What's new

Why is Pakistan afraid of international perception when testing its ICBM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite frankly, we don't have a functional ICBM. We never felt the need for one, who would I want to hit in Europe? We can cover much of India quite fine as it is. We have no desire for any enmity with anyone.

Aha, just the thing I was looking for. How come Europe has missiles that can hit Pakistan? How come we sleep easy know we can be obliterated any time? Whatever happened to MAD?

the fear of talibans getting they hands on ICBM is a problem for the whole world

btw the missile has 5000 km range which isnt too much

Not much? Not enough for Antarctica, so you're safe. :)

But enough for some other parts of the world. ;)

n.b. the range is 5000-5500 km.

What do you think the West, and specifically the US's reaction will be when we cross 10,000 km?

Good question this could be a tricky situation for India too .

however USA knows India already has the technology and know how to cross 10000 km range , its just a matter of few years and the need for India to actually test it . Its a case like everyone knows that Israel has Nukes but Israel itself doesn't want to test it just to prove the point for obvious reasons .

unlike in the past USA cannot impose sanctions on India which will be self defeating for USA , in such a scenario once USA feels that it cannot stop India from testing a missile of that range it may just try to side track the situation in exchange may ask India to be signatory for either NPT or CTBT etc ...

Whats your call on that ?

Aha, just the thing I was looking for. How come Europe has missiles that can hit Pakistan? How come we sleep easy know we can be obliterated any time? Whatever happened to MAD?

Why just look for parity in missiles? How about other things too, which actually lay the foundation for missiles too, amongst other things? You know, things like universal education, good health care, functioning governance, infrastructure, stuff like that?

India won't go beyond 5000?

first of all this missile is 8000km, india is mind ******* the west. its not 5000km. any missile expert would know it. and yes yest we heard from drdo scientist, india is all set to go ahead whenever we need it.

Quite frankly, we don't have a functional ICBM. We never felt the need for one, who would I want to hit in Europe? We can cover much of India quite fine as it is. We have no desire for any enmity with anyone.

But we need SLV capability. Why should Pakistan not have the ability to maintain its own fleet of geosync and spy satellites?

Cover India, have a little shadow over Israel, thats fine.

No need for an ICBM really.

India wants to counter China, and make itself a superpower, we don't.

We don't want to get the US in tantrums now do we?

Cover India, have a little shadow over Israel, thats fine.

No need for an ICBM really.

India wants to counter China, and make itself a superpower, we don't.

We don't want to get the US in tantrums now do we?

So basically India main zyada himmat hai?

Good question this could be a tricky situation for India too .

however USA knows India already has the technology and know how to cross 10000 km range , its just a matter of few years and the need for India to actually test it . Its a case like everyone knows that Israel has Nukes but Israel itself doesn't want to test it just to prove the point for obvious reasons .

unlike in the past USA cannot impose sanctions on India which will be self defeating for USA , in such a scenario once USA feels that it cannot stop India from testing a missile of that range it may just try to side track the situation in exchange may ask India to be signatory for either NPT or CTBT etc ...

Whats your call on that ?

What possible reason can India have for testing a missile that goes beyond 10,000 kms.

Which is the only target that does not fall within that fire cover circle?

How does India justify a test of such a missile?

The only way I can think of is have everything in place and wait for or create a point of friction/"incident".

And then test within weeks.

The US will always choose No.3 over No.2 push comes to shove.

But have no illusions - there WILL be some serious pushing and shoving when the time comes.

300 mil is not a big amount that will stop us to spend it is the sanctions and world response that might stop us

but i think since india have done it pakistanies will come up with an answer soon ( this is what i believe )

TARIQ

Why would Pakistan need to answer Agni 5 which has a range of 5000 km. When ever India does something pakistanis always want to answer that, may be you should look into other fields where India progressed and answer that.

Why just look for parity in missiles? How about other things too, which actually lay the foundation for missiles too, amongst other things? You know, things like universal education, good health care, functioning governance, infrastructure, stuff like that?

Exactly, we are not afraid of say trying to be better educated, best educated, people in the world. The same way why are we afraid of having missiles reach anywhere in the world?

So basically India main zyada himmat hai?

Please define this "himmat" as you are using it here, so that I may understand your question better.

Exactly, we are not afraid of say trying to be better educated, best educated, people in the world. The same way why are we afraid of having missiles reach anywhere in the world?

Because education and other things I mentioned above lay the foundation for real ability and achievement that creates "courage" (if that is the word that describes "himmat")?

india meain zyada himmat , paisa, dimag, facilities aur woh sab kuch hai jo aap nahi bana sakte.

Dekho zara, see this is how proud person, non fearing of 'consequences' should be. A little less obnoxious preferably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom