What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

Dialects evolve from language, not other way around. Dialects are first crack, which if perpetuated evolves in to fully grown language. Braj,Avadhi and Khari boli are dialects of hindi from which they have evolved.

lets face fact, Hindi is/was a dialect - khari boli and not a language, its evolution into a 'language' was relatively young and artificial in the 16 - 18th century

Hindustani is based on an early dialect of Hindi, known by linguists as Khari Boli, which originated in Delhi and an adjacent region within the Ganges-Yamuna Doab (interfluve). During the Mughal period (early 16th to mid-18th century), when political power became centred on Delhi, Khari Boli absorbed numerous Persian words

Khari Boli (language) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

Have you never heard the concept of loan words?

Hindi has far too many loan words from Arabic , Persian, Turkish

Loan Words in Hindi | Hindi Language Blog

Arabic and Hindi: Joined at birth | The Economist

That dumb guy Manlion was once distributing the wisdom telling us how Tamil Hinduism is a separate religion compared to Hinduism practised in rest of India.

th

Last edited:
@manlion
All indian languages are more or less influenced by Sanskrit..arabic and persian words to some extent...
even in your so called pure dravidan language Tamil,around 20% words used in spoken slang are from pure Sanskrit...we can even find quite a lot Dutch,Portuguese,arabic,Hebrew words in them..does it mean that Tamil is non native??
go and fly a kite...

@manlion
All indian languages are more or less influenced by Sanskrit..arabic and persian words to some extent...
even in your so called pure dravidan language Tamil,around 20% words used in spoken slang are from pure Sanskrit...we can even find quite a lot Dutch,Portuguese,arabic,Hebrew words in them..does it mean that Tamil is non native??
go and fly a kite...
I thought you were a Tamilian too.

lets face fact, Hindi is/was a dialect - khari boli and not a language, its evolution into a 'language' was relatively young and artificial in the 16 - 18th century

Khari Boli (language) -- Encyclopedia Britannica
http://global.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/316379/Khari-Boli

Do you have any idea about language standardization based on a common dialect.
gigglesmile.gif

Those are only handful of loanwords, can you speak even a single sentence in Hindi, seems google search always won't help. :laugh:

Wtf North Indian slaves telling South Indians to speak hindi? Wh
Do you have any idea about language standardization based on a common dialect.
gigglesmile.gif

Those are only handful of loanwords, can you speak even a single sentence in Hindi, seems google search always won't help. :laugh:

70% of hindi words are arabic/persian. ;) Not to forget Sanskrit it self is gift by foreigners to India. Basically you are asking them to learn hindi, the only Indians left with dignity and honour. Not to forget how developed they are compared to hindi Bhaiya state of yours.

Wtf North Indian slaves telling South Indians to speak hindi? Wh

70% of hindi words are arabic/persian. ;) Not to forget Sanskrit it self is gift by foreigners to India. Basically you are asking them to learn hindi, the only Indians left with dignity and honour. Not to forget how developed they are compared to hindi Bhaiya state of yours.

Lahnda is 99.999999999% Persian, now spare me from your bullshit.
gigglesmile.gif
gigglesmile.gif

Last edited:
Tamils are the only yendians I don't hate. Tamils don't look at me with those evil yendian eyes. Nice people actually, except the hindutva clowns on this forum.

Sorry sir... We non hindutvati tamils also hate pakistan:P ... we just hate u objectively and not share that love-hate relationship that u have with north/western india thanks to shared history

it is irrelevant,dravidian parties are like an expired pack of capsules,soon the people ll throw them out just like communists in kerala.

Dravidian parties did more to TN than ur SP, BSP and RJD did to their states...

Hindi fanatics telling us to learn hindi is same as imposing roman numerals on a population that uses indian numerals..

Its not wrong, but it just makes no sense .. its funny because its ignorant, sad because there is no equal to tamil language and brings out sense of bewilderment...

Last edited:
@manlion
even in your so called pure dravidan language Tamil,around 20% words used in spoken slang are from pure Sanskrit...we can even find quite a lot Dutch, Portuguese, arabic, Hebrew words in them..does it mean that Tamil is non native?? go and fly a kite...

don't confuse Kerala with TN, Kerala has a history of Aryans, Arabs, Syrians, Jews, Portuguese, Chinese etc landing on its shores and "integrating" with the local's culturally and racially

Medieval Tamil had some Sanskrit words but it was purged in the 19th Century by Tamil purists,(refer wiki link). Tamil in formal writing , speech and scientific discourses is largely devoid of Sanskrit loan words .

Tanittamil Iyakkam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lahnda is 99.999999999% Persian, now spare me from your bullshit.
gigglesmile.gif
gigglesmile.gif

Bhaiya if only your people concentrated on development instead of breeding like rats, tiny states of UP and Bihar have over 300 million people and per capita income of below $500. It will be better if you guys stop being burden on South Indians instead of telling them to speak hindi.

Medieval Tamil had some Sanskrit words but it was purged in the 19th Century by Tamil purists,(refer wiki link). Tamil in formal writing , speech and scientific discourses is largely devoid of Sanskrit loan words .

Tanittamil Iyakkam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Tamil vernacular spoken in Tamil Nadu still contains lots of Sanskrit words. As I said, Hinduism and Sanskrit language will always stay strong in South India.

Bhaiya if only your people concentrated on development instead of breeding like rats, tiny states of UP and Bihar have over 300 million people and per capita income of below $500. It will be better if you guys stop being burden on South Indians instead of telling them to speak hindi.

Now, I have to learn all this from Pakistanis having literacy rate of mere 58% and having highest number of kids out of school in entire Asia. :laugh:

:D
The Tamil vernacular spoken in Tamil Nadu still contains lots of Sanskrit words. As I said, Hinduism and Sanskrit language will always stay strong in South India.

Now, I have to learn all this from Pakistanis having literacy rate of mere 58% and having highest number of kids out of school in entire Asia. :laugh:

still better then $450 per capita income shit hole bhiaya state of UP and Bihar.

Back
Top Bottom