What's new

Why do Indians consider Pakistan one of their own vs Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh?

The anthem was written before Partition. Half of Punjab is in India.
Regarding "Sindh" in national anthem -
https://scroll.in/article/872385/re...ay-another-layer-of-sindhi-communitys-dignity

In fact Jana Gana Mana was chosen as the anthem over the more popular Vande Mataram because Vande Mataram would offen Muslim sensibilities since it means "I bow before thee Mother"

In the context of Sind, there would be no reason for highlighting an external identity which would only serve to perpetually divide, especially given how small the minority originating in Sind was.

Furthermore, given the widely perpetuated notion that Sindhi and Punjabi people have some sort of historic link to Hindustan, and the popular belief amongst many Indians that Pakistan should not have existed for various reasons, it all does become very suspect in nature.

Beyond that, who can know what is innocent and what is not, although certain things are undeniable.

Finally, just to cut off this nonsense about he IVC.

Pakistanis are a very mixed group, the vast majority being descendants of the Steppe people, under various cultural and social guises from many countries in the region, so the IVC is nothing more than a fantastical past to somehow relate to.

Pakistanis are invaders, through and through.

The Indus Valley Civilization has 8 major urban centers. 3 are in present day Pakistan, 5 are in present day India. You just need to deal with it, sadly.
What a massive crock of shit. 90% of indus settlements were in indus valley. There were some colonies set up in gujrat. The scatterplot of ivc settlements look like the map of modern day pakistan. You were in food gathering stage while indus was thriving in indus for a thousand years. Before that it was mehrgarh.
maderch - ivc had colonies in bahrain oman Mesopotamia. U dont see them claiming ivc. Ivc colonies moved to ganges much much later. U were still in the hanging by the tree stage of development at this time.

It's like you hold the vase but a tiny piece broken off into dozen shards and he is counting them to say he has the "vase".

Yeh cheez.
Beautifully said. Kia knowledge. Kia argument. Wah.

What a massive crock of shit. 90% of indus settlements were in indus valley. There were some colonies set up in gujrat. The scatterplot of ivc settlements look like the map of modern day pakistan. You were in food gathering stage while indus was thriving in indus for a thousand years. Before that it was mehrgarh.
maderch - ivc had colonies in bahrain oman Mesopotamia. U dont see them claiming ivc. Ivc colonies moved to ganges much much later. U were still in the hanging by the tree stage of development at this time.

Yeh cheez.
OK. That's like present day European settlers in the Americas claiming the Aztec Civilization. But whatever helps you sleep at night.

Yeh cheez.
Finally, just to cut off this nonsense about he IVC.

Pakistanis are a very mixed group, the vast majority being descendants of the Steppe people, under various cultural and social guises from many countries in the region, so the IVC is nothing more than a fantastical past to somehow relate to.

Pakistanis are invaders, through and through.

False. When pakistanis say we are mughals u say we r hindu converts. When pakistanis say we are ivc you say we are invaders. Cant have both. In our blood is both the cradle of civilization and the settlers and invaders. We take pride in our full heritage. Islam being the latest and greatest software update to the pakistani os.

OK. That's like present day European settlers in the Americas claiming the Aztec Civilization. But whatever helps you sleep at night.
Bitch i have read like 20 books on the topic not some
Cursory ncert history book in gangapur. Burray aye IVC kay thekaydaar.

No thats like sub sahara taking credit for nile valley civilization on the basis of proximity.

In case you didnt understand. Nile valley is the indus calley and sub sahara is the gangetic plain.

Samaj aya magaz may?

False. When pakistanis say we are mughals u say we r hindu converts. When pakistanis say we are ivc you say we are invaders. Cant have both. In our blood is both the cradle of civilization and the settlers and invaders. We take pride in our full heritage. Islam being the latest and greatest software update to the pakistani os.

It was you who created these modern definitions.

Pakistanis need to stop thinking they are something that they are not, regardless of what the world says. I know for a fact the Pakistani elders knew exactly who and what they were, and recent scientific findings have only confirmed this.

Cherish your identity, just like your elders did.

I extremely doubt it, Punjab and Sind were never known as "Hindustan". Hindustan was the area around Delhi and UP only. Different parts of Punjab in earlier times had different "indigenous names" such as the central Punjab was called "Madra" and at some other points it was called "Taka" etc. Sindh was always called Sindh, even parts of southern Punjab, eastern balochistan and southern KPK were also at times considered "greater Sindh". Kashmir was always called "Kashmir" or "Kasperia" etc. in the past, northern parts of KPK areas along with some adjoining areas in eastern Afghanistan were called "Gandhara" for most part of their history.

There was no such term as "Hindustan" in use in the ancient past, because the term "Hindustan" originated rather recently only during Turkic and Mughals times for areas around Delhi/UP where their centre of power lied. The word "Punjab" was also coined by the same Mughals to "differentiate" the areas lying west of "Hindustan" that is Delhi/UP areas. I read somewhere that one of the Sikh gurus had referred to himself as "Madari" in reference to the ancient name of central Punjab that is "Madra", the the name "Madra" was in use as late as few centuries ago in some circle of central Punjab. I wouldn't be surprised if the word "Majha" for the central Punjab that is still used in indian Punjab is a corrupted form of the ancient name of this region "Madra" and the language spoken in this area which they call in indian punjab as "Majhi" being originally "Madari" language or the modern standard punjabi of central Punjab.

See Madra located in the modern central punjab of Pakistan in the ancient times in this map

Map_of_Vedic_India.png

There is place in Indian punjab Sirhind, Mughals saw it as start or gateway to Hindustan. Few km away there is Haryan border. I think Sirhind name is of relatively recent origin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirhind-Fategarh

Yes we were once Buddhists and only a minority off us were hindu but god bestowed upon us islam and that the way it has been now for thousands off years talking about present day we look nothing like the gangus from the crack head east and thank god for that
It was you who created these modern definitions.

Pakistanis need to stop thinking they are something that they are not, regardless of what the world says. I know for a fact the Pakistani elders knew exactly who and what they were, and recent scientific findings have only confirmed this.

Cherish your identity, just like your elders did.

There is place in Indian punjab Sirhind, Mughals saw it as start or gateway to Hindustan. Few km away there is Haryan border. I think Sirhind name is of relatively recent origin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirhind-Fategarh

Very interesting name of the place, collection of two persian words "Sir" which means forehead in english and "hind" which means "hindustan proper", so definitely Sirhind was the area where you faced towards "Hindustan", so clearly areas west of "Sirhind" (whole of Pakistani Punjab is west of Sirhind) were "Punjab proper" according to the geographical divisions of Turkic and Mughal eras.

Last edited:
hindus think cow urine cleanses them from inside so yeh their brain works in a weird way!
They failed in science. Urine is supposed to remove all toxic from the body of most living organism.
In short they are drinking all the toxic from the cow.
Damn.. I just lost my appetite.

That's a long winded way of saying that in every Pakistani face you see your own historic inferiority and defeat.
Hmm,,,historic inferiority n defeat,,, very cute coming from a Pakistani.
As i said on some other thread,,,bhayya pakistan shud read thr history,,,dispassionately.
Perhaps u wud realise.

They failed in science. Urine is supposed to remove all toxic from the body of most living organism.
In short they are drinking all the toxic from the cow.
Damn.. I just lost my appetite.
Oh the truth,, thanks.
How about telling chinese about the truth about human embryos,dogs,rhino horns or shrak fins for a change.
Perhaps the stuff raised ur appetite but,,,,mind it

I often hear Bharatis want to undo Pakistan because it was the partition of some imaginary universal state known as "India". Nehru said it, so did others. Pakistan is the "sin of partition". Whenever we hear of Achoot Atang or whatever -- it is often referring to Pakistan.

Here is my question: Why do Bharatis claim or desire (in the past anyway) Pakistan?

Why not Nepal which is Hindu?
Why not Sri Lanka which is racially similar to South India?
Why not Bangladesh?
In Pakistan, we have Iranic linguistic languages whereas these other ones have Indic.

Why do they think Pakistan is more Bharati than Nepal, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka?
Pakistanis don't have as many similarities with Indians as Nepal, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka.

Pakistan exists ONLY because of Islam and it is the single binding reason for Pakistanis to breath the freedom air they breath. Take that for granted, and you invoke upon yourselves a fate worse than that of Iraq or Syria. Learn a thing or two from your Pukhtun Afghan brothers and sisters, who will fight to the end for their right to preserve their identity, which is being Muslims.

As for India's obsession about "partition" is them being devoid of any faith in the ONE GOD, the ONLY & ABSOLUTE POWER in all creation, the Creator of all creation, Allah Subhanahu Wata'aalah.

Yes we were once Buddhists and only a minority off us were hindu but god bestowed upon us islam and that the way it has been now for thousands off years talking about present day we look nothing like the gangus from the crack head east and thank god for that

An intelligent person would know what can be true and what cannot by using basic common sense and general knowledge of their surroundings and family history, so it starts to become very suspect that a certain mindset is openly entertained by some people on these forums.

I know from personal experience that that mindset certainly isn't found among many Punjabi people, making this mythical link Indians try to show with them even more interesting.

However, and it's unfortunate, certain other people continue to entertain it.

Back
Top Bottom