What's new

Why Indians generally hate Aam Aadmi Party and Kejriwal?

His conduct is not dissimilar to Imran Khan of Pakistan. Protest politics is okay when you are in opposition. It is intolerable when you become the government of a state and then resign simply because you couldn't have your own way. Some love him. Some hate him. The fact that he will win the Delhi legislature shows that the title of your thread is misleading
:) victory in election does not mean that people love you as much as defeat does not mean that people hate you .

political victories and failures involve different dynamics

I don't know about hating the AAP BUT many Indians are skeptical of this party given its weak credentials and performance last year (walking out). Given the general elections last year were won on a platform of good governance and development AK and the AAP seem to be the exact opposite of this, on the face to it it appears they will stall the development of India's capital and deliver little good for India.

Indians are patriotic and pro-development now and thus when you get a party that looks like it will hurt India's interests in the long term you will see a backlash, just my take on it.

Lol. But he won the election on providing free wifi, free "bijli" and free "pani". Thats ridiculous.

Instead of giving subsidy, why not he thinking about creating job, spending on infra. The creation of job ultimately ridicule the purpose of subsidy.

He dont need to worry about it.He will automatically transfer all his promises on the head of central govt.
Let see how he is going to perform with freebies

Because, they wanted AAP to loose which meant no opposition anywhere. Now atleast there is opposition in Delhi.

U really think this win of AAP can be cashed in by other regional parties like JDU, SP, etc?

Infact, using AAP's name will be a suicide for such parties as they are characteristically bipolar.

Lollzzz, Bipolar lunatic parties want to have AAP on their side. Both Mamta and CPI wanted AAP to win. There is no stated intention to join any of these parties- most of whom AK calls corrupt anyway. We'll just have to see.

Every politician is loved by some and hated by many.In fact he has become a cult under which ppl who didn't even campaign won.He has given enough reasons for ppl to hate him which will be seen again in coming weeks on the other side he has to become a messiah for leftist,homeless,lower middle class,grudge voters.

And 70% of Delhi belong to these classes?

On topic:We dont hate him.His action will cause hate and love.If he try to.block Govt development inthe name of poor masses then surely rest of Indians will begin to hate him.If he dont we will accept him.We need development not freebies and BS secularism talk.

Lollzzz, Bipolar lunatic parties want to have AAP on their side. Both Mamta and CPI wanted AAP to win. There is no stated intention to join any of these parties- most of whom AK calls corrupt anyway. We'll just have to see.

If AAP can remove corruption plus provide good governance
ONLY then we are seeing the birth of a major change in India

Otherwise AAP will become a One state party
like SP / BSP in Uttar Pradesh

U understood my point. Thats why I am saying that AAP's win will not be a setback for BJP in other states as there is no AAP in other states and the regional parties are in no match to Modi ideologically.

Thats why I say, give AAP 10 years and let it spread thruout India. Then we can talk bout opposition and threat to Modi.

Landslide mandates are NOT UNUSUAL in Indian democracy

Left parties AND Mamta Banerjee in BENGAL

AIADMK and DMK in Tamil nadu

Laloo and NITISH Kumar in Bihar ; ALL have had landslide victories
which later turned into disppointments
Nothing is permanent in Indian political system. Things have changed from the way it used to be in the past! Either you perform or perish! AAP got a second chance & that too overwhelming one at that only due to the fact that Delhiites voted for a Santa Claus who is going to come & distribute goodies like free bijli, free pani, free sewer, free makan, free WiFi.. & all that sorts. When reality strikes & people realize that out of 50K crore budget you can't subsidize free goods worth 15lac crore bubble will burst! Just a matter time...

I don't know about hating the AAP BUT many Indians are skeptical of this party given its weak credentials and performance last year (walking out)
He walked out because opposition failed to accommodate his anti-corruption legislation?

:) victory in election does not mean that people love you as much as defeat does not mean that people hate you .

political victories and failures involve different dynamics
Jana mem. Aap democracy ke baare mein bolte kitna achhi lagti ho. Lagi raho. :D :D :D

If I tell you reality, I am from Brahmin family. And my whole family voted for AAP ( and from whole family means including uncles and my cousins ),jus me voted for BJP.

I am sure,in the near future you will regret voting for BJP and will join the kejrival clud,InshAllah

Back
Top Bottom