What's new

Why is India not allowing Bangladeshi TV channels?

IamBengali

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
image_9206_0.jpg

Hey, I always post pro-Indian topics but this time I am posting a slightly 'anti-India' topic. 90 to 95% cable TV channels in Bangladesh are all Indian channels including English channels but India is not allowing Bangladeshi TV channels to air in India. Why? Occasionally one or two Bangla channels are aired in India but not on regular basis. I understand India will not allow most of the Pakistani TV channels since many of these channels show anti-Hindu, anti-India shows and dramas which will create anarchy and tension in India but Bangladeshi TV channels don't air hatred filled shows. Most of the shows in Bangladeshi TV channels are news and talk show based. If Bangladeshi channels were shown frequently in India our Indian brothers and sisters will have more idea about what is going on in Bangladesh. Our 'Natoks' (Drama) are far better than those saas bahu serials in Star Plus in content. Please allow our TV channels. We will allow your movies as well. Win win situation.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Hey, I always post pro-Indian topics but this time I am creating a slightly 'anti-India' topic. 90 to 95% cable TV channels in Bangladesh are all Indian channels including English channels but India is not allowing Bangladeshi TV channels to air in India. Why? Occasionally one or two Bangla channels are aired in India but not on regular basis. I understand India will not allow most of the Pakistani TV channels since many of these channels show anti-Hindu, anti-India shows and dramas which will create anarchy and tension in India but Bangladeshi TV channels don't air hatred filled shows. Most of the shows in Bangladeshi TV channels are news and talk show based. If Bangladeshi channels were shown frequently in India our Indian brothers and sisters will have more idea about what is going on in Bangladesh. Our 'Natoks' (Drama) are far better than those saas bahu serials in Star Plus in content. Please allow our TV channels. We will allow your movies as well. Win win situation. :cheers:

If BD channels are in Bangla then audience for them will be in just West Bengal.
I see no reason why English channels can not be allowed.
But they will find it difficult to compete with Indian channels because the market is already over saturated and there is a cut-throat competition for TRPs which is why you see so many colorful headlines these days :D

Plus many politicians actually own news channels for example NDTV is owned by a some long time congress MPs so they may not want a new competitor.

image_9206_0.jpg

Hey, I always post pro-Indian topics but this time I am posting a slightly 'anti-India' topic. 90 to 95% cable TV channels in Bangladesh are all Indian channels including English channels but India is not allowing Bangladeshi TV channels to air in India. Why? Occasionally one or two Bangla channels are aired in India but not on regular basis. I understand India will not allow most of the Pakistani TV channels since many of these channels show anti-Hindu, anti-India shows and dramas which will create anarchy and tension in India but Bangladeshi TV channels don't air hatred filled shows. Most of the shows in Bangladeshi TV channels are news and talk show based. If Bangladeshi channels were shown frequently in India our Indian brothers and sisters will have more idea about what is going on in Bangladesh. Our 'Natoks' (Drama) are far better than those saas bahu serials in Star Plus in content. Please allow our TV channels. We will allow your movies as well. Win win situation.

because they are the biggest democracy where people are not allowed to watch on there own there govt is responsible to feed there innocent peoples hatrate against neighbors....and than they make excuse tht no one wants to watch them:D when indians are dying to see Pakistani entertainment channels and watch them online on youtube (biggest audience of online Pakistani entertainment are indians) but they are ban in india lolzz, poor indians hope they taste the real democracy and freedom of speech sometime soon and end of hindutva extremism and hatrate against all neighbors.

Hey, I always post pro-Indian topics but this time I am creating a slightly 'anti-India' topic. 90 to 95% cable TV channels in Bangladesh are all Indian channels including English channels but India is not allowing Bangladeshi TV channels to air in India. Why? Occasionally one or two Bangla channels are aired in India but not on regular basis. I understand India will not allow most of the Pakistani TV channels since many of these channels show anti-Hindu, anti-India shows and dramas which will create anarchy and tension in India but Bangladeshi TV channels don't air hatred filled shows. Most of the shows in Bangladeshi TV channels are news and talk show based. If Bangladeshi channels were shown frequently in India our Indian brothers and sisters will have more idea about what is going on in Bangladesh. Our 'Natoks' (Drama) are far better than those saas bahu serials in Star Plus in content. Please allow our TV channels. We will allow your movies as well. Win win situation.

i don't think so Bangladeshi or Pakistani channel is ban in India,may be cable operator or satellite channel operator is not showing interest , no government can stop,it is impossible

for example here in Indonesia when i came 4 year back ,i use to watch all Indian /Pakistani/Bangladeshi free channel,with MP-4 receiver and 8 feet parabola you can catch all free channel signal , now i have d2h videocon ,so limited to Indian channel only

i think it is purely depend on customer demand and business

Really? I think I saw one or two. Pate deoar moto noi.

Many of good Natoks and telefilms in Bangladesh are produced by 'Indian' company 'Bharti Airtel'. You guys will like it even more. Very youth centric. :bounce:

I think Indians channels may put pressure on Indian govt. to ban foreign channels otherwise they will loose viewers.
Where as demand for Indian channels is higher in other countries.

This is just my take on things.

image_9206_0.jpg

there are thousands of channels and its about business..........and trp
BDeshi channels wont survive here.......

and as someone mentioned,the market for BDeshi channels is WB............as others wont understand...........

except the hate channels other channels can be aired in india ...govt. should have no problem......
but the thing is who will watch those.....already there is flood of indian channels...
I don't think..BD can survive the market......

Back
Top Bottom