What's new

Why I won't be cheering for Shahid Afridi anymore

I mean I wouldnt call that a bigoted view, but I get your point.

Reminds me of how some RSS guys tried to justify increasing rape in India by saying how it was happening because women were wearing less clothes like miniskirts. Something about how rape doesnt happen in "traditional conservative bharat", but "modern westernized India" :lol:
Yeah RSS brigade here is constantly at loggerheads with me....
And I am not taking up rapes here...this thread would derail completely.

common....
you should not mix the two.....
personal life should not be brought on field....:agree:
Naah i hate the way he responded...
He lost his respect.And may be one fan out of a sea...that might really not matter to him though.

damn so women in india must be doing really good. every family has doctors and engineers and accountants
YES we are mostly professionally qualified.

If you do not like.... do not cheer for him..... He is a good cricketer....

Yeah RSS brigade here is constantly at loggerheads with me....
And I am not taking up rapes here...this thread would derail completely.

I personally do like RSS (a little bit), as they are nationalists in their own sort of way, but they do have a few backward ideas that they need to grow out of...

Oye pakhtunwali ko kyun beech may laa raha hey? The code of Pashtunwali doesnt talk about role of women in the society, pashtunwali is not a religion neither it is the culture, its islam which defines role of women....Afridi's thinking is "mashriqi soch" , prevalent in all communities of pakistan.
You are a burger
so every cultural and religous person would be "jahil tribal pakhtun with narrow mind"....burger, have you ever tried shalwar kameez?...get rid of your tight jeans, they are not good for testicles.

only if you had this much concern for human values than some outdated tribal code !!

Yes it doesnot talk of woman, rightly said and proved my whole point.

Yes Afridi's soch is "mashriqi soch" generally, which I have defined with two components in his case; the conservative Islamic views and pukhtoonwali code.. the very thinking in case of some punjabi bigot would replace pukhtonwali code from punjabi culture..and so on.

Yes I prefer to be a burger kid in jeans, then to be some bigot in shalwar kameez !!

Oye pakhtunwali ko kyun beech may laa raha hey? The code of Pashtunwali doesnt talk about role of women in the society, pashtunwali is not a religion neither it is the culture, its islam which defines role of women....Afridi's thinking is "mashriqi soch" , prevalent in all communities of pakistan.
You are a burger so every cultural and religous person would be "jahil tribal pakhtun with narrow mind who keep their women like slaves" for you....burger, have you ever tried shalwar kameez?...get rid of your tight jeans, they are not good for testicles.

Well being religious doesn't mean you restrict women to your home. You can be religious and can also give freedom to your women to learn and work by following our cultural values.

Don't know why you guys equal male chauvinism to being religious.

Dont tell me you are one of them o_O
I personally do like RSS (a little bit), as they are nationalists in their own sort of way, but they do have a few backward ideas that they need to grow out of...
Ohhh I have trouble understanding them...their kinda nationalism ...patriotism..racism and their plethora of feelings confuses me.

Well being religious doesn't mean you restrict women to your home. You can be religious and can also give freedom to your women to learn and work by following our cultural values.

Don't know why you guys equal male chauvinism to being religious.

This, this is the cover up for chauvinism, they know they can blackmail people in the name of religion, so they hide their ugly mentality behind the cover of religion !!

Of course.
Surely you are not equating gender equality with advertising riff raff.
Because that would be really stupid.

Seriously, I dont know what he does outside field, where he lives, what adv he acts, what is his political view, who are his friends, what are his hobbies or any of that.

I like that guy on field and i dont care what he does or says outside.

Ohhh I have trouble understanding them...their kinda nationalism ...patriotism..racism and their plethora of feelings confuses me.
:devil:
Me too. A new leadership will replace the older one. Things will have to change. Otherwise it will cease to exist. I left after school. :D

That idiot!!!!
I had not seen his video....I regret having cheered for a guy with such regressive mentality.
And look at the reporter how he started with the question , you are a pakhtun and all that ,what do you think about peshaweri women in cricket?...he knew that afridi is a tribesman who believe in hijab, his wife is doing hijab... he threw a question with pakhtun tag on it...the karachitte interviewer knew very well that pakhtuns dont like these type of questions.

Pakistani women cricketers are sexually abused by their male managers and coachs, as revealed by female cricketers themeselves....afridis are very ghairati people, they dont buy this bs.

This, this is the cover up for chauvinism, they know they can blackmail people in the name of religion, so they hide their ugly mentality behind the cover of religion !!

Yeah it has more to do with culture than religion.

Seriously, I dont know what he does outside field, where he lives, what adv he acts, what is his political view, who are his friends, what are his hobbies or any of that.

I like that guy on field and i dont care what he does or says outside.
Good for you then.
Other people may not share your attitude.
And rightly so.

I dont completely support them, but I do support some of their ideas.

Maybe we can have a proper discussion on another more relevant thread in the future, as it would be off-topic here :)

Back
Top Bottom