What's new

Why is Everything FREE in Pakistan?! - traveler Drew Binsky

N.Siddiqui

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Fact: I came to Pakistan and I haven't spent any money. Why? Because nobody will let me. Seriously. Pakistan has the world's best hospitality, by a long shot.

Anywhere I go in the world, I always insist on paying -- whether it be for dinners, gifts, taxi rides, experiences, you name it. But the people here in Pakistan (aggressively) won't let me pay.

It's insane!! I LOVE PAKISTAN Follow @drewbinsky on Instagram for more content from Pakistan!

neighbors-waking up to the reality...well-nigh

sujendra pratap
1 day ago
Indian media.....spreads only hatred against Pakistan...lots of love to Pakistan from India...I hope peace prevails between both of us...

Vishal Venkat
1 day ago
Meanwhile here in India, tourists are charged extra prices lol. Love to Pakistan from India

Ashish John Kujur
3 hours ago
That's true indian media is always saw a different face of Pakistan and is about border and surgical strike nobody is asking about neighborhood and better relationship

Albert Swift
2 hours ago
That is really good ....India we loot the foreigners ✌✌✌✌love from India to Pakistan

Prathap Ganesharajah
1 day ago
Wow.... This changed by whole perception about Pakistan... They are indeed very very good people.. Thanks for showing this to the world Drew

Anuj dhaliwal
1 day ago (edited)
Seeing this video made me realise What Indian media show about Pakistan is completely false. The people's there are great they are our brothers & Why will media not portray Pakistan negative coz media is owned by a particular political party & all they want is vote, they don't care about emotions friendship love They are the reason we have differences

It is a combo of slave mentality + hospitality.

What is with White people and free food?

They just lose their mind if you give some food to them. Gheez man relax its just food. You will not eat a grain more than whats written for you.

Pathans were never slaves, a vast part. Locals will do this to anyone, gora or a colored visitor.
I saw what you did there. But we were never slaves of China. Yet, you can see the Chinese girl experiment video. Same goes for malaysia, Indonesia etc... we just love hosting people.
It has nothing to with race but with being foreigner and local (ghar ki murghi daal braber). Though I'm not focussing on this particular case rather it is seen that whenever a foreigner visits, our nation becomes the most hospitable and stop even taking the money for legitimate business while the same people reject and deride our own poor people.
If we had helped each & every poor in our society and no child was forced to search trash for piece of meal, I would claim this act of kindness as 100% hospitality and generosity but since it is not the case so my statement is valid.

BTW, we are promoting tourism as an industry to get business so this handing over free stuff does not bode well with that policy. All we need to do is to be polite with foreigners, keep our cities clean and do not pay too much attention (stare) to them but we should not only take money rather make a nice profit as well. Learn from the world

It has nothing to with race but with being foreigner and local (ghar ki murghi daal braber). Though I'm not focussing on this particular case rather it is seen that whenever a foreigner visits, our nation becomes the most hospitable and stop even taking the money for legitimate business while the same people reject and deride our own poor people.
If we had helped each & every poor in our society and no child was forced to search trash for piece of meal, I would claim this act of kindness as 100% hospitality and generosity but since it is not the case so my statement is valid.

BTW, we are promoting tourism as an industry to get business so this handing over free stuff does not bode well with that policy. All we need to do is to be polite with foreigners, keep our cities clean and do not pay too much attention (stare) to them but we should not only take money rather make a nice profit as well. Learn from the world

As a society we are not that bad around tourist. I mean, you won’t listen any bad experiences from any male or in particular Female tourists . Even if such cases are recorded they will be 1/30th of what occur in India. Towards the local, will we are doing more then anyone can ask for. We provide facility of drinking water in each street, shelter and food to travelers in Hujra’s and Masjid. You can judge our attitude towards others by just asking someone an address. They will literally drop you there or will atleast come along some steps.

Consider it as the initial 'free sample' a free sachet of a particular product offered as a marketing tactic...once people are hooked to the product one can charge them handsomely, this is a great marketing strategy by the Pakistani people to promote Pakistan tourism...and let people come to Pakistan(this is just pun, a serious one).

Breaks the bad stereotypes associated with Pakistan like a war torn country, lawless and jihadis on the streets and killing visitors.

Yes talking about the hospitality, it in ingrained in the value system, the Mehman Nawazi and the importance of a mehman...can't be changed.

Backpackers with shoe string budget cannot be earning lots of money for Pakistan, yes can earn lots of goodwill and praise for hospitality, and for big money from tourism one need to develop the infra and improve the management, as an industry...for the start this is good.

As a society we are not that bad around tourist. I mean, you won’t listen any bad experiences from any male or in particular Female tourists . Even if such cases are recorded they will be 1/30th of what occur in India.
Where did I say we are bad towards tourists? :o:
Rest staring is an issue but definitely nothing as compared to India but India not a yardstick for anything positive

No not really ...
:-):-)

As a society we are not that bad around tourist. I mean, you won’t listen any bad experiences from any male or in particular Female tourists . Even if such cases are recorded they will be 1/30th of what occur in India. Towards the local, will we are doing more then anyone can ask for. We provide facility of drinking water in each street, shelter and food to travelers in Hujra’s and Masjid. You can judge our attitude towards others by just asking someone an address. They will literally drop you there or will atleast come along some steps.

So you aim to replace India as the most famous human zoo?

whenever a foreigner visits, our nation becomes the most hospitable and stop even taking the money for legitimate business while the same people reject and deride our own poor people.

People who are poor have big hearts...they are not hoarders of money, they live life on a day to day basis and won't care about bungalows and big cars.

BTW Pakistanis ranks in top four nation when it comes to philanthropy and it is all for local people and for Pakistani people, take the case of Edhi, Adeeb Rizvi others...so it is not true that Pakistanis are extra generous to goras or foreigners...they are more generous to local people as well but there is no system in place to make it more inclusive...still it is working somehow, no one sleeps empty stomach here in Pakistan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom