What's new

Why is Pakistan afraid of international perception when testing its ICBM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just Tamur ICBM missiles, Pakistan need to grow more muscles other issues problems (i.e navy, helicopters, airforces, radars, stealth, submarines as possible, terrorisms, governments, poverty, leaderships, etc). Apart from useless nukes, we are very weak in lack of unity and disciplines, people didn't get common sense to make our Pakistan strong.

Pakistan should test to destroy Predator drones, which was unsuccessfully since 2008 diplomatically.

Please define this "himmat" as you are using it here, so that I may understand your question better.

You know how Pakistani foreign policy works these days.

Hum XYZ kaheinge, toh Amreek woh kahay ga, hum yeh jawab deinge toh Amreeka ki eyebrow itni ooper jayegi, hum cheenkh maareinge woh khansi karega. Toh bass XYZ kaho hi na...

Everything ends the same way.

You know how Pakistani foreign policy works these days.

Hum XYZ kaheinge, toh Amreek woh kahay ga, hum yeh jawab deinge toh Amreeka ki eyebrow itni ooper jayegi, hum cheenkh maareinge woh khansi karega. Toh bass XYZ kaho hi na...

Everything ends the same way.

Yes, but there are two main reasons for that: the people in charge, and the crumbling national foundations.

Until those two things are rectified, things will carry on the same way as you have pithily described them.

Taimur is 7000km, full on ICBM.

India won't go beyond 5000?

Well we have been hearing about Taimur for quite some time
But you have to test it to prove that it exist , or atleast show even some designs or pics

And by the way India doesnot really need more than 5000-6000 Km range coz we are not going to use it against anyone expect China
By the way Agni V has 5000 km range with 1.5 ton Warhead
with just a single 600 kg , 150 kt warhead , which is the biggest nuclear warhead operated by India , it can easily hit 8000 Km

But My guess is that India is more interested in using it with 4 MIRV of 250 Kg 50 KT WARHEADS , and 2 Decoys , with a range of 5000 Km

It is the economy that is holding us back. When we developed Shaheen missile series, people had more to eat and there was no energy shortage in fact we had energy surplus. After more than a decade of WOT and huge mismanagement at government level, we simply can not afford to develop new missiles. The reason goes both ways. First is the cost of development and the other is the external costs imposed by outside actors on our economy. India has made its economy so huge that even if those outside actors wanted to impose some kind of sanctions, they could not since it would only hurt themselves.

Our situation has become different. Till the end of 1990's there was no difference between India and Pakistan. But since then things have changed. Pakistan's traditional western allies have left Pakistan to make friendship with India and Pakistan has not been able to make new alliances to take the place of west. That is why India can get away with it and we have problems. If our economy gets on track then everything else will follow.

A question here.

Shaheen II and Shaheen III are solid fueled right?

And by the way India doesnot really need more than 5000-6000 Km range coz we are not going to use it against anyone expect China

We are not going to be using it against China either. Or against any other country.

The use of a nuke and its delivery vehicle - both duly demonstrated in the public domain without ambiguity - is to prevent their use.

If you were to use it, you are already finished. It matters little what happens to the other guy.

P.S. Nice bike!

Let us make one thing very clear. Neither Pakistan nor anybody else is concerned with so called "international" perception or pressure. It's just American (USA) meddling and political interference in the international arena that affects Pakistan, Iran, North Korea and many other countries from freely carrying out their duties.

Not just Tamur ICBM missiles, Pakistan need to grow more muscles other issues problems (i.e navy, helicopters, airforces, radars, stealth, submarines as possible, terrorisms, governments, poverty, leaderships, etc). Apart from useless nukes, we are very weak in lack of unity and disciplines, people didn't get common sense to make our Pakistan strong.

Pakistan should test to destroy Predator drones, which was unsuccessfully since 2008 diplomatically.

yup pakistan also needs to reach monn in 5 yrs.

What possible reason can India have for testing a missile that goes beyond 10,000 kms.

Which is the only target that does not fall within that fire cover circle?

How does India justify a test of such a missile?

The only way I can think of is have everything in place and wait for or create a point of friction/"incident".

And then test within weeks.

The US will always choose No.3 over No.2 push comes to shove.

But have no illusions - there WILL be some serious pushing and shoving when the time comes.

The way i see India and USA would have a very close relationship in future though India would not be part of any NATO kind of arrangement with them , creating point of friction just to test a 10k range missile would not be a wise move and will deteriorate our relationship further. Though there is no second thoughts from my side that we need to keep the missile ready .

When India finally decides that It is the right time to sign either the NPT or CTBT , we can play that card in exchange for Indias missile test , so that USA can tell its people that they finally ensured India sign those important treaties .

Probably India can even announce a no first use policy of 10k range missile which should calm them down a bit ... my two cents

Well we have been hearing about Taimur for quite some time
But you have to test it to prove that it exist , or atleast show even some designs or pics

By the way Agni V has 5000 km range with 1.5 ton Warhead
with just a single 600 kg , 150 kt warhead , which is the biggest nuclear warhead operated by India , it can easily hit 8000 Km

But My guess is that India is more interested in using it with 4 MIRV of 250 Kg 50 KT WARHEADS , and 2 Decoys , with a range of 5000 Km
It doesn't work that way you see with increased range the path of the missile, its velocity, height at which it enters/leaves the atmosphere & what not all these factors change btw you just can't simulate this on a test bed(supercomputer) you'll have to test it out in an open field to see if it works that's why rocket science isn't a layman's job.

The way i see India and USA would have a very close relationship in future though India would not be part of any NATO kind of arrangement with them , creating point of friction just to test a 10k range missile would not be a wise move and will deteriorate our relationship further. Though there is no second thoughts from my side that we need to keep the missile ready .

When India finally decides that It is the right time to sign either the NPT or CTBT , we can play that card in exchange for Indias missile test , so that USA can tell its people that they finally ensured India sign those important treaties .

Probably India can even announce a no first use policy of 10k range missile which should calm them down a bit ... my two cents

NPT and CTBT are the grossest form of nuclear apartheid. India should NEVER budge on either. What did we endure sanctions for the majority of my generation's lives if we were to bend now when we can actually buck the same and are way better off than what we were in the 70s, 80s, and 90s?

Do you see any of the top 5 giving up their nukes and missiles? Well my friend, they have a headstart of half a century over us. What little they do as window dressing is not near enough to warrant any letting up on our part.

Let them come down first. We will continue to arm till where we feel we need to for credible deterrent. When and IF there is parity, that can be the ONLY point at which there is a MUTUAL stand-down.

Anything less and we have subjugated our future generations to also rans.

BTW, there is NO such thing as NO FIRST USE.

With current technology, except for maybe in the case of Pakistan, the first retaliatory nukes will already be streaking across the sky before the first one hits.

And retaliation will not / cannot be measured.

All are names. Ghauri is some Afghan King that defeated Prithvi Raj hence there is a under handed meaning that the Ghauri missile beats Indian Prithvi missile.

Shaheen means Eagle, some Allama Iqbal reference "Tu shaheen hai ..."

I don't know which Taimur is this in reference to.

you dont knw who is Taimur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom