What's new

Why is Everything FREE in Pakistan?! - traveler Drew Binsky

But I don't think that our people are really thinking in this smart way..

Correct. But, again, I don't think MOST foreigners are getting freebies anyway. And no one is given them expensive hand-made Pakistani carpets; some small food items and souvenirs is all.

What these early tourists are going to do is to create a new image of Pakistan. And people like Mark Wien, Drew Binski, The Food Ranger, Gabriel Traveler, TravelLight have a huge combined following. Even if 5% of their followers decide to come to Pakistan, go back, and tell their own amazing experience stories this will create even more positive image of Pakistan, and more (paying) tourists and so on and so forth...

PS. It's not a coincidence that, so soon after Mark Wien, we have these other as listed by me are already in Pakistan or are planning to. There will be more. Many more.

Correct. But, again, I don't think MOST foreigners are getting freebies anyway. And no one is given them expensive hand-made Pakistani carpets; some small food items and souvenirs is all.

What these early tourists are going to do is to create a new image of Pakistan. And people like Mark Wien, Drew Binski, The Food Ranger, Gabriel Traveler, TravelLight have a huge combined following. Even if 5% of their followers decide to come to Pakistan, go back, and tell their own amazing experience stories this will create even more positive image of Pakistan, and more (paying) tourists and so on and so forth...

PS. It's not a coincidence that, so soon after Mark Wien, we have these other as listed by me are already in Pakistan or are planning to. There will be more. Many more.
Yeah give them small food items or little gifts is okay but please don't arrange free BnB for them in your home rather let them stay in hotel and pay the rent.

We are getting off topic but... There is such a thing as 'white privilege' and it exists all over the world. The white led Christian world has dominated the globe for decades and remains dominant. The special treatment given to such tourists maybe a bit hyper in Pakistan but a lot of these tourists do get special treatment in many other parts of the world. Until and unless the global order changes that's the way it is going to be.

So take what we can and make what we can. Change the image of Pakistan and if requires some spontaneous (and natural) acts of generosity then so be it. Few bloggers getting freebies is nothing compared with the many fold benefits of tourists arriving in Pakistan, paying for visa, airport fees, hotels, meals... And they will pay for such things.

Also, some of these tourists are coming to Pakistan despite the Feb. 2019 flareup with India where India tried to yet again malign Pakistan's image with the 'terrorists' label and the global fears of a nuclear war. That hasn't stop these tourists. Something to ponder.

PS. Speaking of perceptions... in the rural area where I live in. Many locals seem to have a stereotype of people like us brown/olive people to be highly educated, not-corrupt, not violent, not 'mooching off the welfare system', peace-loving and generally MORE trust-worthy than the locals...

Guy has never heard of 'Mehman Nawazi'. And it's going to take Pakistani's going the extra mile to break the perception of Pakistan that the world has. And all the continous negative propaganda by our neighbour.

Indeed. It will take us some time but we couldn’t even imagine this change a decade ago. And now its happening and foreugners are talking about. Today they are talking about things being free for them, tomorrow they will talk about the tourist destinations we have , a week later they will talk about the facilities we provide. Its a gradual process, and i am glad we are on right path.

Pakistan badly need a good PR compaign. what we should be doing is establish a ministry of propaganda, or atleast establish a setup for this purpose under ministry of foreign affairs. Allocate funds for it, atleast 10 billion each year. Which will fund Pakistani societies in colleges, universities throughout the world. Those societies, in return will organize seminars and road shows to promote Pakistan and its culture. Fund Pakistan trips of international media industry stars, social media stars and famous youtubers. Bring Pakistani diaspora in this, convince people like Kumail nanjiani and likes, convince them to influence others to visit Pakistan through their Shows and improve the image of Pakistan by pointing our successes in WOt, against extremism and our potential. This is a long process, but we will see the results coming in 4-5 years.

Guy has never heard of 'Mehman Nawazi'. And it's going to take Pakistani's going the extra mile to break the perception of Pakistan that the world has. And all the continous negative propaganda by our neighbour.

True it is "Mehman Nawazi" but a part of our culture is also reciprocity, what these people are unaware that such actions deserve an "inaam" it is not expected but in the spirit of reciprocity given.

Perception management and creating the right vibes was always the weak point for Pakistan with a bigger resourceful neighbor creating all sorts of problem, the internet here seems to be the new frontier, cannot be controlled, managed and manipulated as mainstream media like FOX news CNN or Indian media, it all adds up here be it Instagram, FB, YouTube, Twitter and hundred more, acts as a force multiplier.

Agree that one good Vlog and travelogue results in more people taking the plunge and adds as a force multiplier, a cascade effect ever increasing.

Pakistan need not do away with this unique selling point of hospitality and making Mehman feel extra special, this is ingrained and as you have mentioned, not costing you much and the vibes it gets is invaluable.

Mark Wiens has more than 4 million subscribers and his Pakistan food travel videos has about 3.3-3.8 millions views on average, it all adds up. Food Ranger must be in Pakistan as was the news, and TravelLight is coming as well. The false narrative build over a period of years is changing, it will take some time.

ppl are great to out of towners too. I know that as I ve experienced that. Even otherwise ppl have been generous with food /drinks randomly and in any case, those who are considered guests are given preferential treatment. So some losers need to chill the **** out.

This should be Pakistan USP, unique selling point and start branding it, owning it and patenting it, just as Indus heritage and Indus civilization..you the proponent and was yours brainchild. Warmth shown by the people gets ingrained in anyone heart and mind more than the sights and sounds, buildings, nature.

Yes Pakistanis are not clever marketers...

Last edited:
ppl are great to out of towners
too. I know that as I ve experienced that. Even otherwise ppl have been generous with food /drinks randomly and in any case, those who are considered guests are given preferential treatment. So some losers need to chill the **** out.

Why can't people understand the simple observation that Pakistanis have utter belief in the fact that God feeds the people?

and why are superficial people imposing their beliefs on Muslims of Pakistan?

This should be Pakistan USP, unique selling point and start branding it, owning it and patenting it. Warmth shown by the people gets ingrained in anyone heart and mind than the sights and sounds, buildings, nature.

ban jao Baniye ban jao.

Siddarth se Siddiqui hue ho itni mushkil se wapis laut jao

ban jao Baniye ban jao.

Siddarth se Siddiqui hue ho itni mushkil se wapis laut jao

It is not about baniya ban jana.

My point was Pakistan should use this Mahman Nawazi to its advantage and let other people know about it, as is happening through this very Vlog.

It is not about baniya ban jana.

My point was Pakistan should use this Mahman Nawazi to its advantage and let other people know about it, as is happening through this very Vlog.

Nah it is constitutionally illegal to exploit Muslims in Pakistan.

Now go find another way to make money.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom