What's new

Why do all Pakistani films suck big time but TV dramas rock?

IamBengali

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
The quality of Pakistani TV dramas are far better than Indian daily soaps but Pakistani films suck big time. I have seen only one Pakistani film in my whole life. 'Khuda Key Liye'. It was decent but I haven't found any other Urdu film which is even decent to watch. Lollywood is absolutely horrible industry.

I have seen many Pakistani dramas of Hum TV, ARY Digital and GEO TV. These are so good. I am currently watching 'Saari Bhool Hamari Thi' (All was my fault). Such a nice drama but OMG! Pakistani Urdu films are so crappy. I saw few clips in Youtube. Super crappy. Even Bangla films which is crappy itself look classy in front of Urdu films.

Lollywood_Billboards_-_Prince_Cinema_Budha_Bigra_Jaye_Billboard.JPG

Last edited:
Golden age of television. Same is happening in the US. Turns out character-driven drama is very good....and you can do far more character development over the course of a series as opposed to 3 hours tops for a movie.

Not all suck. Yesterday i saw a film on tv and surprisingly loved it and thought that Pakistani movies r underrated. Dont know the movie name though.

Amna sheikh's "seedlings" also did pretty good ,made its way to the hollywood red carpet .. And waar ,bol, khuda ka liye ,teray bin laden, blah blah blah. You must be watching punjabi films or Urooj TV ..lol

It's coz Zias regime screwed the movie industry .. Later smugglers n other criminals jumped in to turn their black money into legal ... The educated lot left n hence the stupid shit started ... Although nowadays it's recovering with the likes of khuda k liye,Bol,Reluctant fundamentalist (Hollywood + Pak joint venture),mein hoon shahid afridi,Waar,seedlings etc etc while movies like operation 021,Waar 2,moor etc are in the making or to be released soon..

Pakistani films used to be top-notch but the industry took a nosedive in the mid-80s and never recovered.

I think Pakistan needs a TV and Film institute to boost the dying film industry. I have no hope for Bangladesh film industry. I have not seen a watchable Bangladeshi film in years but I think Lollywood can make it with proper initiatives.

Lollywood needs to change its name. First of all it just sounds cheap; secondly it suggests that the industry is Lahore or Punjab specific, which it isn't.

Just now I start downloading 'Main Hoon Shahid Afridi'. Lets see if its good film. Promo looks promising.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom