What's new

Why is there no formal military alliance between all Arab countries?

This is all good and well my friend but even if there are political differences among leaderships (those in power) or even differences in governmental systems (similarly in the EU there are monarchies and republics, right-wing governments, left-wing governments, those in the middle, populist ones etc.), those relatively small differences should be put aside.

My theory is simply that Arab leaders have not learned from what disunity/horrific wars like the WW1 and WW2 can do to a continent/region. Maybe the post Arab Spring chaos have changed this for the better. Either that or they are not mature enough to leave aside silly differences. That and conflict + external meddling.

Anyway as I wrote, if the Arab League had evolved into a military/security/economic organization (effective at that too) it could have prevented senseless conflicts such as Syria, Libya and Yemen and if not prevented such conflicts, at least created a consensus policy in terms of policies and what to do. Instead, as seen in Syria for instance, we had many different Arab policies and priorities. Some supported Al-Assad, others opposed his regime, others were neutral etc. There was not really a common or majority view (maybe there was a majority view of wanting him gone) but you know what I mean.

Maybe I have unrealistic expectations, after all the EU did not stop internal European divisions, the Ukraine war being a great example of this, but after all EU is made up of 100's of different ethnic groups with often a very bloody history, long rivalries, very different cultures, languages etc. which is not exactly the case in the Arab world despite the internal diversity.
Bro.. you are generalizing too much about Arab leaders.. there are 4 or 5 still out of it and being brought to reason .. while the majority out of 22 Arab countries are already coordinating well between them..

Brixit too was a good example of failures in the EU..

Your heart is not part of it at this level.. this is on the Arab hearts only.. so we can understand you.. just read my post before this one.. post # 30..

Of course..since you're not An Arab..it is normal..

But what’s it’s meaning?

Bro.. you are generalizing too much about Arab leaders.. there are 4 or 5 still out of it and being brought to reason .. while the majority out of 22 Arab countries are already coordinating well between them..

Brixit too was a good example of failures in the EU..

Maybe I am, after all I am looking at it from the outside and when I look at the immense potential of the Arab world, immense resources, huge population, historical weight and imperial past and compare that with events in the modern era, outside meddling, internal divisions, failed entities, bad leaders etc. it is a sad sight. Don't misunderstand me, I am pro-Arab, always will be, but I see many similarities with Pakistan in terms of unfulfilled potential. It is a common theme in the Muslim/developing world. I just think that people have naturally higher expectations for Arabs due to history and the enormous resources and potential at play. You guys border each other from the Atlantic Ocean to the Arabian Sea. You speak the same language. Share the same wider culture, traditions etc. So obviously outsiders expect more than if say Indonesians and Turks united who are completely alien apart from being majority Muslim. Or Malaysians and North Nigerians who have the same "problem". Or Bosniaks and Somalis. You get my point.

Another thing, the Muslim world really lacks the ability of self-criticism and critical thinking.

Maybe I am, after all I am looking at it from the outside and when I look at the immense potential of the Arab world, immense resources, huge population, historical weight and imperial past and compare that with events in the modern era, outside meddling, internal divisions, failed entities, bad leaders etc. it is a sad sight. Don't misunderstand me, I am pro-Arab, always will be, but I see many similarities with Pakistan in terms of unfulfilled potential. It is a common theme in the Muslim/developing world. I just think that people have naturally higher expectations for Arabs due to history and the enormous resources and potential at play. You guys border each other from the Atlantic Ocean to the Arabian Sea. You speak the same language. Share the same wider culture, traditions etc. So obviously outsiders expect more than if say Indonesians and Turks united who are completely alien apart from being majority Muslim. Or Malaysians and North Nigerians who have the same "problem". Or Bosniaks and Somalis. You get my point.

Another thing, the Muslim world really lacks the ability of self-criticism and critical thinking.
I've got your point perfectly.. you just need to understand that Arabs today like to keep their advances confidential between them.. and not even between all of them.. only the trusted ones.. and this because of the outside meddling as you know and have stated it well..

But what’s it’s meaning?
The Arab heart.. bro

Do a Yemen charity appeal search. No Arab organization shows up on the first page. This is the first result. https://www.savethechildren.org.au/about-us/childrens-charity-work/donate-to-yemen-crisis-appeal
Saudi Arabia alone has given more aid to Yemen than all the world together.. mind you the Houthis are are an Iranian proxy diverting all Yemeni UN aid to itself.. but it can't do that with the Saudi aid.. because it is precise for the Yemeni population and Government..

Do your search and keep your Ordu poisoned information to yourself..

Saudi Arabia alone has given more aid to Yemen than all the world together.. mind you the Houthis are are an Iranian proxy diverting all Yemeni UN aid to itself.. but it can't do that with the Saudi aid.. because it is precise for the Yemeni population and Government..

Do your search and keep your Ordu poisoned information to yourself..
If Saudi Arabia gave so much why do I see UNICEF appeal for individual donations from the world community. And I didn't see any Arab charity appeal for Yemen on the Google first page. That is not poisoned information. It is a fact. Maybe they should be more prominent if they exist. When I watch Islamic programs it is common to see advertisements run by non Arab Muslims appealing for donations to Yemen, with evidence of widespread misery, disease, starvation, and suffering. If you consider this a poisonous information, then know the difference between ego and heart. Ego is never more important than saving a life.

Personally, I only care about science and technology.: the research papers cited by others, the technological inventions, etc.

Arts oriented fields are also important to nurture but our greatest need in the 21st century is to join the rest of the world in science and technology.

By that metric, there is nothing in the Arab or Islamic that is even remotely competitive to the West, China, Japan, etc.
The US has backed both China, Japan and Europe especially through the Marshal plan.. they have never supported Arab or Muslim countries in that regard.. but there are a whole lot of research papers produced by Arab and Muslim scientists that are not published worldwide.. only locally or on a regional basis.. Nevertheless..some are very potent and important..

If Saudi Arabia gave so much why do I see UNICEF appeal for individual donations from the world community. And I didn't see any Arab charity appeal for Yemen on the Google first page. That is not poisoned information. It is a fact. Maybe they should be more prominent if they exist. When I watch Islamic programs it is common to see advertisements run by non Arab Muslims appealing for donations to Yemen, with evidence of widespread misery, disease, starvation, and suffering. If you consider this a poisonous information, then know the difference between ego and heart. Ego is never more important than saving a life.
Do your search promptly and see for yourself how much billions of dollars in donations has been given to Yemen just from KSA and the UAE throughout the years.. if someone has to look at his ego or ignorance that'll be you..

Do your search promptly and see for yourself how much billions of dollars in donations has been given to Yemen just from KSA and the UAE throughout the years.. if someone has to look at his ego or ignorance that'll be you..
Why me? I didn't cause the Yemen crisis. By what you said we shouldn't be seeing these.

https://sadaqa.org.au/projects/97/yemen-water-station

It's all in the hands of Saudis if they wanted Muslims to be taken seriously they would start taking the OIC to the ears and not the back of their head. The first step would be to stop the Yemen war and all the proxy wars with the Iranians invite peace and hold military exercises with a Muslim army command like NATO from OIC based in the Middle East. This would in turn keep the Israelis in check and help the middle east prosper.

But that's a far dream. However, this infighting has been happening among Muslims since the passing of The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) its highly unlikely it would change.

In March 2014, a local court in Egypt sentenced 529 supporters of former President Morsi to death. On April 28th, the same court in Egypt sentenced 683 Brotherhood supporters to death, including the supreme leader of the Brotherhood, Mohamed Badia.
98F1675F-0DEE-4AD6-A949-E27066860247_w1080_h608_s.jpg

Last edited:
Neither Saudi Arabia caused the Yemen crisis.. civil war was there for almost 70 years in a row.. and now Iran wanted to capitalize on that by creating and backing the Houthi tribe proxy.. right on the borders of KSA.. and that is not allowed..

All biased sources anti Saudi Arabia.. even the UNHR section was found to be biased and was exposed publicly.. do your thorough search.. those are Houthi proxy of Iran and their supporter..
KSA exposed them and their false claims.. and it is still supporting Yemen and fighting those Iranian proxies..

Last edited:
To my knowledge, not a single Arab country in modern history has achieved to become industrial, military, economic or technology power that is similar level to Germany, the core axis of EU.

Back
Top Bottom