What's new

Why are some pakistanis calling themselves as "Desi"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it is still your watan (homeland). Wherever you are from, but sounds like you are not from Pakistan.

First of all Urdu is not the mother tongues of Pakistanis. It is lingua franca in Pakistan, the second language of Pakistanis.
Mother tongues are Pashto, Balochi, Punjabi, Sindhi and Kashmiri and all others and as National Language Urdu as second language.
I'm Pashtun/Kashmiri the word "desi" is unfamiliar among us. Thats no problem at all. And if it is used in Urdu, it should be removed because Urdu needs more to connect western and northern pakistan. And not foreign countries.
Even some Pakistanis can't speak Urdu IN Pakistan, because they never visited school, especially those in rural areas.
dude think rationally & logically heck even my origin is of up/Bihar in India, & language is Bhojpuri (no kidding) does that makes me any less a Pakistani or Canadian ? one of my best friends family from Karachi are originally Madrasi so, does that makes them Indian or Sri Lankan ?

dude think rationally & logically heck even my origin is of up/Bihar in India, & language is Bhojpuri (no kidding) does that makes me any less a Pakistani or Canadian ? one of my best friends family from Karachi are originally Madrasi so, does that makes them Indian or Sri Lankan ?

Yes it does, do you have problem with that? Be proud of your roots.

q
Language evolution is not always organic; sometimes it is driven by media campaigns.
There is nothing wrong with making Pakistani Urdu more inclusive.

Can be done in Pakistan as most of you learn Urdu through PTV, not naturally. I heard Pakistan artificially try to add more Persian in Urdu after independence, your movies from 1950-60s used very normal Urdu identical to Indian one.

You are a Pakistani who is a Muhajir (Indian roots). Be proud that you have/had a home in Pakistan. Thats your country. Be proud of it.

Then go there and experience no electricity, pollution, dirty food, corruption, target killings, bomb blasts etc :lol:

South Asia is one big shithole. If I was living there I would try my hardest to get out on every moment.
:angry::angry::angry::astagh::astagh::astagh:

Some people don't understand the simple concept that you are a Pakistani if you hold the nationality and consider yourself a Pakistani.

Ethnicity, religion and past origin are irrelevant.

Why are Indians obsessed with this thread?
Why are Indians so obsessed with Pakistan?

Well thats a question which we will never get an answer from, not even in 100 years.

But it is annoying.

Well thats a question which we will never get an answer from, not even in 100 years.

But it is annoying.

Obsession -
1. psychiatry a persistent idea or impulse that continually forces its way into consciousness, often associated with anxiety and mental illness

Yes it does, do you have problem with that? Be proud of your roots.

yes I do I hate all those who are into race, ethnicities for me the rules is fukc my & your ethnicity.
:pakistan:

Last edited:
yes I do I hate all those who are into race, ethnicities for me the rules is fukc my & your ethnicity, as simple as that. & that's why I am in Canada Read: Multicultural country & op is from Germany in the West the rule is simple , our hemisphere our rules ! as simple as that for anyone playing the ethnic, roots, race, colour, language cards we say now get down on your knees & abuse your ethnicity
jaga hamari to dadagiri bhi hamari chalegi bus ! @shan , abb agar mein bahar jaa kar kisi naye aye huwe Punjabi ki dhulai ki apne kale doston ke saath, to gunah tumhare sir pe ok, mujhe jab ghussa aata hai, toh mein kamzoron pe zulm karta hoon aur phir mujhe guilty hoti hi ,toh so please bhai, mujhe mat cher kyunki tumhari ghussa mein kisi mazloom factory mein kaam karne wale Punjabi pe nikaloonga phir Allah hasher ke din mein tumhe pakre gein

I was not talking about race.
Pakistan took many Muhajirs, who mainly live in Karachi. I know some Muhajirs.
They came to Pakistan and became Pakistani.
So they are my brothers.

i call Pakistani nd indian girls Desi its not a sign of disrespect but just for funn to

But it is annoying.

you started a tread about desi word and don't expext Indians to post. why not start a thread about your Pashto language no indian will give 2 hoot about it

i call Pakistani nd indian girls Desi its not a sign of disrespect but just for funn to

Please don't do that. Indians and bengals ok. But not Pakistanis.

you started a tread about desi word and don't expext Indians to post. why not start a thread about your Pashto language no indian will give 2 hoot about it

I am seriously doubting that.

Please don't do that. Indians and bengals ok. But not Pakistanis.

I am seriously doubting that.

its you who have problem with our language word..what do you call your countrymen in Pashto.. call yourselves that ..easy. we wont stop you neither do we ask your countrymen to call themselves desi or watch Indians movies and drama serials. people are always attracted to better language and culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom