What's new

Modi employs new tool in India’s war against the English language: Hindi medical degrees

Ali_Baba

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

>> totally agree - english should be banned from all education, but junior and higher in India.. it should all be in Hindi ... if you cannot learn in your mothertongue in your homeland - then there is a problem ...

>> totally agree - english should be banned from all education, but junior and higher in India.. it should all be in Hindi ... if you cannot learn in your mothertongue in your homeland - then there is a problem ...

Who told you hindi is mother tongue of all Indians?

Actually, that's a very good idea because most people might not understand English as much as they would understand their own language better.

Who told you hindi is mother tongue of all Indians?

I did not - i suggested and implied that a) all indians are taught hindi instead of english regardless of where they are in india b) all education is delivered in hindi - reinforcing point a) ......

Not sure how practical this would be and most Indians don’t really speak Hindi. Products of Hindi medium medical colleges will always be somewhat inferior to physicians trained in English (mostly owing to issues with translation — and their inability to understand emerging global medical publications/findings with ease).

But north India is relatively backward and does need more doctors —- also many other countries already do this to some degree. We might even create a whole new employment scheme for translators as a consequence 😂

Hindi is an option for people hailing from rural areas
the primary language will still be English
there's no change just an extra option

If it’s just Hindi, this will see push back in Bengal (as Pakistan learned) and in India’s south.

India will take centuries, if ever, to make one common local language/culture like the way Chinese “Han-effy”/“Mandarin-ize” all people living in China.

That is why English was seen as the common alternative to local languages. Especially for higher education.

I did not - i suggested and implied that a) all indians are taught hindi instead of english regardless of where they are in india b) all education is delivered in hindi - reinforcing point a) ......

You are entitled to your opinion. I think this is impractical and not a good choice. I don't agree with that. I can speak (a bit) and understand hindi. But don't want hindi as a medium of learning for all.

If it’s just Hindi, this will see push back in Bengal (as Pakistan learned) and in India’s south.

India will take centuries, if ever, to make one common local language/culture like the way Chinese “Han-effy”/“Mandarin-ize” all people living in China.

That is why English was seen as the common alternative to local languages. Especially for higher education.
There's no need to have a common language/culture
the beauty of India is the vibrant cultures in different states
English can stay the preferred medium in most places

There's no need to have a common language/culture
the beauty of India is the vibrant cultures in different states
English can stay the preferred medium in most places
Most would agree; why change something that is already working. But if the change is done it is to meet a political end not primarily an economic goal.

Actually, that's a very good idea because most people might not understand English as much as they would understand their own language better.
As in every country who's skin colour is white.

It's the dark people who believe that English is the language of God.

What a waste, truly a retarded decision if true.

Respect the profession and keep politics out of it.

I just would like to know the qualification of the professors that will be teaching Medicine in Hindi

I am happy with this policy.

Let these Hindi educated doctors kill more and more Hindi uneducated patients.

Modi is the best friend of the Muslims of South Asia.

Back
Top Bottom