What's new

Why are some pakistanis calling themselves as "Desi"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes I do I hate all those who are into race, ethnicities for me the rules is fukc my & your ethnicity, as simple as that. & that's why I am in Canada Read: Multicultural country & op is from Germany in the West the rule is simple , our hemisphere our rules ! as simple as that for anyone playing the ethnic, roots, race, colour, language cards we say now get down on your knees & abuse your ethnicity
jaga hamari to dadagiri bhi hamari chalegi bus ! @shan , abb agar mein bahar jaa kar kisi naye aye huwe Punjabi ki dhulai ki apne kale doston ke saath, to gunah tumhare sir pe ok, mujhe jab ghussa aata hai, toh mein kamzoron pe zulm karta hoon aur phir mujhe guilty hoti hi ,toh so please bhai, mujhe mat cher kyunki tumhari ghussa mein kisi mazloom factory mein kaam karne wale Punjabi pe nikaloonga phir Allah hasher ke din mein tumhe pakre gein

Be carefull, punjabis are better off left alone. Canada is full of them, you will be beaten to oblivion along with your habshi friends.

Why are Indians obsessed with this thread?
Why are Indians so obsessed with Pakistan?

Well thats a question which we will never get an answer from, not even in 100 years.

But it is annoying.

This is normal, they outnumbers us on PDF. Just not possible to keep them away.

its you who have problem with our language word..what do you call your countrymen in Pashto.. call yourselves that ..easy. we wont stop you neither do we ask your countrymen to call themselves desi or watch Indians movies and drama serials. people are always attracted to better language and culture.

Well I asked why SOME Pakistanis call themselves "Desi". Hence the thread name.
I didn't ask Indians.
Pashto and all other languages of Pakistan are 100 times better than your languages. Go speak your dravidian languages.

I didn't ask Indians.
Pashto and all other languages of Pakistan are 100 times better than your languages. Go speak your dravidian languages.
Pashto in Punjabi means language of toddlers which ones cant comprehend....you made Urdu your national language which is indian language and not Pashto.

All the Indians instantly attracted to a Pakistani topic. Shoo, buzz away :disagree:

They indeed are. But desi is an umbrella term for Subcontinentals; just as white is an umbrella term for Europeans, and black for African/Caribbeans.
In the UK I've never really heard anyone use it, 'Asian' is more commonly flung about. Might be more popular in the US though since 'Asian' over there mainly refers to the Eastern Asian populations.

No here in the US when they say Asian they are thinking specifically East Asian. There should be an option for South Asian but there is not so usually I put other and then write South Asian next to it so they know the difference in forms and stuff like that.

Pashto in Punjabi means language of toddlers which ones cant comprehend

Maybe in East Punjab.
East Punjab normally doesn't belong to you. But I don't know how Sikhs think in their "healthy" mind. I heard Sikh Punjabis speak rude. Maybe Sikh means sick?

you made Urdu your national language which is indian language and not Pashto.

Urdu became national language of Pakistan because of British before that it was Persian. Even Iqbal wrote his poems etc. in persian. But Pakistani government kept Urdu as National language after Independence. Our work is to make urdu more pakistani and less English and foreign.

We can't make pashto or punjabi the national language of Pakistan because that would mean ethnic subordination. Other ethnics had to adopt the language of majorities. And that would lead to resistance.

Maybe in East Punjab.
East Punjab normally doesn't belong to you. But I don't know how Sikhs think in their "healthy" mind. I heard Sikh Punjabis speak rude. Maybe Sikh means sick?

Urdu became national language of Pakistan because of British before that it was Persian. Even Iqbal wrote his poems etc. in persian. But Pakistani government kept Urdu as National language after Independence. Our work is to make urdu more pakistani and less English and foreign.

We can't make pashto or punjabi the national language of Pakistan because that would mean ethnic subordination. Other ethnics had to adopt the language of majorities. And that would lead to resistance.
Sikhs are better off than pakitani any day and get more respect everywhere unlike Pakistani who have to pretend they are Indians.
and you made Urdu a national language which was spoken by what less than 2% of the population. you Pakistanis have a fetish for foreign culture, language and military heroes that you make them your own. its a massive inferiority complex.

I didn't ask Indians.

Since you are Pashto, then being a Desi is none of your business because you Pashtuns bear no cultural similarities with people East of the Indus river, go find your similarities with Iranians or Tajiks. :cheesy::cheesy:

q

Can be done in Pakistan as most of you learn Urdu through PTV, not naturally. I heard Pakistan artificially try to add more Persian in Urdu after independence, your movies from 1950-60s used very normal Urdu identical to Indian one.

Not with Urdu. But after India's independence, the GOI started artificially adding Sanskrit words to Hindi to promote it as a better language for Indians, so that actually created a big rift. Now you have the 'official/government' variant, used in some shows like the Indian variant of 'who wants to be a millionaire' (by Amitabh); and the variety spoken by most people.

Since you are Pashto, then being a Desi is none of your business because you Pashtuns bear no cultural similarities with people East of the Indus river, go find your similarities with Iranians or Tajiks. :cheesy::cheesy:

Um, you have no say in this. Dravidians are pretty different then their Northern counterparts as well, and you're well aware of that.
Besides, most people who live immediate to the west of the Indus river are either Punjabi or Sindhi anyway. And we do share far more with our Pashtun populace than most Indians.

Sikhs are better off than pakitani any day and get more respect everywhere unlike Pakistani who have to pretend they are Indians.
and you made Urdu a national language which was spoken by what less than 2% of the population. you Pakistanis have a fetish for foreign culture, language and military heroes that you make them your own. its a massive inferiority complex.

Sikhs get their *** beat and turbans removed by the Kale here in the west and they can only say, "wait we are not Muslims". :lol:

No Pakistani pretend to be Indian around here not that it would help because people who hate on Pakistanis here have no love lost for Indians either.

Rather than somehow going on a tirade about preserving "Pakistaniat".. the OP has ended up creating a match of racist bigotry and idiocy that seems to define "Pakistaniat".

Also, Desi has been used for the identification of both Pakistanis by other Pakistanis.. and as a general term for referring to people from the Des of the subcontinent. It is an older term used earlier to identify goods from one's land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom