What's new

Where Hindus join Shias to mourn Imam Hussain.

Hussaini Bhumihar Brahmins? I mean, wtf is that?

You know what, never mind...

:wave:

Going through the thread, and reading some of the links provided might have helped!

Here for your sake Lauki,

As per Mohyal folklore, a Mohyal of the Dutt clan had fought on behalf of Imam Hussain in the battle of Karbala, more specifically in the storming of Kufa- sacrificing his seven sons in the process. According to legend, Rahab Sidh Datt (also mentioned as Rahib Sidh or Sidh Viyog Datt in some versions) was the leader of a small band of career-soldiers living near Baghdad around the time of the battle of Karbala. The legend mentions the place where he stayed as Dair-al-Hindiya, meaning "The Indian Quarter", which matches an Al-Hindiya in existence today. The Dutts have traditionally been referred to as Hussaini Brahmins since times immemorial[4] Munshi Premchand's novel ‘Karbala’ also mentions about Hindus fighting for the sake of Imam Hussain, and refers to them as descendants of Ashwatthama, who the Dutt clan considers to be an ancestor. This legend occupies an important part in the Dutt clan's oral history,[5][6] and is considered a source of pride for them.[7

Sunni killing Shia it,s been happening for long long time in Pakistan. We used to live in a sunni dominated area in Lahore and in Muharam we used to have Majliss ( shia way of thinking of pains and hardships of the prophet,s PBL family) at our house i have seen many times in my childhood memories mobs of sunnies will gather out side our house threatening to burn down our house and kill our whole family if we did not stop our Mujlis. So my brother this evil has existed for long long time.

Brother thats beyond sad to hear !

But I've lived here in this city all my life & I've got both Shias in my family & friends but I can't remember anyone ever going through a similar incident. I'm sure these things happen & they are condemnable.

Hussaini Bhumihar Brahmins? I mean, wtf is that?

You know what, never mind...

:wave:

If you don't know jack squat about the subject, why write in to say so? Any problem with your mail count?

@Roybot - your avatar ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I want - please, please, please....so much more inspirational than a scholarly reference to the true vocation of the clerk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going through the thread, and reading some of the links provided might have helped!

Here for your sake Lauki,

If you don't know jack squat about the subject, why write in to say so? Any problem with your mail count?

Sorry, never ever heard of them :lol:

Nor do I give a damn about these "sects" and "castes". These are all silly terms to me and there aren't any such in Islam. NONE whatsoever.

And I thought you people considered your god as a separate entity from the Muslim god? It's kinda rich coming from you guys.

Anyhow......carry on and have fun :wave:

In one line... Power game

1. Shia: Who followed/Supported Muhammad family members
2. Sunni : who supported Khalifa .

There are many minor issues and ideological differnce as well like.
1. SHia don't belive Muhammad last prophet, they believe in Messiha (like all other religion does)
2. Shia wanted Islam to spread by Muhammad blood line, while sunni wiped out those blood line.
3. Handful of Shia were trapped in Karbala by 10 Khalifa and bucherd mericlessly. even Women and kids were not spared.

Read my signature, you know nothing. There was no shia at karbala the schism occurred after the fact. I am a Sunni Syed whose ancestors were Sufi Pirs so do not comment on things you know nothing about.

Nor do I give a damn about these "sects" and "castes". These are all silly terms to me and there aren't any such in Islam. NONE whatsoever.

And I thought you people considered your god as a separate entity from the Muslim god? It's kinda rich coming from you guys.

In reference to the topic I called my uncle who happens to be a Shia and he laughed it off as well. Most Shias even say no such thing happened and they do not know who these people are so it most likely some folklore story.

Interestingly I happened across a different version of the story on some Ismaili website. Supposedly Imam Hussain (RA)'s son sent a letter or something to the Indian king Chandragupta and he sent these people (Hussein Brahmin) to assist but by the time they arrived the massacre had already occurred. They quartered in an area which became known as Hindiyah (something along the like) and were also attacked and killed by Yazid when he learned why they had come. Only the father survived and he went back to the Punjab. Now this story might be credible except Chandragupta was alive BCE time period and so the dates do not add up. Unless there was another king of the same name at the time?? Also this would explain how their names were not among the martyrs of Karbala but they still died for the cause. Than again like I said it all rides on if the dates add up.

But why are they getting killed?

Does it have something to do with spilling blood and how that is absolute taboo as per the Islam that Sunnis follow?

Out here, the Imambaras have huge banners advertising Blood Donation camps etc. - so I think there is a link?

It has everything to do with the blood they spill, it is forbidden to harm oneself like that which is why Sunnis object to the Ashura rituals. However the idiots bombing the rituals are salafi extremist scum who are taught that they are doing a service. Sunnis show respect by fasting and dwah for the martyrs it is only a myth that Sunnis do not mourn the sacrifice.

Wait aren't you Zabaniya? What went wrong with you, you used to be a wise guy!

What has this got to do with Gods? Imam Hussain was not God, and either case Hussaini Brahmins are not claiming to be his descendant. They claim to be descendants of Mohyals who according to folklore participated(whatever little contribution) in the Battle of Karbala. No one is trying to link religions here, these people mourn the death of Imam Hussain out of respect, and have been doing it for centuries. Hope that makes sense.

And lol, did you just say that there is no sect and castes in Islam? Good one, please go and sell that hs to someone else thanks.

Don it is a myth that only 72 people fought at Karbala.

The 72 number is of the deceased. Close to 200 participated but many ran away when they saw the overwhelming odds of which none happened to be Hindus. 150-200 is the more widely assumed number against nearly 60000-80000 of Yazids men.

What has this got to do with Gods? Imam Hussain was not God, and either case Hussaini Brahmins are not claiming to be his descendant. They claim to be descendants of Mohyals who according to folklore participated(whatever little contribution) in the Battle of Karbala. No one is trying to link religions here, these people mourn the death of Imam Hussain out of respect, and have been doing it for centuries. Hope that makes sense.

And lol, did you just say that there is no sect and castes in Islam? Good one, please go and sell that hs to someone else thanks.

You misunderstood what he meant, it was made very clear that sects and caste was forbidden in Islam however Muslims broke off into such anyway. I refer to myself only as a Muslim but I would be considered a Sunni because my practices are orthodox compared to the people who call themselves Shia.

Wow....it took you so long to figure out? :woot:

I'm the first and only ELITE BDian :D

Meh, not that it matters.

Oh wow!

You misunderstood what he meant, it was made very clear that sects and caste was forbidden in Islam however Muslims broke off into such anyway. I refer to myself only as a Muslim but I would be considered a Sunni because my practices are orthodox compared to the people who call themselves Shia.

Buts thats already been mentioned that there will be such "fitnas" at the end of days.
All sorts.. and each will claim to be "pure"

If you don't give a damn about these 'sects' and castes, why comment? Why get into silly terms that mean nothing to you? And since when did a Mohiyal Brahmin need permission from Islam to be a Mohiyal Brahmin?

Only a truly dense person would bring god into this. A caste that traditionally fought for a living did not fight for the other man's God, only because he either believed in the man, or in his loyalty to his oath of service. Where does this become a problem between God A and God B?

Since you have shown how devoid of any background you are, you might ask yourself the same question about Ibrahim Gardi, the Master-at-Arms for the Marathas at Panipat III.

What are ignorant people like you doing in these discussions?

Buts thats already been mentioned that there will be such "fitnas" at the end of days.
All sorts.. and each will claim to be "pure"

You are right yaar but I do not post such tidbits because then people accuse me of being a Mullah but yes Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) told everyone before his death that such breakups would occur.

Back
Top Bottom