What's new

Why is Pakistan afraid of international perception when testing its ICBM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
question -Why is Pakistan afraid of international perception when testing its ICBM ?

ANSWER (assuming u have one )1- lack of self reliance .economy of pakistan will not be able to sustain, its already in a mess and will further go down if sanctions are applied .( as its too dependent on other countries specially usa).

2-pakistan is already accused openly as a nuclear profilerator ( A.Q. Khan incident) thus will certainly increase the risk of profileration of icbm tech to countries like north korea or iran for which their is an open opposition towards their missile development as they are targeted towards western allies i.e israel and south korea .

3-pakistan cannot afford to completely detoriate its relations with usa.

ps -thats my opinion i maybe wrong

pakistan is a peace loving country with no power projection ambitions... pakistani politicians harp on this tune while they stuff their pockets with aid.. and internationally showing off pakistans capability over this range would be counter productive

Many are thinking pak's economy does not permit ICBM but thats not the real problem.
The military gets whatever it wants outta the "economy" since their constitution doesn't have any social/economic/development goals as it is, obssesed with India and always throwning all their pennies at "defence".

The actual problem is the technical capability that pakistan's industry doesn't have. This entire
so-called ICBM is a myth. Even a proper IRBM (3500-4000km) hasn't been developed as yet, all this belief that says that pak "has IRBMs/ICBMs with MIRVs but is reluctent to test them" is...well, next to what they call funny.

An intercontinental missile is not just a missile with three stages, and a nose cone where "nuclear bombs" are put. Theres much more to it. The guidance systems and actuators, the boosters, the inertial navigation at such long ranges, is very sensitive technology that is owned by a select club of countries with proper labs, research facilities, testing/evalution centers, and ofcourse an economy that can sustain all this research
from scratch.

A country like pakistan that doesn't have any impressive facilities, research centers/labs where high-tech research can be do itself shows the fact that the country is still decades away from perfecting anything comparable to Agni-5.

The other "friends" of pakistan (i.e. china) who would give it the tech it needs wouldn't do their job in this case because of various obvious reasons. They helped pak a LOT over the years giving tech for SSMs/SRBMs/MRBMs which are basically enough for its present and forseeable needs. But if they help pak more with IRBMs/ICBMs, they would allow pakistan to able to target their own mainland, regardless of how much help they give, they still wouldn't want that to happen.

China is already having enough with a second ICBM country in Asia right in their own backyard, this itself has rather much clogged/destroyed china's image as the only real Asian country with intercontinental reach, an emergence of YET ANOTHER (eventhough not an adversary) would further clog their image, and china doesn't like that to happen, irrespective of how much they help pak, no offence, but you have to agree china is not exactly an unselfish country.

The other alternative pakistan has to get tech is North Korea. But unfortunately, their own long-range missile has ended up as a failure. Unlikely they can transfer tech, or pak would be interested in it after its failure.

All in all, it is a myth that pakistan can build its own IRBM (forget ICBM), they need extensive foreign help and it seems unlikely they'll get any now, not if for further range.:disagree:

pakistan is a peace loving country with no power projection ambitions...

No country loves war. They only love their interests, and sometimes to secure their
interests, they go to war.:rolleyes:

Of course I knew the answer man. I'm at least as well educated as you are.

Well I answered you just the same, one asks questions that they don't know the answer to, my bad I guess. Are we seriously going to waste time here discussing how Pakistani missile names hurt India's feelings? On their use they are capable to burn, decimate and mutilate Indians are we seriously going to not let this forum have an intelligent discussion on Pakistan's internal politics because you asked a question and got a straight answer to it?

Well I answered you just the same, one asks questions that they don't know the answer to, my bad I guess. Are we seriously going to waste time here discussing how Pakistani missile names hurt India's feelings? On their use they are capable to burn, decimate and mutilate Indians are we seriously going to not let this forum have an intelligent discussion on Pakistan's internal politics because you asked a question and got a straight answer to it?

Not at all.

You in turn got pretty straight opinions on that from us as well.

Helps clear the air.

After all the thread is about international perception and we are helping you see ours of you.

Seeing you name your missiles after foreign invaders is just another addition to a long list of uniquely Pakistani quirks that stem from a serious identity dissonance.

What your missiles are meant to do to Indians should they be used, is no different from what those invaders did to your ancestors and mine.

The difference is that we revile them as invaders and looters and rapists who were never our own.

While you now consider them to be your own and a part of your history, heritage, and ancestry.

And how you guys rationalize that is still a constant source of amusement to us in particular and the world in general.

pakistan is a peace loving country with no power projection ambitions... pakistani politicians harp on this tune while they stuff their pockets with aid.. and internationally showing off pakistans capability over this range would be counter productive

I don't think ICBM come under power projection.

The fear of Breiviks getting their hands on the western nukes is a grave threat to us. There's no shortage of Breiviks in the west in this age.

Yes, ofcourse.

The real problems with Breiviks is that after killing they say they killed in "self-defence" lol.

I wish there were no nukes, and no ballistic missiles in the world. Truth is there are 6 officially declared nations in the world that have the ability to nuke Pakistan whenever they want to. This assures me that they are not afraid of MAD and may use nukes against us. One of those nations has already used nukes to level cities. Another has fought wars with us.

We have just the capability to assure MAD with India and that is done and I'm sure that will ensure India never nukes us and we never nuke them in non worst possible cast scenarios.

Everybody else can nuke us just because they don't like our face and not fear any reprisal attacks from us.

Not at all.

You in turn got pretty straight opinions on that from us as well.

Helps clear the air.

After all the thread is about international perception and we are helping you see ours of you.

It's annoying...

Asim please can you change the title to Pakistan is not afraid of international perception

It does actually.

No. ICBMs are basically for long-range strike envelope. Their "power projection" levels are rather
minimal because one) their not very visible in public two) their exact capabilities/range/etc. is unknown.
there are missiles in the world which are hard to tell if are IRBMs or ICBMs., since their properties are
kept secret (i.e. Russian RSD-10).

The real power projectors are in fact much less used in direct wars (against other powers),
i.e. aircraft carriers.

Question is - does Iran want to tie up with you?

What do you have to offer which it can't get elsewhere from your enemies or develop themselves?

Why do you believ Iran will come to you - even if its actually you going to them?

Go and check this thread in it you will find Iranian forum members being very positive but not only that if you go through the entire thread you will see Iranian and Pakistani sources confirming Iranians wishing for ever closer relations. I am somewhat surprised that with American/Israeli Iranian animosity and Indians allowing themselves to be allowed to an American proxy that you are surprised and ask the question. Oh and Iranians along with China Russia and Pakistan want India to have no such role

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...s-call-strong-iran-pakistan-relationship.html

PS... that is one of the hall marks of a super-power, can afford to throw away billions on programs with little practical use... ( and also the reason positions of power switch, it takes too much to stay on top. stay near is best)

what with 1 in 6 on food stamps and an unsustainable debt problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom