What's new

Who does Pakistan relate to more - Asia or Middle East?

Really? I could have sworn you said you're originally from the Dacca region. Didn't you grown up in the Gulshan district on Banani lake front?

Absolutely not. Would rather die than go to bangladesh or india. Feel like vomiting even after having said that.

Being on the continental cusp identifying with a regional identity can become quite tricky. With Pakistanis being multi ethnic this becomes even more complicated. Throw in religious bias and it becomes virtually impossible to create a unifying angle.

So how do we determine what Pakistan relates to more? What is best for her future in terms of regional identity?

I have traveled to many countries and I have always found Asia to be the most pleasant. I immediately form a connection with food, complexion and some share values. They are warm and friendly and polar opposite of what its been like in Middle East, Europe and US. I won't say I've been treated badly, its all been normal but I get a nicer vibe in Asia.

I would want Pakistan to start tilting towards Asia (not CARs) and become fully integrated but easier said than done with internal and external pull factors.

So what does a Pakistani in general relate to more?

I am Pukhtoon, we have more in common with CARs than South Asians, infact until the Brits came KPK and Balochistan was not part of South Asia especially Indians and i hate it when people try to tell us that we and Indians are same people. KPK is part of Central Asia just like Afghanistan and Balochistan is part of Middle-East (not Arabs). Even GB is part of Central Asia not South Asia.

Apart from religion what similarity with mid east? Theres none except for arab descent tribes and syeds of paksitan out which 98 pc arab descent tribes and syeds are all fakes, they are local Pakistanis from punjab , rest of provinces and majority are migrants from up and bihar who were locals of those regions and later on for odd enough reasons cooked up arab lineages.

Yes. My grandfather used to say "These were all 'Jullahes' but became 'Khans' by name only". The cricketer Javed Miandad KHAN?

And who do Pakistanis mostly relate to? The answer is that a majority of Pakistani populace lives in Punjab and Sindh and the closest matches are, of course, with north Indians. And why be surprised by that? 1947 partition is a relatively new event but before that there were hundreds if not thousands of years of shared history and culture.

Its bcoz of language which was imposed on us first by British who changed Dari for Urdu and then elite of bharati origin who was powerful in early days of Pakistan and break our country for this language thing..

If its up to me, i would declare Balochi or Hindko Pakistan's National language in next minute.. and delink Pakistan( the fifth largest nation on earth) from foreign languages.

Our Baloch feel isolated bcoz of their low stake in country's national politics due to their low population, if we make their language national language of Pakistan, they will feel more proud in Pakistan..

Funny that you mention it, i have been researching that as well and have been wondering would it have been better to have gone back to Dari instead of Urdu as our National Language. I think so coz it would have separated us from India completely.

Its bcoz of language which was imposed on us first by British who changed Dari for Urdu and then elite of bharati origin who was powerful in early days of Pakistan and break our country for this language thing..

If its up to me, i would declare Balochi or Hindko Pakistan's National language in next minute.. and delink Pakistan( the fifth largest nation on earth) from foreign languages.

Our Baloch feel isolated bcoz of their low stake in country's national politics due to their low population, if we make their language national language of Pakistan, they will feel more proud in Pakistan..

Its the mughal armys language dude. Nothing to do with India.
The word Urdu itself is turkish and theres still a town named after it.

By the way no problem of balochi if it can be agreed without anyone getting something imposed.

If I have even 1 drop of banglar or African I will consider the results not correct/clean.
Lol that things crap (23&Me). They intentionally put 5% African DNA to troll people :lol:

I can't seem to find the article where I read it. Will try to look it up.

Funny that you mention it, i have been researching that as well and have been wondering would it have been better to have gone back to Dari instead of Urdu as our National Language. I think so coz it would have separated us from India completely.
The Urdu that was commonly spoken by Mughals or even as late as the generation of Pakistanis who experienced partition has been replaced by what I call a very "Bollywoodized" type of Urdu, basically losing many of its Farsi origin words.

Also Pakistanis using alot of English words in Urdu to sound "modern" isn't helping with the preservation of the language either.

The original Urdu was far more closer to Farsi than to Hindi.

The Urdu that was commonly spoken by Mughals or even as late as the generation of Pakistanis who experienced partition has been replaced by what I call a very "Bollywoodized" type of Urdu, basically losing many of its Farsi origin words.

Also Pakistanis using alot of English words in Urdu to sound "modern" isn't helping with the preservation of the language either.

The original Urdu was far more closer to Farsi than to Hindi.

I agree and i have said this many times before on PDF that the Urdu spoken nowadays especially in Karachi is full of bollywood gangsta style words and it sounds horrendous.The Urdu spoken in Punjab is still much better. I am wondering if its to late to change the national language to Dari but not to Iranian Farsi.

I agree and i have said this many times before on PDF that the Urdu spoken nowadays especially in Karachi is full of bollywood gangsta style words and it sounds horrendous.The Urdu spoken in Punjab is still much better. I am wondering if its to late to change the national language to Dari but not to Iranian Farsi.
Honestly it's much easier for Pakistanis to learn Dari because we already have some Pakistanis who speak it, especially in Balochistan and Khyber. Also Urdu script is very similar, if not the exact same script as Farsi script which makes it hell of a lot easier to transition to Dari/Farsi for us.

Having a similar script and alphabet makes the job of learning a new language that much easier. It's no different from how an English speaker can learn Spanish very quickly due to same script.

Honestly it's much easier for Pakistanis to learn Dari because we already have some Pakistanis who speak it, especially in Balochistan and Khyber. Also Urdu script is very similar, if not the exact same script as Farsi script which makes it hell of a lot easier to transition to Dari/Farsi for us.

Having a similar script and alphabet makes the job of learning a new language that much easier. It's no different from how an English speaker can learn Spanish very quickly due to same script.

Learning a new language is not the same as having a new language as the National Language, there will be alot of backlash especially from people of Karachi and Punjab as Punjabi is alot closer to urdu than it is to Dari and Karachiwalay don't like learning a new language unless its English

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom