What's new

Forbidden Love Wins Pakistani Hearts as TV Tackles Social Taboos.

this drama was a hit amongst the secular circles of the society....a secular man who asks his wife to wear a low neck at his boss's birthday party only cause last time his colleagues wife wore a low neck and this time it is his turn to create a show stopper must have enjoyed this drama serial a lot.

a secular man who enjoys gazing at the disgusting armpits of his good old buddies wife on the new year night must have downloaded all the episodes of ishq e mamnum.

this drama was a hit amongst the secular circles of the society....a secular man who asks his wife to wear a low neck at his boss's birthday party only cause last time his colleagues wife wore a low neck and this time it is his turn to create a show stopper must have enjoyed this drama serial a lot.

a secular man who enjoys gazing at the disgusting armpits of his good old buddies wife on the new year night must have downloaded all the episodes of ishq e mamnum.

Shaabash, Good stuff - These seculars are nothing to be afraid of - let them watch their immoral shows, the better for the True believers when their time comes, these seculars will run leaving their immoral wives behind

Shaabash, Good stuff - These seculars are nothing to be afraid of - let them watch their immoral shows, the better for the True believers when their time comes, these seculars will run leaving their immoral wives behind

a secular man who encourages his wife to wear low-neck and sleeveless should be disqualified from politics and from administrative power slots ....cause a sexually charged secular man in his late fifties who has spent his life time staring at low necks wont be ready to give his life for the country as he would be looking at his villa in bahria town or his foreign accounts...or his apartment in dubai .or his children who is living in abroad ....or his life as an analyst on tv talk shows........

to do halal kai kaam one must lead a halal life.......

if your input is haram...dont expect a halal output....

if u lead a haram life...then you end up doing haram....when u end up doing haram...then you start looking like a haramda....just like that indian guy mirza ghulam of qadian.

But if this show is so popular in Pakistan, does it mean that seculars are becoming the majority -- True believers must find this distressing and something will have to be done to return taboos to the people, all the people - freedom is dangerous

So this is just a grand plan to eradicate radicalization? Through cougars and foxy clothing? :lol:

------------

I suggest better prime-time programming. More family-oriented, teaching positive morals and tolerance, glorifying education. That sort of thing.
This raunchy stuff only increases frustration and raises the level of insecurity amongst Pakistani women. Not good for the society, IMO.
Yeah, just after you do that, people would stop watching TV. Audiences love this because they see something extraordinary.

well ... no comments but i was reading a comment by turkish President abdullah gull, he said that is shame for turkey that such dramas were made in turkey..
Unfortunately he can't do anything about it, can he?
Yes, I am concerned with the vulgar associations that Pakistani women may have to put up with. But it's not the only issue. There is too much liberalization on display in that show and the problem with us is that our society is not mature enough to handle that.

Romantic love is just one aspect of the show; it's making taboos seem like normal, everyday things. Would you find this agreeable. This is the sort of dramas we can't watch with family members without embarrassing ourselves.

For us, modernization automatically translates to westernization for some reason. If we can't separate the two, then where are we headed?
Whole world doesn't have another role model for modernization. New ideas and technological advances had been come from Europe for years. This is why Modernization=Westernisation in people's minds.

Thəorətic Muslim;4010474 said:
Your username speaks for itself :woot: How about 9 months of no sex? :whistle: If you know what I mean

lol Sorry dude, I really didn't get it :undecided:

First it was Indian Immoral Invasion , Now its Turkiye . The thing is people love these shows so they are running at prime time . Nothing wrong with it . You don't wanna watch it , please dont . No one will bring a mandate or a sword on your neck to see it ( except your wife/gf if she loves it ) but on the other hand shoving your point of views down others people throat is not good .:cheers:

Now people here are bashing Turkish for being secular :disagree:

Secular has nothing to do with vulgarity and being religious do not mean they are not vulgar.

Being secular do not mean they are not religious, just that they also accept other faiths and coexist.

If a TV show is a hit then that means it has some thing which is connecting with the majority people in Pakistan.

That was a great post - you confirm what the lead of the thread outlines, because your social melieu is one where you are "protected" from the reality of social interaction, your exposure to it causes you discomfort - after all what would tribal mind set be without it's cherished Taboos?

And of course to each their own, it's best you not watch the show, no?/yes?

Is modernization Westernization? As long as you do not realize and own what modernity is, then yes, it is - see when you buy a tool, you buy the ideas behind it's creation -- "modern" is a art criticism term, it originally refers to a skewed perspective, that is to say "not tradition bound" -- of course for different social strata, "tradition" means different things.

Thank you for a great post, I really appreciated it.

Protected from social interaction ?? Tribal ??

I give tremendous importance to my culture and heritage; politeness, coutesy, respect and paan. Shamelessness, I'm sorry to say, is something I cannot pretend to like. We look down on these topics today because we've been too exposed to "Bold and the Beautiful" and "Baywatch". The openness they preach is part of the American traditions while ours revolve around sophistication. Not tribal-style, minimalist clothing.

Discomfort comes not from their culture or set of values, but from Pakistanis accepting those values as the absolute pinnacle of social norms.

Yeah, just after you do that, people would stop watching TV. Audiences love this because they see something extraordinary.
Whole world doesn't have another role model for modernization. New ideas and technological advances had been coming from Europe for years. This is why Modernization=Westernisation in people's minds.

This is why I said that we, perhaps, are not ready for such liberal attitudes. People are not watching it for the story-line, but for the clothing and certain scenes. Enjoying dramas or movies for the sake of entertainment is not wrong, but mostly watching them for negative aspects is.

Your second point is right. But this mindset is a result of low self-esteem and confidence in our own abilities to innovate. And "modern" media outlets only encourage this insecurity and inferiority issues.

yes i agree, as compared to other soaps, it has extraordinarily less amont of cloths in it with extraordinarily more physical contact of sexual nature

BTW this is the entire episode of our government's hypocracy, banning youtube and **** websites, and promoting this disgusting turkish soap in the guise of promoting the shameless culture of western societies and using turkey our brother as a notion to promote this agenda

disgusting

BTW this is the entire episode of our government's hypocracy, banning youtube and **** websites, and promoting this disgusting turkish soap in the guise of promoting the shameless culture of western societies and using turkey our brother as a notion to promote this agenda disgusting
So you want **** websites unblocked or these TV shows stopped ? :undecided:

BTW there is something called Choice. I have cable TV but I don't watch English Movies with my family if I know there is going to be some uncomfortable scenes. Its called social behavior.

FashionTV also comes on channel, but I don't watch it while having dinner with my family. :lol:

I have to either watch News or some typical Saas Bahu serial or just ignore the TV.

All comes down to choice. Also if you want you can ask your Cable Operator to stop few channels. Did you guys ever asked for it.

They broadcast because there is a demand. Simple Demand Supply Model.

Reduce the demand by taking action by yourself than asking govt. to make you act like a responsible person.

Start taking good things as your own responsibilities.

Back
Top Bottom