What's new

Who does Pakistan relate to more - Asia or Middle East?

Learning a new language is not the same as having a new language as the National Language, there will be alot of backlash especially from people of Karachi and Punjab as Punjabi is alot closer to urdu than it is to Dari and Karachiwalay don't like learning a new language unless its English
Yeah I feel you. But then again the argument can be made against the Karachiwalays that they don't speak Urdu, they speak Hindi.

Why do You PAKISTANIS keep opening threads asking the SAME QUESTIONS ??

You look like ,,, YOU ARE ,, you always be treated like

1. Pakistanis
2. Moslems
3 South Asians
4. Non Ango saxon

BE PROUD OF YOUR heritage

You cannot be Persian or Arabic or Central Asian .......... These people look different. behave different and ARE DIFFERENT

HALF YOUR TOTAL POPLULATION IS PUNJABI ........

b8aeed990a58191b69ac07.jpg

I agree with you- it's a fact that the vast majority of the pakistani population are Indo-aryan people same as India and speak many of the same languages. There are differences of course but admitting we share a common culture with a neighbour does not mean you love bollywood or invalidate your country as some insecure pakistanis here seem to think :rolleyes:
I mean the americans had a revolution but they don't deny the British colonial roots and the white anglo culture or deny their ancestry which is the heritage of one of the largest groups of white americans. I'm not really bothered that we share a common south asian culture in my view our south asian culture it's much more beautiful,diverse,lovely, richer and more colourful than bland arab culture anyway.

I agree with you- it's a fact that the vast majority of the pakistani population are Indo-aryan people same as India and speak many of the same languages. There are differences of course but admitting we share a common culture with a neighbour does not mean you love bollywood or invalidate your country as some insecure pakistanis here seem to think :rolleyes:
I mean the americans had a revolution but they don't deny the British colonial roots and the white anglo culture or deny their ancestry which is the heritage of one of the largest groups of white americans. I'm not really bothered that we share a common south asian culture in my view our south asian culture it's much more beautiful,diverse,lovely, richer and more colourful than bland arab culture anyway.

I am sorry but i disagree with you. I am part of 30% of the population that have nothing in common with India or Indians. Our food is different our language is different we even look different. Then add the baloch, hazaras, chitralis, people of GB and many more, that is close to 50% population.

We dont want to nor do we like to be bundled up with India or indians. We also dont have any connection with Arabs either neither we seek a connection. We are proud of what we are.

Idk about the other 200 mil Pakistanis but I know @PAKISTANFOREVER belongs to the banglerdash race.
Hes a punjabi

Where did you learn geography? lmao

You meant south asia right?

this doesn't make any sense troll

Iqbal is sock account of troll, I'm pretty sure who he is but lets leave it.
Lmao even for trolling he cant troll

Funny that you mention it, i have been researching that as well and have been wondering would it have been better to have gone back to Dari instead of Urdu as our National Language. I think so coz it would have separated us from India completely.
Why dari? That too wasnt our local tongue. Over that i would always take up kosher, shina, balochi, pushtoo etc as national tongue than an outsider one. None of my previous older generations could speak dari , theyw erent fluent in our local punjabi, kosher and urdu. Later my mother learnt farsi at school and itoo want to learn too.

Also urdu was perhaps picked also cause the entire indeoendent pakistan campaigning was done in Urdu to bring the crowds together. Urdu was widely known across several ethnic groups.

But iwould pick local gbs shina or brusho as national language it will be so much fun our new coming generations wont be able to understand and watch bollywood lmao, a film industry that has uses urdu witha fake label of hindi.

Pakistan can stand alone, we have many tribes and also there is a huge list of different languages if Pakistan goes with middle east then there are few countries those can support Pakistan like as turkey, Saudia, and Qatar. But most probably Pakistan never want to use their currency and other stuff. on the other hand in Asia Pakistan has a strong identity regarding their force and their economy.

I agree and i have said this many times before on PDF that the Urdu spoken nowadays especially in Karachi is full of bollywood gangsta style words and it sounds horrendous.The Urdu spoken in Punjab is still much better. I am wondering if its to late to change the national language to Dari but not to Iranian Farsi.
People mistake karachi mohajirs as one solid identity. They are a mix of people where some speak perfect urdu and those coming from bihari, up background have bollywoodish sort of urdu but thats due to the region their families moved in from. So you will find karachiites who will speak perfect flawless urdu and many such people have remained in showbiz and they made great contributions to pak showbiz industry and towards growth of urdu. Also gujrati memons have their own accents. Plus we have millions of bengali immigrants living in khi whose accents are then totally different.

Punjab has done best with urdu. Also pakistan has preserved Urdu very well, i mean i seriously dont see any resemblance in the kind of urdu spoken in pakistan and the hindi spoken in bollywood. And btw bollywood uses more of urdu with v few hindi words cause their hindi doesnt sell among masses. Plus urdu wasnt made by indians so its not even their language.

Urdu itself had grown out of dialects of sanskrit and sanskrit itself was a derivative of aryans languages, aryans the supposed ancestors of pakistan. So i dont know how urud is alien for pakistanis? But yeah indo understand peoples personal preference for regional languages that ihave no issues with but i am happy with urdu as national tongue binding nation together. And by now we have developed a fine urdu legalese.

No YOUR not Indian

YOU ARE A PAKISTANI .............. get some confidence

And stop pretending to be like Persians or Arabs o Turks........... They will laugh at humiliate you
No pakistani ever claimed ot be ashamed of his identity and you very well knew that but since being an indian you suffer from deeprooted inner inferiority compelxes so as u cudnt stand pakistanis not giving shytt to india , you jumped in to show ur non existent worth and started to troll making posts trying to project that pakistanis in this thread are feeling sad about their idnetity etc etc.

No none of us did nor will do. The only one with no identity , with even a countrys name borrowed from pakistan ,that is the word india, the whole stolen history of ivc are yourselves.

Poor mallu cant take the fact noone gives shytt to his dravida nagar had to jump in to show his absolute zero worth.

Indeed. As distinct as other nations from their neighbours. The Oder River between Germany and Poland does not have three legs one eyed people as contrasted to the Poles with three eyes on one leg. As much as there ae differances between most countries we have them. But.

Very true. At heart of the equation it is very simple. Aitzaz Ahsan's book "The Indus Saga ad Making of Pakistan" pretty well lays the blueprint for Pakistan. It picks up on the fac that countries are geographies. Soil. Earth. Dust. Land. That is what makes a nation. That is what we spill blood over. Without land there can be no sovereign nation. This land we call Pakistan that has cultivated the collage that lives on it has a long unique history going back to Mehr Garh 5,000 years ago. The Indus valley is a unique geography that has given birth to us. In his book "Indus Saga" Aitzaz Ahsan charts the evolution of a land. A 5,000 year saga.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/872849.The_Indus_Saga_and_the_Making_of_Pakistan

If this book in tandem with Rehmat Ali and Sir Allama Iqbal's call or "Muslim majority homeland" was leveraged by making it required reading for all Pakistani school children within a generation Pakistan would have a strong, pronounced, unique identity that would gell the polyglot peoples of the Indus Basin together. It would give this nation pride that we are second to non and that we hold the distinction of having been the cradle of human civilization. Our people would be cured of the schizoid nature they show many rooting for "Indian" or "Arab" or "Central Asian" identities and others fighting for some escapist ummah which actually is just as cheap contractors of Palestinians or other Arabs.

Sir Allama Iqbal 1980 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allahabad_Address

I would like to see the Punjab, North-West Frontier Province, Sindh and Baluchistan amalgamated into a single State.

Rehmat Ali 1933 http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/pritchett/00islamlinks/txt_rahmatali_1933.html

I am enclosing herewith an appeal on behalf of the thirty million Muslims of PAKISTAN, who live in the five Northern Units of India--Punjab, North-West Frontier (Afghan) Province, Kashmir, Sind, and Baluchistan. It embodies their demand for the recognition of their national status, as distinct from the other inhabitants of India, by the grant to Pakistan of a separate Federal Constitution on religious, social and historical group

But. But this has not happened and will not. Aitzaz's book has failed to gain any widespread traction and in fact has been dismissed by many talkingheads. The reasons are simple. First the religious lobby will not accept any such thing. Their goal is the ummah. Then we also have the Muhajir elite which pretty well dominates the media and education. To the 7% of this Pakistan are not exactly open to this "Pakistan" as they are not from the Indus Basin.

Therefore I see a broken and fractured identities fighting each other depending on their background. Say we are "Indians" on vacation from Hindutwa's in Karachi might not be taken too well in Mardan. Religion is peddled unleashed via energetic mullahs in a attempt to pucker up the "Muslim refuge" narrative although as I mentioned that itself brings it's own set of problems.

If a more composite anchored on the Indus region is not developed then as the differant regions of Pakistan develop I can see Pakistan cracking up along the Indus faultline with the easter half gaining the right to go "full on Indian" and perhaps rejoin Mata India. The future is bleak if this issue is not resolved. The pointer to this is how we have regional parties. PPP rural sindh. PML-N Punjab. MQM the Indian refugees in Karachi. PTI is heading to be a Pakhtun pressure group much as MQMN is a Indian migrant pressure group. This along with others shows the fractured polity of Pakistan.
You are one of the biggest hypocrites on this forum.

So according to u pakistanis are a refugee in pakistan and arE actually indians just cause they stay bonded together due to reliigon.

Do u know what if it werent for the muslims brotherhood then all those millions of afghan refugees that you defend day in day out on this forum and who are the major cause of terrorism in pakistan ,would not have found a place inside pakistan.

Even now when we discuss expulsion of refugees you cry at the top of your lungs like a banshee in threads. I think we should take up cues from you and get rid of muslim brotherhood nonsense and should just kick out all afghan refugees in massive and masisve groups

People mistake karachi mohajirs as one solid identity. They are a mix of people where some speak perfect urdu and those coming from bihari, up background have bollywoodish sort of urdu but thats due to the region their families moved in from. So you will find karachiites who will speak perfect flawless urdu and many such people have remained in showbiz and they made great contributions to pak showbiz industry and towards growth of urdu. Also gujrati memons have their own accents. Plus we have millions of bengali immigrants living in khi whose accents are then totally different.

Punjab has done best with urdu. Also pakistan has preserved Urdu very well, i mean i seriously dont see any resemblance in the kind of urdu spoken in pakistan and the hindi spoken in bollywood. And btw bollywood uses more of urdu with v few hindi words cause their hindi doesnt sell among masses. Plus urdu wasnt made by indians so its not even their language.

Urdu itself had grown out of dialects of sanskrit and sanskrit itself was a derivative of aryans languages, aryans the supposed ancestors of pakistan. So i dont know how urud is alien for pakistanis? But yeah indo understand peoples personal preference for regional languages that ihave no issues with but i am happy with urdu as national tongue binding nation together. And by now we have developed a fine urdu legalese.

No pakistani ever claimed ot be ashamed of his identity and you very well knew that but since being an indian you suffer from deeprooted inner inferiority compelxes so as u cudnt stand pakistanis not giving shytt to india , you jumped in to show ur non existent worth and started to troll making posts trying to project that pakistanis in this thread are feeling sad about their idnetity etc etc.

No none of us did nor will do. The only one with no identity , with even a countrys name borrowed from pakistan ,that is the word india, the whole stolen history of ivc are yourselves.

Poor mallu cant take the fact noone gives shytt to his dravida nagar had to jump in to show his absolute zero worth.

So according to u pakistanis are a refugee in pakistan and arE actually indians just cause they stay bonded together due to reliigon.

Do u know what if it werent for the muslims brotherhood then all those millions of afghan refugees that you defend day in day out on this forum and who are the major cause of terrorism in pakistan ,would not have found a place inside pakistan.

Even now when we discuss expulsion of refugees you cry at the top of your lungs like a banshee in threads. I think we should take up cues from you and get rid of muslim brotherhood nonsense and should just kick out all afghan refugees in massive and masisve groups
The young population of Karachi’s high rises speaks some bastardized bombay hindi generally because they are the cable generation living off Indian soaps.

The affluent areas of Karachi/Lahore/Islamabad young generation speaks the western arsecrack licking urdu/english crap..

The only true remaining bastions of good urdu are cadet colleges, government run schools and boarding schools. Some of the best Urdu I heard out of my own grandparents and my parents generation was at the Islamia college in Peshawar- pristine grammar and delivery.

Actually the culprit of making urdu sound bad is the younger generation that thinks if they talk like the gangsters in bollywood movies they will sound cool.

The older generation is guilty of adding english in urdu. If you watch the talk shows they add so much english.

I recently saw a clip from an old Pak drama and the urdu on it sounded so nice.

Most of the Pakistan is in S A but its a mix as so many are Persian and CAR and even Europe It is understandable that most of the Pakistanis feel ashamed of calling them South Asians because of India. but we are mix and one of the most diverse country in the world and this is our strength.

The young population of Karachi’s high rises speaks some bastardized bombay hindi generally because they are the cable generation living off Indian soaps.

The affluent areas of Karachi/Lahore/Islamabad young generation speaks the western arsecrack licking urdu/english crap..

The only true remaining bastions of good urdu are cadet colleges, government run schools and boarding schools. Some of the best Urdu I heard out of my own grandparents and my parents generation was at the Islamia college in Peshawar- pristine grammar and delivery.

can you pls elaborate as i am living in Karachi and dont see/ observed that yet as FYI indians soups were popular for few years i think in the start of 2000s and this is not the case anymore so pls do some research before commenting:lol:. However, i agree with the 2nd part of new generation like me becoming more and more western in everything.

Most of the Pakistan is in S A but its a mix as so many are Persian and CAR and even Europe It is understandable that most of the Pakistanis feel ashamed of calling them South Asians because of India. but we are mix and one of the most diverse country in the world and this is our strength.

can you pls elaborate as i am living in Karachi and dont see/ observed that yet as FYI indians soups were popular for few years i think in the start of 2000s and this is not the case anymore so pls do some research before commenting:lol:. However, i agree with the 2nd part of new generation like me becoming more and more western in everything.
I have done enough research living 20 years of my life in Karachi. The high rise apartment residents speak Hindi more than Urdu.. while the DHA youth try their best to imitate a western accent in Urdu(I doubt they even have the ability to write urdu)

I have done enough research living 20 years of my life in Karachi. The high rise apartment residents speak Hindi more than Urdu.. while the DHA youth try their best to imitate a western accent in Urdu(I doubt they even have the ability to write urdu)
seems like you are not living in Karachi anymore as i said you are talking about past when you were living in Karachi. I am living in Karachi and know more then what you experienced decades ago.

and lol at hindi more then urdu which i never even observed when some soups were popular.:enjoy:

Pakistan is related to Pakistanies just like our language Urdu mix from east to west we are from all over but now we are Pakistani living in this part of asia. why we are confusing ourselves that we belong to that sect or that area. :) easy guys.
Simple we belong to pakistan

Pakistan cannot disassociate itself from India and India cannot disassociate itself from Pakistan.
Religious difference cannot separate the same people for too long.

I will explain this to you with an example, consider North Korea and South Korea.. they have different ideologies. One follows communist philosophy and the other is a democracy, yet North Koreans and South Koreans are the same, one can’t say that North Koreans are similar to Cubans or soviets more than South Koreans just because they believe in the same ideology.
Pakistan disassociates itself from India. India cannot disassociate itself from Pakistan because Indians drool over our heritage and think that everything from Syria to Indonesia was once a part of a Vedic superpower country called Bharat Mata and that it's people were Indians and since they have decided to shed their primitive beliefs and convert to a much more logical religion; they forfeit their history and ancestry to some Ram Kumar sitting 1000 miles away.

You cannot compare North Korea and South Korea to Pakistan and India. We have different indigenous languages, different ethnicities, a different history, different cultures, different traditions and etc... We constitute a separate country, people and culture - learn to live with that.

Last edited:
You look like ,,, YOU ARE ,, you always be treated like
1. Pakistanis
2. Moslems
3 South Asians
4. Non Ango saxon
Now, now ,,now how could we possibly be Anglo-Saxons after all we are chalk and cheese to the "Saxenas" :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha: (Gangadeshis who claim they are responsible for Anglo-Saxon race I kid you not)

If I have even 1 drop of banglar or African I will consider the results not correct/clean.
I swear you are exactly my kind of lass.Kudos Sakra:cheers::tup::tup::tup::tup:

Learning a new language is not the same as having a new language as the National Language, there will be alot of backlash especially from people of Karachi and Punjab as Punjabi is alot closer to urdu than it is to Dari and Karachiwalay don't like learning a new language unless its English
I don't think that Punjabis and Sindhis would have cared; as long as we had a unifying national language.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom