What's new

Why is Russia lifting embargo on military supplies to Pakistan?

Those said gunships cannot transport troops. Hence you have 2 options Mi-24 or Black-hawks armored version

We have mounted world's largest Heli borne op after vietnam without much need for these gunships. Our cobras fly cover for incursion teams, F-16s with Sniper pods and JDAMs fly top cover.

I used to say this in earlier posts and i would say this again

that situations could only become better if Russia had taken a step forwards and it being a huge country would matter a lot, in fact it would be a game changer....take this mini deal for an example

may it be a chopper but we can see some things change and some hope too :cheers:

indeed the russians have shown open mindedness towards writing a new chapter of friendship....

bad situations come to all countries, but they shouldnt remain forever !!!!!

We have mounted world's largest Heli borne op after vietnam without much need for these gunships. Our cobras fly cover for incursion teams, F-16s fly top cover.
How does that have anything to do with transportation of troops ? Do your troops fly like superman and reach the spot ? The only logical conclusion is they needed a helicopter which
A) transports troops
B) gives fire power

How does that have anything to do with transportation of troops ? Do your troops fly like superman and reach the spot ? The only logical conclusion is they needed a helicopter which
A) transports troops
B) gives fire power

We use Paratroopers, Mi-17 and UH-1 Huey with door mounted machine guns for troop transport and fire supression. C-130s upgraded with Star Safire do ISR tasks along with UAVs. Gunship roles have been divided.

We use Paratroopers, Mi-17 and UH-1 Huey with door mounted machine guns for troop transport and fire supression. C-130s upgraded with Star Safire do ISR tasks along with UAVs. Gunship roles have been divided.

Sir, the Mi-35/24 comes with Armour plate (protections for .50 cal and small explosives) guided rockets, machines guns, avionics. Mi-17 and UH-1 with door mounted machines guns don't. Inshort it is a proper gunship + transportation.

C-130's are good for bombarding not for tactical operations in a city. Mind you PA would be using them for Anti-terrorism activities within urbanarea's ... Mi-24 can hover and fire, drop troops and give air support to the troops. Mi-24's are also used to transport Light armored vehicles too

Sir, the Mi-35/24 comes with Armour plate (protections for .50 cal and small explosives) guided rockets, machines guns, avionics. Mi-17 and UH-1 with door mounted machines guns don't. Inshort it is a proper gunship + transportation.

C-130's are good for bombarding not for tactical operations in a city. Mind you PA would be using them for Anti-terrorism activities within urbanarea's ... Mi-24 can hover and fire, drop troops and give air support to the troops. Mi-24's are also used to transport Light armored vehicles too

I'm aware of that.

The point is that while Mi-35 be desireable, its not critical. Troop incursions are done at night amid air strikes.

IMHO we should stick with T-129 acquisiton for Cobra replacement and get Mi-35 in small batches for COIN ops.

Really? I find this a bit unlikely.

Can you provide specifics? Numbers of troops and helos please

Peochar op. Details classified.

Well then you can't make assertions like "largest air assault since Vietnam" if you can't back them up sir.

I said the largest 'heli borne 'op not 'air borne'. Its not my fault that you ain't reading.

I said the largest 'heli borne 'op not 'air borne'. Its not my fault that you ain't reading.
My reading skills are very much up to the task. I am talking about Heli borne ops also. Can you answer me this- were more than 50 Pak helos used?

Pakistan will start getting AH-1Z viper from the middle of next year,after delivery of the machines to U S Army
and Marines is completed.This was agreed nearly 2 years ago,when Pakistan refused offer of re furbished AH-1.Unless relations between the two countries have deteriorated really badly.

Last edited:
My reading skills are very much up to the task. I am talking about Heli borne ops also. Can you answer me this- were more than 50 Pak helos used?

Its not about how many helis were used but how many operations were carried out using helicopters :rolleyes:

Now that Russia is lifting it's embargo on military sales to Pakistan, we should take full advantage of this positive development. We should try to go for Transfer of Technology (TOT) where ever possible.

We need gunships and have all of our options open. AH-1Z Viper, T-129 ATAK, Mils and WZ-10.

I don't think what will come from Russia will be gunships.

Can you atleast hint at what you may get

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom