What's new

Why I won't be cheering for Shahid Afridi anymore

:devil:
Me too. A new leadership will replace the older one. Things will have to change. Otherwise it will cease to exist. I left after school. :D
Its soo hard to believe :blink:

And look at the reporter how he started with the question , you are a pakhtun and all that ,what do you think about peshaweri women in cricket?...he knew that afridi is a tribesman who believe in hijab, his wife is doing hijab... he threw a question with pakhtun tag on it...the karachitte interviewer knew very well that pakhtuns dont like these type of questions.

Pakistani women cricketers are sexually abused by their male managers and coachs, as revealed by female cricketers themeselves....afridis are very ghairati people, they dont buy this bs.

You've explained it well.But he didnt.
We dont know what was in his mind.And I am not giving him any benefit of doubt.

If it was about abuses...then I think even men get abused by men when it comes to sports.

I dont completely support them, but I do support some of their ideas.

Maybe we can have a proper discussion on another more relevant thread in the future, as it would be off-topic here :)
Whenever I have entered RSS threads,guys get ready to split and slice me.So I avoid it for my own good.:-)

Last edited:
only if you had this much concern for human values than some outdated tribal code !!

Yes it doesnot talk of woman, rightly said and proved my whole point.

Yes Afridi's soch is "mashriqi soch" generally, which I have defined with two components in his case; the conservative Islamic views and pukhtoonwali code.. the very thinking in case of some punjabi bigot would replace pukhtonwali code from punjabi culture..and so on.

Yes I prefer to be a burger kid in jeans, then to be some bigot in shalwar kameez !!
You are such a jahil. Mention all the points of pashtunwali to me.
Pashtunwali is not culture. Pashtunwali is not synanymous with pashtun culture . Its just a code like bushido of samurais.
Hijab is not invention of pakhtuns...fix this in your pea-sized brain

And look at the reporter how he started with the question , you are a pakhtun and all that ,what do you think about peshaweri women in cricket?...he knew that afridi is a tribesman who believe in hijab, his wife is doing hijab... he threw a question with pakhtun tag on it...the karachitte interviewer knew very well that pakhtuns dont like these type of questions.

Pakistani women cricketers are sexually abused by their male managers and coachs, as revealed by female cricketers themeselves....afridis are very ghairati people, they dont buy this bs.

Shahid-Khan-Afridi-with-his-wife-picture.jpg

wife of afridi. just to counter your view.

secondly, lets for the sake of agreement, I agree that he was trapped into a question, the dumb **** should have used his brain,

and lastly, afridi are ghairatmand? seriously ? smugglers, drug dealers, car thieves etc etc, and not beggars, yeah right very gharatmand... Im not generalizing as I know educated people from afridi tribe and they are perfectly normal people, guess it is all about up bringing, away from clan, creed, tribe culture?

cannot you just get to a psychiatrist for racist treatment?

Good for you then.
Other people may not share your attitude.
And rightly so.

Thats kool with me.:victory1:

Please do keep track on other players and check what they say outside esp cricketers from Kenya, Zimbabwe, BD, Ireland, Afghanistan etc and then decide whether to cheer for them or not.

Best of luck.

secondly, lets for the sake of agreement, I agree that he was trapped into a question, the dumb **** should have used his brain,

and lastly, afridi are ghairatmand? seriously ? smugglers, drug dealers, car thieves etc etc, and not beggars, yeah right very gharatmand... Im not generalizing as I know educated people from afridi tribe and they are perfectly normal people, guess it is all about up bringing, away from clan, creed, tribe culture?

cannot you just get to a psychologist for racist treatment?

Don't mind. Luffy is Marwati.

Look how how they treat bazurgs in Lakii Marwat:

They find pleasure in harassing ordinary working men.

You are such a jahil. Mention all the points of pashtunwali to me.
Pashtunwali is not culture. Pashtunwali is not synanymous with pashtun culture . Its just a code like bushido of samurais.
Hijab is not invention of pakhtuns...fix this in your pea-sized brain

yup, you have a worst form, shuttlecock burqa !

pashtunwali is a code of governance, just like Islam, and it does create what you call culture, which you have in form of tribal culture. there maybe good points to it, but you cannot ignore the outdated-ness of it.

and be a little civil, if you can.

cannot you just get to a psychiatrist for racist treatment?
Bewakafoa, she is a journalist not wife of afridi. Here is wife of afridi.
shahi-afridi-with-wife.jpg

And apologize from afridi qaum for your racist and derogatory remarks against them.

Thats kool with me.:victory1:

Please do keep track on other players and check what they say outside esp cricketers from Kenya, Zimbabwe, BD, Ireland, Afghanistan etc and then decide whether to cheer for them or not.

Best of luck.

I have way better things to do than that..
You don't seem to grasp the difference between private and public life.
Lets leave it at that.

I have way better things to do than that..
You don't seem to grasp the difference between private and public life.
Lets leave it at that.

Both their lifes are not my concern .

Yup.. leave it like that.

Im more concerned about your comments than Afridis comment. :D

Who told you they are marwats? They are speaking in typical wazir accent.

This is either Bannu or Marwat. Waziri roads are not paved like this. I may be Punjabi, but I am not stupid. Regardless, these Pashtuns that you are praising are disgusting.

Wow, what chauvenistic misogyny on display in one single thread!!!

His life @ ground is different from life @ outside.
He will be cheered for the thrills and entertainment he provides in sports.
All other things are secondary and his personal comments and opinions doesnt matter much.

Yes, but then that would apply to anyone no? I mean why should an actor, politician etc etc be judged by anything other than what they do in their workplace? But thats just not how it is, and thats not how they also want it because it means $$$$$

Last edited:
Both their lifes are not my concern .

Yup.. leave it like that.

Im more concerned about your comments than Afridis comment. :D

Quotes from Public figures affect everyone in the general,unless you are a living in a cave.
That is why its called public life in the first place :D

Bewakafoa, she is a journalist not wife of afridi. Here is wife of afridi.
shahi-afridi-with-wife.jpg

And apologize from afridi qaum for your racist and derogatory remarks against them.

afrud.jpg

possible, but which journalist is she?

and besides Afridi's bigotry is not the first of its kind, he also called Mahnoor Baloch budhi aurat or something like this

Wow, what chauvenistic misogyny on display in one single thread!!!

who says only mullah should be thrown in sea, see this thread and decide for yourself !

Luffy's entire Pashtuniyat has become shit when I posted his people insulting a Pashtun bazurg. @Pak-one, Afghans are definitely better and more cultured people than you.

damn so women in india must be doing really good. every family has doctors and engineers and accountants

Well it is an exception than a rule, but I am just pointing to the direction it is going.

Before our generation there were no women professionals in our family even though my mother finished her college degree. My mother who is now 75 years age finished her college with help from her in-laws.

During our mothers time they would marry off girls at an young age and they would not complete their education in their in-law homes. Difference is... most women in our families now complete their education and start working before marriage. Marriagable age among women has moved drastically from 12-15 yrs age to 22- 25 years now. Continuation of work depends on her in-laws and her husband in most cases.

Back
Top Bottom