What's new

Effects of Indian media on Bangladeshi culture

:lol: Indian TV serials i saw same dresses which we wear and same western cloths so you tell me am not gonna watch Indian Movie :D

BTW what you mean by CONSERVATIVE Bollywood Movies ?:D

oye MehJabeen not mehzaaaaaaaaaaaaaabeeennnnnn

You wear saris as well ? Conservative Bollywood movies are those where the girls aren't running around with micro minis and the guys aren't being filmed in Australia or South Africa :D

You wear saris as well ? Conservative Bollywood movies are those where the girls aren't running around with micro minis and the guys aren't being filmed in Australia or South Africa :D

What are you doing in Zimbabwe? :partay:

Surprising to see our serials and companies/ brands have so much influence in Bangladesh.

He posts pictures of himself. He has a hot black girlfriend now :D. I think Lagos is more lively city. Have you been there?

Lagos is dangerous. Went there some years ago. I really don't know where all the Indians come from in Nigeria :D

Yeh i do.

Hmmm so will these probably be Tamil movies?

these days am trying to watch

Man I am kind of jealous. I want to go to Africa. Harare is pretty developed city I heard? How does it compare to Delhi?

Harare can't be compared to Delhi. Delhi is more metropolitan and developed. Harare has many infrastructure problems, even in its wealthier suburbs. Delhi is a larger version of Durban in South Africa. Africa is not for the feint hearted though. Indian culture is found in most parts of Southern Africa including Namibia and mostly throughout South Africa and Zimbabwe. In Southern Africa and especially in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Swaziland and large parts of Zimbabwe, Mozambique etc you will feel at home. The cleanliness and order situation is much better than most of India. For example, don't try ignoring a line of people waiting for service in a fast food outlet or a supermarket and go to the front (which is common in Delhi). You will get a beating. Also don't try spitting or urinating on the street or blowing your horn on your car like Delhi drivers do. The cops will kill you :D

Yeh i do.

There are quite a few Hindi or Urdu movies which were recently released by Bollywood which still epitomize the conservative lifestyle and culture of Indians. They unfortunately are not promoted by the big showcase producers

Harare can't be compared to Delhi. Delhi is more metropolitan and developed. Harare has many infrastructure problems, even in its wealthier suburbs. Delhi is a larger version of Durban in South Africa. Africa is not for the feint hearted though. Indian culture is found in most parts of Southern Africa including Namibia and mostly throughout South Africa and Zimbabwe. In Southern Africa and especially in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Swaziland and large parts of Zimbabwe, Mozambique etc you will feel at home. The cleanliness and order situation is much better than most of India. For example, don't try ignoring a line of people waiting for service in a fast food outlet or a supermarket and go to the front (which is common in Delhi). You will get a beating. Also don't try spitting or urinating on the street or blowing your horn on your car like Delhi drivers do. The cops will kill you :D

There are quite a few Hindi or Urdu movies which were recently released by Bollywood which still epitomize the conservative lifestyle and culture of Indians. They unfortunately are not promoted by the big showcase producers

Thanks for that detailed response. Do you face any racism?

Yeh i do.

@Spring Onion , as a journalist you should consider doing an investigative write up on the different cultures of certain South Asian countries such as India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Obviously the cultures are not standard in each country since these countries consist of an assimilation of different tribes and people. The similarity however remains there and the influence of media and movies have made a significant impact. I am not certain whether this would be in your line of journalism but would it certainly make a worthwhile reading.

I read through the thread again, and I don't see any such comment by BDforever. Please tell me the post number. Anyway I don't mind, you can bring in Pakistan or talk about it if you want.

Statistics are the objective way of knowing things about large sample sizes. One can't form an opinion by asking some things to people they meet personally. Statistics is a science because it works. Statistics works because it is a science.

Statistics say that after India, the major market for Indian TV shows is Pak. That is an undeniable reality.

Well I never denied it my self that Indian movies are watched in huge numbers, I my self use to watch many when I was a kid but gradually they their size is decreasing trust me people no longer talk or discuss about Indian movies the way they use to do back in 90's or even in early 2000. Maybe because your movies are now more sex oriented with all item songs.

Back
Top Bottom