on LCA, but because its equipt with worlds best missiles and radar to take down any aircraft unless its 5th Gen in real terms.
if I were IAF, I will turn it down as well. it's combat radius is not up to the mark.

It's design specification had been outdated before induction.

A combat jet with less than 500KM combat radius will be just too pathetic for any ambitious airforce in the world. I think IAF wants the best and they get the worst.

if I were IAF, I will turn it down as well. it's combat radius is not up to the mark.
well mate 450Km combat radius is pretty good considering our enemies airdepth is just 365 km at the farthest strategik point and all our air bases are with 55-125Km from border areas to it

now add to that new gen long range of msart guided bombs , laer guided bombs , smart munations , pricision guided bombs and long range glide bombs and small diametere bombs all of which are tested with LCA in all weather and Day & night conditions with 6-8 Km flight altitude (which is actually used 98% of times in jet fighter warfare )

now add to that MK1A variant os already on the rigs under contruction which gonna have a new quartz nose cone and a new improoved wide but low and light landing which will allow LCA to land without over heating it breaks too much and have better suspenssion (thanks to LM) and a new compact and minutrised avionics suit with centralised 50-80 terabyte DATABUS and a new GaN/AESA based EW+ECM+Internal jammer suit and a new GaN/AESA based FCR with next gen long range hokus phokus making it work like a mini phalcon awacs with a very high peak power out put

well mate 450Km combat radius is pretty good considering our enemies airdepth is just 365 km at the farthest strategik point and all our air bases are with 55-125Km from border areas to it

now add to that new gen long range of msart guided bombs , laer guided bombs , smart munations , pricision guided bombs and long range glide bombs and small diametere bombs all of which are tested with LCA in all weather and Day & night conditions with 6-8 Km flight altitude (which is actually used 98% of times in jet fighter warfare )

now add to that MK1A variant os already on the rigs under contruction which gonna have a new quartz nose cone and a new improoved wide but low and light landing which will allow LCA to land without over heating it breaks too much and have better suspenssion (thanks to LM) and a new compact and minutrised avionics suit with centralised 50-80 terabyte DATABUS and a new GaN/AESA based EW+ECM+Internal jammer suit and a new GaN/AESA based FCR with next gen long range hokus phokus making it work like a mini phalcon awacs with a very high peak power out put
The unit price of MK2 will reach a stunning of 85 millions USD( not including weapon package and training and maintenance).we can buy a F35A with same amount of money in the near future. Who will buy a LCA? It's price is ridiculous.

WHAT?
China have a strategic depth of 365 Km?? :O

Last time i checked all your military madness was directed against China and "India was not bothered by Pakistan anymore" was the mantra!!!

Plus you are replying to a Chinese member here so i guess you need some geography lessons to know that China have far more strategic depth than 350 Km :P

Kya ho gya ha guru ge!!!

Last edited:
Can any indian member confirm is it MRCA or AMCA? and what about LCA Tejas ? justa short summary.

The unit price of MK2 will reach a stunning of 85 millions USD( not including weapon package and training and maintenance).we can buy a F35A with same amount of money in the near future. Who will buy a LCA? It's price is ridiculous.
Talk about a really LAME post !!... atleast u are consistent, where did you get such a price!

Do Tell who has bought the J10?? no one!!... so it is a failure???

BAF is buying J10
Important life Lesson Pal... Stop posting Lame Comment without any research!!

Please go to the BAF thread here, a member has posted the tender docs for the BAF, one the the requirement for the New MRCA is Twin Engines!!.... So is the J10 twin engine?? will it spurt an additional engine?. The answer is NO , so how the heck will it qualify for the tender, let along BAF buying it!

It's design specification had been outdated before induction.

A combat jet with less than 500KM combat radius will be just too pathetic for any ambitious airforce in the world. I think IAF wants the best and they get the worst.
Please do not take it other wise, we keep an eye on chines media as well. In one of the program one of Ex commander said, chines plane can fly in sky but it can not Wars, IAF has already maintained an edge on Chines Airforce. Making a fighter plan is not a joke, With extended fuel tank it can be extended plus force multiplier is the key data link is the key. Plus one battery of S 400 plus other missile system and it servers the purpose. your second line about outdated before induction, as I mentioned that it will fly with oursource code meaning all future tech will be compatible with this plane. We have all seen what happened in Bahrain air show.

Please do not take it other wise, we keep an eye on chines media as well. In one of the program one of Ex commander said, chines plane can fly in sky but it can not Wars, IAF has already maintained an edge on Chines Airforce. Making a fighter plan is not a joke, With extended fuel tank it can be extended plus force multiplier is the key data link is the key. Plus one battery of S 400 plus other missile system and it servers the purpose. your second line about outdated before induction, as I mentioned that it will fly with oursource code meaning all future tech will be compatible with this plane. We have all seen what happened in Bahrain air show.
You mean China just build jets for fun?
US Airforce could not agree with you, and they deploy F-22 to Asia to counter PLAF.
You Indian are so funny.
Why do you always lie and brag?
Do these really help your military development?
Look at your Weapon programs Arjun,LCA,Vriat. All of them are mess.
As a Chinese, I hope you guys brag and delusional for ever.
Keep bragging.
May your mouth deal with technical hurdles.

Important life Lesson Pal... Stop posting Lame Comment without any research!!

Please go to the BAF thread here, a member has posted the tender docs for the BAF, one the the requirement for the New MRCA is Twin Engines!!.... So is the J10 twin engine?? will it spurt an additional engine?. The answer is NO , so how the heck will it qualify for the tender, let along BAF buying it!
You guy is really funny.
The official of BD in charge of weapon purchasing is not supposed to public the purchasing plan on PDF.
You mistake PDF as defense minister of BD.
If you want something real ,I suggest you watch th news from official media.

You mean China just build jets for fun?
US Airforce could not agree with you, and they deploy F-22 to Asia to counter PLAF.
You Indian are so funny.
Why do you always lie and brag?
Do these really help your military development?
Look at your Weapon programs Arjun,LCA,Vriat. All of them are mess.
As a Chinese, I hope you guys brag and delusional for ever.
Keep bragging.
May your mouth deal with technical hurdles.

You guy is really funny.
The official of BD in charge of weapon purchasing is not supposed to public the purchasing plan on PDF.
You mistake PDF as defense minister of BD.
If you want something real ,I suggest you watch th news from official media.

They are not delusional most of the time- because they know what are facts and what are fantasies. In other words, they know what is real n what is not, but chose to intentionally obscure, deflect or downplay them.

It is part of Indian culture to lie n defend those lies- not just in this particular context but in all other areas. This is coming from my interactions with them both in real life and online.

Mk1 was rejected due to weight issues not mk2.. Mk2 is not rejected and it is still in development..

Your former Navy Chief Arun Prakash hinted that the NLCA failed to fullfill the requirements of a carrier fighter. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...sson-failure-of-drdo/articleshow/57034043.cms

Then came your own present Navy Chief Sunil Lanba who outright-ly and explicitly rejected the MK2 himself. http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...-tejas-didnt-fit-the-bill/article17664569.ece

How do u wanna continue playing out your lie?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom