What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

brother,i am talking about the modern Tamil..yes..i do admit...ancient Tamil is devoid of any such Sanskrit influence..but the present form,what we are spoken today has around 20% Sanskrit loan words.no one uses vinmeen for star or aathavan for sun today,except in Tamil songs or poems...
is...
Sun-njaayiru??
chandra-nila??..in ancient Tamil
we use kadiravan too,

the fact is sanskrit is not widely spoken , if it was as widely as tamil it will also pick up words from neighboring languages due to cultural exchanges...

All I can say was that she was way out of your league. :rofl:

that is up to her to decide:p:

But i doubt her taste, after all, she was friendly with u

As long as it is true

That even the Scheduled Caste Tamils have around 40% of Indo-Aryan ancestry and that Hinduism and Sanskrit language is much ancestral to South Indians as it is to North Indians. :laugh: So, let's see for how much truth coming out of authentic genetic studies can be suppressed. :lol::lol:

As for Hindi, its a relatively new language, its dialects originating around 10th century from Shauraseni apabhramsha, a kind of Western Prakrit. ;)

Last edited:
not all..i meant...the word 'dhaiyiram'..its also used in Kannada and Malayalam..may be in telegu, also..i don't know about hindi..

So much concerned about only one word thought I provided you a list?
Well, whatever so take it

Veer - thunivu/ pagadu/ theeram/ nerthi/ balam

That even a Scheduled Caste Tamils have 40% of Indo-Aryan ancestry and that Hinduism and Sanskrit language is much ancestral to South Indians as it is to North Indians. :laugh: Let see for how much truth coming out of authentic genetic studies can be suppressed. :lol::lol:
I'm not blind supporter of Aryan-dravdan division but the so called dravdans are more ancestral.

The words I stated belong to modern Tamil. Some usage of sanskrits words are due to influence of Hindi and its imposition.
Still people use nila, thingal, aadavan etc.,
yes,'thingal' means 'moon' in Malayalam and 'month' in Kannada

it is a waste of time,anyway at the rate at which UP-Bihar folks are populating TN,these great cultural warriors ll have their hands full all their life.

good luck.

regardless of whatever,the districts of Tnvli/Kkumari/Tuticorin never looked north for any kind of cultural advice and people over there continue to do whatever they want to,a lot of them live outside TN and are more tamil than other tamils,so it is is irrelevant.

By the time people of TN realise the folly of the Dravidian movement,it ll be too late for them to react.

I'm not blind supporter of Aryan-dravdan division but the so called dravdans are more ancestral.

So, you will look at the percentage you inherited from your both ancestors, that sounds gibberish. I mean who looks at percentage of ancestry when talking about ancestors. :omghaha::omghaha:

it is a waste of time,anyway at the rate at which UP-Bihar folks are populating TN,these great cultural warriors ll have their hands full all their life.

good luck.

regardless of whatever,the districts of Tnvli/Kkumari/Tuticorin never looked north for any kind of cultural advice and people over there continue to do whatever they want to,a lot of them live outside TN and are more tamil than other tamils,so it is is irrelevant.

By the time people of TN realise the folly of the Dravidian movement,it ll be too late for them to react.

vandutnagaya conclusion kudkaratahku...

So, you will look at the percentage you inherited from your both ancestors, that sounds gibberish. I mean who looks at percentage of ancestry when talking about ancestors. :omghaha::omghaha:

No...I meant so called Dravidian are everyone's ancestors if there is no Aryan-Dravdian division.

Aryan-Dravidian divide a myth: Study - The Times of India

Last edited:
conclusion ellam appove kuduthachu,unnai maadhiri mango mokkayanunga thaan javvu maadhiri izhuthukitte irukkanga

may be...
srilankan muslims and negombo Sinhalese speak' Tamil 'as their mother tongue..

I never saw him speaking Tamil. But his comments sounds very Pakistani full with Hinduphobia and bringing in Hindu-Muslim thing everywhere.

No...I meant so called Dravidian are everyone's ancestors if there is no Aryan-Dravdian division.

Aryan-Dravidian divide a myth: Study - The Times of India

In North India everyone has 35-60% of so called Dravidian or Ancestral South Indian(ASI) ancestry. Even the isolated Paliyar tribe of Tamil Nadu have this so called Indo-Aryan ancestry, Paliyar still lives in forest.

Last edited:
conclusion ellam appove kuduthachu,unnai maadhiri mango mokkayanunga thaan javvu maadhiri izhuthukitte irukkanga

Conclusion: Lets impose Hindi in Tamil Nadu to help UP and Bihar bhayyas coming to work in construction sites :rofl:

Last edited:
guys ignore razpak,

he has repeated this tam girl coffee story some 101 times,just dont give him importance.

he ll go back and start another,am leaving thread.

good luck.

Keralites are increaingly learning Hindi to deal with this.

I think it's great. No compulsion involved and hopefully there will be no ghettoization :)

She was living in the same apartment building as me. Very pretty girl. Asked me out for coffee, but I declined.

Never questioned your sanity till now. I would have said go for it, but whatever floats your boat man :-)

mallus are always clear,they never slander their heritage and chase silly things.

The fact that all 3 religions celebrate Onam in Kerala is testimony enough.

mallus are always clear,they never slander their heritage and chase silly things.

The fact that all 3 religions celebrate Onam in Kerala is testimony enough.

I think it's great that Tamils are proud of their culture, heritage.

But Hindi is spoken by the highest number of people in India.

I don't think people should be compelled, but rather let economics do the work for you.

Back
Top Bottom