What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

Sp bsp rjd.since when did they become benchmarks . development in tamilnadu is despite dmk admk not because of them.

unaku innum koncham venuma? Tamil is as classic as Sanskrit and even more independent.
If you are using those Sanskrit words then that's your problem..people still use these words without any influence and that's what people are fighting to keep it fresh, untouched from influence of sanskrit and the main reason to fight against hindi imposition.

Can you tell me why you rope in Sanskrit language, if it can only be one thing. :laugh:

From where you copied this gibberish translation with screwed up Devanagari and Tamil scripts. :lol::lol::lol:

Oh yeah! now we Indians have to look at some random Hinduphobic and Indophobic foreigners to understand the meaning of our identity. :o::o::o:

Tamil has longer written history compared to sanskrit...

The only excuse sanstrit lovers say is that sanskrit was passed orally ...

If that was the case, image how far back tamil history would stretch if we added years for orally transmitted part..

Tamil is the crown of indian languages as it constitute 51% of all the inscriptions found in India..

Without this we wouldn't know our history as MOST non-tamil kings failed to record our history, thereby doing great disservice to our nation

All those things have independent Tamil words too

dhin - naazh
varsh - aandu
vaar- kizhamai
sooriya - aadhavan
bhhomi - ulagam
chandar - mathi
nakshathra - vinmeen
shabth - soru
ardh - porul
veer - thairiyam
manush - manidan
purush - kanavan

unaku innum koncham venuma? Tamil is as classic as Sanskrit and even more independent.
If you are using those Sanskrit words then that's your problem..people still use these words without any influence and that's what people are fighting to keep it fresh, untouched from influence of sanskrit and the main reason to fight against hindi imposition.

Even Tamil has given lot more words to English as loan words so that doesn't mean English is based on Tamil...try to get some sense.
brother,i am talking about the modern Tamil..yes..i do admit...ancient Tamil is devoid of any such Sanskrit influence..but the present form,what we are spoken today has around 20% Sanskrit loan words.no one uses vinmeen for star or aathavan for sun today,except in Tamil songs or poems...
is...
Sun-njaayiru??
chandra-nila??..in ancient Tamil

All those things have independent Tamil words too

dhin - naazh
varsh - aandu
vaar- kizhamai
sooriya - aadhavan
bhhomi - ulagam
chandar - mathi
nakshathra - vinmeen
shabth - soru
ardh - porul
veer - thairiyam
manush - manidan
purush - kanavan

Even Tamil has given lot more words to English as loan words so that doesn't mean English is based on Tamil...try to get some sense.

Tamil has longer written history compared to sanskrit...

The only excuse sanstrit lovers say is that sanskrit was passed orally ...

If that was the case, image how far back tamil history would stretch if we added years for orally transmitted part..

Tamil is the crown of indian languages as it constitute 51% of all the inscriptions found in India..

Without this we wouldn't know our history as MOST non-tamil kings failed to record our history, thereby doing great disservice to our nation

I never denied the classical status of Tamil language.

brother,i am talking about the modern Tamil..yes..i do admit...ancient Tamil is devoid of any such Sanskrit influence..but the present form,what we are spoken today has around 20% Sanskrit loan words.no one uses vinmeen for star or aathavan for sun today,except in Tamil songs or poems...
is...
Sun-njaayiru??
chandra-nila??..in ancient Tamil

The words I stated belong to modern Tamil. Some usage of sanskrits words are due to influence of Hindi and its imposition.
Still people use nila, thingal, aadavan etc.,

Now the argument is not that Tamil or Sanskrit is better but why Hindi should be imposed? and where is equal rights of other regional language.
When Tamil and Sanskrit can be compared to their rich tradition. Hindi doesn't have any chance to stand in this comparison. So need to have special treatment for Hindi in a country of diversity.

naal,aandu,porul,vinmeen,nila,njayiru,ulakam,manithan,dhaiyiram(i think its from Sanskrit),kanavan are also used in Malayalam..
Its other way around not from Malayalam but in Malayalam. Check your facts.

You can trace words in Malayalam to its roots in Sanskrit or Tamil.

Last edited:
@abjktu That guy Manlion is not a Tamil, I know him since the long time. First he use to annoy Indians by bringing in Tamil vs Non-Tamils, Hindu-Muslim things and his Hinduphobia and very recently started to annoy Sri Lankans so that he can pretend. But alas this is a Pakistani forum.
may be...
srilankan muslims and negombo Sinhalese speak' Tamil 'as their mother tongue..

Now the argument is not that Tamil or Sanskrit is better but why Hindi should be imposed? and where is equal rights of other regional language.
When Tamil and Sanskrit can be compared to their rich tradition. Hindi doesn't have any chance to stand in this comparison. So need to have special treatment for Hindi in a country of diversity.

Its not from Sanskrit but other way around and also with your Malayalam statement..not from Malayalam but in Malayalam. Check your facts.

You can trace words in Malayalam to its roots in Sanskrit or Tamil.
not all..i meant...the word 'dhaiyiram'..its also used in Kannada and Malayalam..may be in telegu, also..i don't know about hindi..

Back
Top Bottom