What's new

Why Navy’s rejection of Naval LCA is wrong

So when will LCA become another mig 21

So why is India having single engine fighter competition then ?
you always talk about mig 21, Atlantis was shot down by mig 21. Numbers are going down, we need high tech transfer even with a cost. you have to understand we are only getting 36 rafale, all options are open but we dont want 5 different plane in our inventory. you do not have a breaking news that we are purchasing single engine plane right now.

They want a completely matured fighter produced in parallel with government owned HAL
So LCA is not living up to the expectation ? Even after 30 years of in development, what could be more mature than LCA,
They could seek partnership with local MII, for LCA, but I dont see that happening, so 120 orders and kaboom? end of lne for LCA?

LCA is a failed project a hundred time over. Other countries would have cancelled this project and rebooted and find a way to be successful. Not India. They stick with a project after it had failed miserably.
India need to learn how to throw away a failed endeavor and restart from scratch. Actually, India need to realize when something had failed.
ask your **** friends why did they walk out from Bahrain show? are you not aware that we have already inducted lca and 16 - 18 plane per year production line ?
so what if they are not firing mica missile at china/ pak border.

So LCA is not living up to the expectation ? Even after 30 years of in development, what could be more mature than LCA,
They could seek partnership with local MII, for LCA, but I dont see that happening, so 120 orders and kaboom? end of lne for LCA?

Do you even know what that 30 years was? It's the founding of ADA, India's defence aerospace R&D wing. To produce some sort of, "LCA", designing, full funding happened much later. Of course you dont know this, right?

Kaboom? Buddy, 120 is the initial order. Mark 2 with uprated F414 GE engine, etc. is pretty much a guaranteed order. When I said, initial, I meaning the beginning of more.

So when will LCA become another mig 21

So why is India having single engine fighter competition then ?

The single engine competition could be a way to let HAL know that LCA had failed. There are enough stubborn people who would not give up a failed project. They are waiting for Indian government to make an announcement like how they did with gave up Arjun. In reality, LCA and Arjun are equally failed.

When I said, initial, I meaning the beginning of more
Yet india is not actually increasing the productions line as much to replace the jets but is actually looking for entirely new jet on New assembly lines, Either indian planners are plain dumb or youre just overestimating LCA capabilities

Yet india is not actually increasing the productions line as much to replace the jets but is actually looking for entirely new jet on New assembly lines, Either indian planners are plain dumb or youre just overestimating LCA capabilities

A light fighter competition is to tell HAL to quit LCA and start a new project. I don't know how Indian government can make it more clear. Could HAL take a hint and announce the graceful cancellation of the LCA project? No one would make fun of India if India cancel LCA. On other hand, they would see India waking up.

A light fighter competition is to tell HAL to quit LCA and start a new project. I don't know how Indian government can make it more clear. Could HAL take a hint and announce the graceful cancellation of the LCA project? No one would make fun of India if India cancel LCA. On other hand, they would see India waking up.
Clearly stop HAL's funding. The govt should not waste anymore taxpayers money.

Get a new team and new project and use whatever knowledge gained from LCA and use it one something like LCA reloaded, but with entirely different set of project team

When mark 2 is ready, it'll get more orders, period. That is the variant IAF mostly wants, regardless, it extended the order for the initial version by 100. The 2 production lines, another smaller one is enough for Tejas.

This government also wants a MII fighter jet, with tech transfer under the private sector(TATA, etc). This produces a HAL competitor. This is also about capacity building, for the newcomers, as well as filling the sqd requirements.

The 2 production lines, another smaller one is enough for Tejas.
Enough for TEJAS, LOL what does that mean.

The production line is there to cater for demand not because it is for TEJAS. HAd Tejas proved upto mark they would have set up few more plants with private players too. But ofc it hasn't, so they're seeking new players from international market.

That remains to be seen

Enough for TEJAS, LOL what does that mean.

The production line is there to cater for demand not because it is for TEJAS. HAd Tejas proved upto mark they would have set up few more plants with private players too. But ofc it hasn't, so they're seeking new players from international market.

For the current initial order of 123, it is enough, mark 2 isnt ready. It's pointless making another production line.

HAL is the OEM of Tejas. It's NOT going to go to the private sector. HAL will use them to produce major modules, which is happening.

The new single engine fighter, however, will go the the private sector.

That remains to be seen

Actually, it's more guaranteed than IAF extending the order for the initial version, which out of the blue happened. Tejas with the uprated engine, etc. is a demand from the IAF to the designer.

And why is that ? When after 30 plus years in pursuing this project ?

To create another competitor to HAL in producing fighter jets. The private sector has just enter defence, aerospace. Reliance, TATAs, Mahindras, etc. are all trying to raise plants in armour, aerospace, etc.

HAL controls Tejas. They will not let any private sector player just produce it. They lobbied against TATA getting Airbus C295 production, this failed. Now they will have another competitor producing fighter jets.

The single engined tender is three things really.
1.) fill sqd level
2.) create defence aerospace ecosystem under the private sector
3.) ToT, which Rafale originally was supposed to give.

I am totally fine with the thought of TATAs, Mahindras, etc. produce F16INs, Gripen. Welcome move.

Aye, So Tejas cant be produced by Private players yet foreign more reliable and mature platform can be procured. What a waste of resources and poor planning

Already told you several times, HAL will not let this happen. They pretty much control the platform.

Back
Top Bottom