What's new

Why is Pakistan afraid of international perception when testing its ICBM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does actually.

Whenever i hear power projection, i just picture, Aircraft carriers with CBGs.

With CBG you can establish control over a theater, but with ICBMs, not sure one can achieve more than destroying far away enemy assets.

Go and check this thread in it you will find Iranian forum members being very positive but not only that if you go through the entire thread you will see Iranian and Pakistani sources confirming Iranians wishing for ever closer relations. I am somewhat surprised that with American/Israeli Iranian animosity and Indians allowing themselves to be allowed to an American proxy that you are surprised and ask the question. Oh and Iranians along with China Russia and Pakistan want India to have no such role

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...s-call-strong-iran-pakistan-relationship.html

There is good friendship between pak/iran agree. But behaviour of forum members with each
other cannot be taken into account as actual international relation. Take for instance Russia-china.
In the actual global relation, their friends, but look how members like ptldM3 are attacking
chinese members and combating against each other in threads :lol: might wanna check out
the J-20 thread again.

What has Pakistan done to merit that change? Phattu is the word I have for our leaders.

This is what we should be in such situations

EP - Djuice - Shor Macha [HQ] - YouTube

Shor macha, awaz utha. Hai tujh main dum toh kadum utha.

What evidence do you have that Pakistan is scared. I believe that when it is a case of supreme national interest we will not care of international perception. eg when we did the nukes test

Also I have noticed west pretend to have victories and Indians ape them some time but Pakistan is much more humble about its achievements. It took us 10 years and the admission by an Indian General and point 5353 for it to be accepted that Pakistan got the better of India at kargill.

I would expect Cheng to use a negative title not you. You can hold the same discussion by saying Pakistan is not scared But anyway you started the thread and if you dont want to accept my suggestion I will not be offended

I wish there were no nukes, and no ballistic missiles in the world. Truth is there are 6 officially declared nations in the world that have the ability to nuke Pakistan whenever they want to. This assures me that they are not afraid of MAD and may use nukes against us. One of those nations has already used nukes to level cities. Another has fought wars with us.

We have just the capability to assure MAD with India and that is done and I'm sure that will ensure India never nukes us and we never nuke them in non worst possible cast scenarios.

Everybody else can nuke us just because they don't like our face and not fear any reprisal attacks from us.

I agree completely. Pakistan needs credible deterrence.

Especially at the rate Pakistan exports Islamic terror around the world, someone somewhere sometime is going to say enough is enough.

It's annoying...

Its in response to what for us is amusing.

Perhaps that is what makes it annoying to you.

India-Pakistan is not a unique case study globally to what would happen were a culture and people unable to be converted en masse into a homogenous single religious entity.

The difference is simply that we both have nukes. And we are so bloody big.

Factor in China and one realises that we are talking about 40% of the human race.

Especially at the rate Pakistan exports Islamic terror around the world, someone somewhere sometime is going to say enough is enough.

I suggest you re-phrase that, there may have been Pakistani citizens involved in some incidents, but are you implying the State sponsors and supports these activities. !! ??

There is good friendship between pak/iran agree. But behaviour of forum members with each
other cannot be taken into account as actual international relation. Take for instance Russia-china.
In the actual global relation, their friends, but look how members like ptldM3 are attacking
chinese members and combating against each other in threads :lol: might wanna check out
the J-20 thread again.

You chose to read selectively. Go back and look at the Iranian leaders comments they chime with forum members views

What evidence do you have that Pakistan is scared. I believe that when it is a case of supreme national interest we will not care of international perception. eg when we did the nukes test
Or when we had nothing coming in from Amreeka to fill our pockets. So we will test ICBM when America stops bribing us?

Iss khulay jhoot ko, zehn ki loot ko, Main nahi maanta, main nahi jaanta.

I would expect Cheng to use a negative title not you. You can hold the same discussion by saying Pakistan is not scared But anyway you started the thread and if you dont want to accept my suggestion I will not be offended

I will change the title when they show me their himmat. That's all they got to do. America comes drops bombs in Pakistan, we don't respond. We are not afraid. Americans come kill Pakistanis in Lahore, we are not afraid. They kill our soldiers, we don't respond, we are not afraid. We are never afraid, just appear as buzdils.

At least mere andar himmat hai to call buzdils, a buzdil.

Main bhee kha’if naheen takhta e daar say,
Main bhee Mansoor hoon, keh do aghyaar say,
Kyun daraatay ho zindaan ki divar say,
Zulm ki baat ko,
Jehel ki raat ko,
Main naheen maanta,
Main naheen jaanta.

Go and check this thread in it you will find Iranian forum members being very positive but not only that if you go through the entire thread you will see Iranian and Pakistani sources confirming Iranians wishing for ever closer relations. I am somewhat surprised that with American/Israeli Iranian animosity and Indians allowing themselves to be allowed to an American proxy that you are surprised and ask the question. Oh and Iranians along with China Russia and Pakistan want India to have no such role

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...s-call-strong-iran-pakistan-relationship.html

So what's different to what I just said?

It would suit Pakistan to reach out to Iran - your leaders calling for that is testimony to the same.

I do not believe that Iran would be responding to such in any concrete form beyond the usual feel-good platitudes of Muslim brotherhood.

Iran is serious about getting into the big boy's club. Why would they jeopardize that by starting off with a serious credibility disadvantage in associating with what is seen the world over today as a global terror risk and a state in a downward spiral?

They might as well reach out to North Korea beyond the obvious geographical seperation.

Not to mention that you guys have some serious issues - both religious and regional. Issues where Iran's interests are better served elsewhere.

A situation where Pakistan is at best a liability - in reality a thinly veiled adversary.

Or when we had nothing coming in from Amreeka to fill our pockets. So we will test ICBM when America stops bribing us?

Iss khulay jhoot ko, zehn ki loot ko, Main nahi maanta, main nahi jaanta.

I will change the title when they show me their himmat. That's all they got to do. America comes drops bombs in Pakistan, we don't respond. We are not afraid. Americans come kill Pakistanis in Lahore, we are not afraid. They kill our soldiers, we don't respond, we are not afraid. We are never afraid, just appear as buzdils.

At least mere andar himmat hai to call buzdils, a buzdil.

Main bhee kha’if naheen takhta e daar say,
Main bhee Mansoor hoon, keh do aghyaar say,
Kyun daraatay ho zindaan ki divar say,
Zulm ki baat ko,
Jehel ki raat ko,
Main naheen maanta,
Main naheen jaanta.

Mate no matter what you say Pakistanis as a people fear nothing but Allah. You can not brush us all with same brush as a few traitors. On the other side Indians may have the odd brave person but on the whole they are a timid lot. lol

So what's different to what I just said?

It would suit Pakistan to reach out to Iran - your leaders calling for that is testimony to the same.

I do not believe that Iran would be responding to such in any concrete form beyond the usual feel-good platitudes of Muslim brotherhood.

Iran is serious about getting into the big boy's club. Why would they jeopardize that by starting off with a serious credibility disadvantage in associating with what is seen the world over today as a global terror risk and a state in a downward spiral?

They might as well reach out to North Korea beyond the obvious geographical seperation.

Not to mention that you guys have some serious issues - both religious and regional. Issues where Iran's interests are better served elsewhere.

A situation where Pakistan is at best a liability - in reality a thinly veiled adversary.

Once again flying an Indian flag you seem to be selective in what you choose to read. In some of those articles it is clear what the Iranian leaders and their position is and it answers the question that you posed

India main zyada himmat hai?

expanse of PRC is vast so we needed A 5 and west knows it

in case of A 6 we will have excuse that we need it in order to fire from safe location like Odisha and still cover whole china

Pak hasn't such excuse neither situation is in its favor

though it cant be said that Pak cant develop ICBM

Mate no matter what you say Pakistanis as a people fear nothing but Allah. You can not brush us all with same brush as a few traitors. On the other side Indians may have the odd brave person but on the whole they are a timid lot. lol

I agree, thats why I refuse to take this show of buzdili from Pakistan standing down. Because the way we are behaving shows ke hum Indians jese buzdil logon se bhi zyada buzdil hain. Humare liay toh yeh doob marne ka makaam hona chahiye. OR lets do something about it and change this government that insists on making us buzdils.

I agree, thats why I refuse to take this show of buzdili from Pakistan standing down. Because the way we are behaving shows ke hum Indians jese buzdil logon se bhi zyada buzdil hain. Humare liay toh yeh doob marne ka makaam hona chahiye. OR lets do something about it and change this government that insists on making us buzdils.

gotta go mate come back to you later

I suggest you re-phrase that, there may have been Pakistani citizens involved in some incidents, but are you implying the State sponsors and supports these activities. !! ??

Sorry. No one except a Pakistani buys into the non-state actor phraseology.

You guys are on very thin ice. Even your Army Chief realizes that.

Your state sponsors international terror - India, Afghanistan. Maybe even China.

Your state provides refuge, funds, arms, training to international terrorists.

You state uses terror to fight proxy wars - because conventional wars with conventional forces are deemed too costly now, both in blood, money, and territory.

These are all statements backed by countries other than mine.

There is no implication here.

You chose to read selectively. Go back and look at the Iranian leaders comments they chime with forum members views

I did not. I gave you an example that behaviour of forum members cannot be taken as the actual
international relation.

A few more examples -

The thread which carries news that India signed deals with Saudi Arabia for joint development/production of weapons was full of Mosamiya v/s pakistani members spewing venom on each other. Does it mean pakistan and KSA are no longer friends? No.

The thread which quotes Oman's selection of INSAS rifle for their army ended up with pakistani members
calling omanis inappropirately (literally "stu*id") Does not that mean Oman and pak cut ties? No.

^^search those threads in PDF and you'll know what i mean.

A lot happens among forum members here, but that cannot be taken into account as affecting foreign relations. Comparing members' behaviour to actual relations wouldn't be correct. Quoting the words of actual national leaders is good. thats my point.

Bad ideas go through their own life cycle. Sometimes they last for decades or even centuries.

For example Communism was once regarded as a panacea but now people know better.

Sometimes the misconceptions need to be given their own space to fail.

Perhaps some people probably needed to live through the Taliban regime in Afghanistan before they realized that fanaticism is a bad idea.

Abrasive hectoring may not always be useful. Firmness and strength, tempered with sympathy and patience, is preferable in some cases.

Anyway, this is going off-topic.

I agree with you. Every idea has a life of its own.

In the end only truth will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom