What's new

Which one is your favorite Bengali cuisine?

San Francisco Bay,CA

We have a couple of Bengali sweet shops owned by non Bengalis. hardly authentic.

You won't find much Indian Bengali Restaurants in US, but you will find many Bangladeshi Bengali restaurants. The food are distinctly similar. Only difference, they will have beef and we will not.

Bangladeshi restaurants are prominent in California (SFO, LA), New York, Chicago, Atlanta, where the population is more. SO you can try there. You'll get the taste. Since you are in SFO, check thoroughly, you'll definitely get one.

But definitely you'll not get that taste here, what we get back home.

You won't find much Indian Bengali Restaurants in US, but you will find many Bangladeshi Bengali restaurants. The food are distinctly similar. Only difference, they will have beef and we will not.

Bangladeshi restaurants are prominent in California (SFO, LA), New York, Chicago, Atlanta, where the population is more. SO you can try there. You'll get the taste. Since you are in SFO, check thoroughly, you'll definitely get one.

But definitely you'll not get that taste here, what we get back home.

Which was the beef steak place in WB/Cal? Think they'll do the egg a little on the more cooked side if asked to?

Which was the beef steak place in WB/Cal? Think they'll do the egg a little on the more cooked side if asked to?

It's Oly Pub!! A very famous joint in Park Street. Always overcrowded with young people and intellectuals. :D The egg is Sunny side up. They don't cook much, the yellow portion.

It's Oly Pub!! A very famous joint in Park Street. Always overcrowded with young people and intellectuals. :D The egg is Sunny side up. They don't cook much, the yellow portion.

I hate sunny side ups for some reason, dunno why. One of those things, like I can't bare tomato ketchup under any circumstance.

I hate sunny side ups for some reason, dunno why. One of those things, like I can't bare tomato ketchup under any circumstance.

I like that a lot!! :D Anyhow it won't be a problem for you. You just need to tell them, that it needs to get cooked on both sides and they will do that for you.

@Aka123 Although the best "economy-class" steak I have had was at Bistrot Ggaon and Barka lounge. :D Tenderloin, a slice from heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Armstrong I know you guys are big on the meat but take it from a guy who's worshiped his belly all over the world, an Aberdeen Angus Rib-Eye from the smoke house here is world class, have had lesser meals in prime joints up in Europe. :D

@Aka123 Although the best "economy-class" steak I have had was at Bistrot Ggaon and Barka lounge. :D Tenderloin, a slice from heaven.

Where are those ?

Even I had awesome steak in Rendezvous... Bangalore!! :D

@Armstrong I know you guys are big on the meat but take it from a guy who's worshiped his belly all over the world, an Aberdeen Angus Rib-Eye from the smoke house here is world class, have had lesser meals in prime joints up in Europe. :D

Dude, not even a meal from heaven could compare with the delight of eating roasted lamb in Peshawar's Namak Mandi ! They don't use anything but the meat's own fat & salt & pepper to make a delicacy that has left me wanting for more ever since I first tasted it & I'm not a mutton person....not one by any stretch !

Hello @Aamna Ali - Whats up behan ? :wave:

Dude, not even a meal from heaven could compare with the delight of eating roasted lamb in Peshawar's Namak Mandi ! They don't use anything but the meat's own fat & salt & pepper to make a delicacy that has left me wanting for more ever since I first tasted it & I'm not a mutton person....not one by any stretch !

True, our subcontinental food beats the bourgeois fare of the goras most of the times but seriously you need to have a tenderloin with asparagus, camembert, rosemary potato wedges and mock foie. :devil:

I memorized that one right off the menu the first time I had it.

Back
Top Bottom